Gigabyte B650M Aorus PRO AX (rev. 1.0) EFI - Adaptable to Gigabyte B650 boards

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
I just updated to OpenCore 0.9.4 and Ventura to 13.5, no issues until now. The EFI post was updated with it.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Sonoma go or no go?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Sonoma go or no go?
Go