Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX - Ventura 13.6.6 OC 0.99 Post Install Ethernet Realtec chipset not detected and can't be properly configured

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

Sorry @CaseySJ for polluting your initial post about your Asus X670 Gene, here is mine as many contributors tried to help me.
Config in signature
So far, on OC 0.99 I am able to successfully:
  • Get the Ventura 13.6.6 Apple install menu
  • Get the utility disk menu to format my internal SSD
  • Go through the 1st steps of installation (17min then 29min...)
  • Reboot on the macOS installer
  • Reboot on the internal SSD (get rid off the macOS installer from the USB)

But then I continuously reboot on the last menu with either the Ventua installer or the internal SSD and never reach the Welcome screen of macOS "Choose your country".

This is exactly the same issue, whatever I try to install Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura or Sonoma.

Here are a few screenshots and the currently tested EFI which need to be corrected.
This EFI has been prepared:
  • with the "generic" EFI from Casey (initial post updated to OC 0.94, latest one available from him)
  • updated to OC 0.99
  • All his recommendations regarding BIOS setup, MMIOs discovered, number of physical cores in CPU, RAM information, included in his first 3 posts have been followed.
  • USB mapping has been done under Windows with USBTool box and relevant SSDT disabled, and kexts added.

The "tailored made EFI" is the one attached to the post.

I am looking for additional input as I no longer see what to further investigate...
Thanks a lot to those who already tried to help me... and welcome to new ideas :cool: I won't give up !

bFzH3Ia.jpg

5enc4Tx.jpg

iArAswB.jpg

Attachments

• EFI 01000 ok copie.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 12

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk
Latest efi @Mac Arthur is using is cleaned of that stuff as I suggested in my old posts
We have only to check his Ethernet device id if it is the same of your and others working Realtek

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi all, I did some homework...

@Shaneee yes Amazon is available here but for some stupid reasons ALL stuff related to communication are almost systematically banned by customs. So forget about it.
And In addition to that, the comment from @Edhawk confirms that it is going to work. Just a matter of time and properly implemented procedures, :cool:

What did I do this morning?

Hackintool on the machine to identify the chipset Realtec

3tYzyBc.png

Confirmation that it is not seen and active by the Mac

IkKFq1a.png

Extract the pcidevices.plit

On the EFI working to launch Ventura, I removed of all Properties devices and add only the Realtec Lan card one by copy/paste from the pcidevices.plit generated by Hackintool.

kTi3b27.png

Saved the EFI, reboot, reset NVRAM and launched Ventura.
Still not seen...

The only one I see is the USB Lan adaptor that Shaneee suggested to use. It is seen natively but then I often need to manage self assigned IP.

RYTlEDd.png

Enclosed the pcidevices.plit file and EFI currently under testing.

Any relevant and fruitful ideas most welcomed :cool:

Attachments

• pcidevices.txt.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 3
  • EFI No SN.zip
    35.4 MB · Views: 3

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
2 points I forgot to mention.
I by chance discover while checking the EFI that in Plateform Info the processor type always move to 3842 although it has been setup with 3841 value and saved.
I was wondering if some parameters in the Bios should be double checked (although it has been setup already according to CaseySJ recommendations)...

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
1714025270440.png

Problem is not here...

have you tried to do others things i said?
here i mean:
1714025351937.png

and see if something happens?
could you also type this in terminal windows and post output you have?
kextstat | grep -v com.apple

i would also try to disable in your bios (only to understand better this weird situation)
1) wifi
2)audio
3)Thunderbolt if you have it

it is a desperate try! :)

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
1) I don't have access to this menu ;-) It's not I can't connect. There is no device detected so no harware info (unless I am looking in the wrong place)

2) Enclosed the kextstat report

Gonna check the BIOS now :cool:

Attachments

• Terminal kexstat.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
BIOS very poor in configuration.
Cannot disable neither wifi nor audio.
No TB on this card.

Only found two screens regarding version of
Realteck chips V2.052 Dec 2019
BIOS Version F4

9Kija6n.jpg

BwtnsMH.jpg

Looking on Gigabyte MB info I see that:

- Lan drivers have been updated 2023
Would you recommend to give a try?

- Bios is outdated but looking at their download page I don't see any relevant info that might need to be updated:
Any advice?

The room for manœuvre becomes narrow, but still keeping hope :) :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Check in your Bios in the ‘Settings’ > ‘IO Ports’ section that the LAN Controller has not been set as ‘Disabled’.

GIGABYTE AMD 600 Series BIOS Setup.jpeg.png

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Forgot to mention that I checked already.
Unfortunately it's enabled since the beginning. It would have been so much hope if not!

BTW I found the Audio setup in BIOS. I disabled it and no change.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The audio device should be Enabled in the Bios, otherwise the OS won’t see it and AppleALC.kext will have no effect on your Realtek audio.

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Mac Arthur
your bios is very old and is missing many improvements and security fixes, you are running on F4 while the latest stable is F23
I suggest you to update, the update will eventually update the onboard devices uefi drivers as well.
You can download F23 here: DOWNLOAD F23

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
BIOS updated to F23, BIOS setup again and...
NO change, still no Ethernet Lan seen in the hack :eek::mad:

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Mac Arthur in other OS (windows or linux) does it work? :)

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I don't use Linux but yes with windows no problem!

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Well I am facing big issues (and I love it indeed !)
Without Ethernet connection I spent some time to do some benchmarks to compare the AMD newcomer and the "old" Z490 Vision D build, the one I use on a daily basis.

And I just discovered that the modest newbie AMD is more powerful than the Intel one. Pretty logical after almost 5 years of service...

So I have no other choice than:
  • solving out the Ethernet problem (I need youuu) :cool:
  • considering to further discover the AMD scene with a more powerful machine ( @CaseySJ on the Intel x86 forum encouraged me to do so as well).

In the meantime which PCIe Lan card OOTB would you recommend me to (try) to find? It's gonna be hard in my country but no other choice!
I know that this solution is not satisfactory but I definitely need to be connected!

Thanks again for your input...

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Can you upload your systems DSDT file please. I'm curious if it needs a bridge for the LAN to work.

Also what country are you in? Will help us locate an alternative for you.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Well I am facing big issues (and I love it indeed !)
Without Ethernet connection I spent some time to do some benchmarks to compare the AMD newcomer and the "old" Z490 Vision D build, the one I use on a daily basis.

And I just discovered that the modest newbie AMD is more powerful than the Intel one. Pretty logical after almost 5 years of service...

So I have no other choice than:
  • solving out the Ethernet problem (I need youuu) :cool:
  • considering to further discover the AMD scene with a more powerful machine ( @CaseySJ on the Intel x86 forum encouraged me to do so as well).

In the meantime which PCIe Lan card OOTB would you recommend me to (try) to find? It's gonna be hard in my country but no other choice!
I know that this solution is not satisfactory but I definitely need to be connected!

Thanks again for your input...

Hello @Mac Arthur,

Please try the attached config.plist (backup your existing one first). After rebooting, check if Realtek Ethernet is working and post the IOReg file.

Attachments

• config.plist
    50.9 KB · Views: 2

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'm really sorry that you haven't been able to resolve your issue.
I find that there was a little lack of clarity in the way you explained your problem.
To be able to express yourself better. Help here ⇾ : How To Express Yourself & Overcome Shyness: A Guide
And also Logical path of thought. Help here ⇾ : 10 signs you need to consider Logical Thinking Process.
Please don't thank me, I do that with pleasure.
Now the game is over !
Go on other posts to increase your post account. If you can't properly read AND understand English use Google Translate and refrain from posting answers out of context.
Looking to your on other posts on this forum clearly show that although you are full of willingness your knowledge is as of to day still limited.
Wondering why all experts on this forum comment on my EFI to help me and are trying to clearly understand the root of the issue to find a proper solution. :cool:

Et maintenant pour que ce soit parfaitement clair, abstenez vous de raconter des histoires qui n'ont pas lieu d'être. Il y a plein d'autres sujet sur lesquels vous concentrer. La prochaine fois je signale à la modération.
Quant à vos liens sur la façon de s'exprimer commencez par les relire et balayez devant votre porte...
MERCI

Last edited:

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@CaseySJ same output, no Ethernet Lan detected.

@Shaneee I live in Cambodia.
To be honest I don't know how to extract and upload systems DSDT :cool: Enclosed my current EFI we are working on.
Thanks again for your time and help!

Attachments

• EFI No SN copie.zip
    35.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IOReg file..zip
    740.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Mac Arthur the main goal should be to understand why in your case it doesnt work also in macOS Ventura 13.01 as the user with your same motherboard said it worked
we can eliminate hardware problem because in windows your ethernet works
Using the same his "working" EFI in ventura macOS 13.01 |(i do not remember his exact version) produce no joy for your rig
so this is weird and puzzling :)

i would try always to disable internal wifi/audio and see if something change /in the past before a patch done by Casey we have scrambling and overlapping devices on AM5
it shouldnt be your case..but we have tested (maybe) all we can to debug this problem ;)

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@mariettosun I just reboot on the EFI created by @KWODO under 13.01 and I don't get the Ethernet visible in my cong.
Same story in Monterey.
I am out of additional idea to implement so far.
Waiting for USA to wake up :cool:

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.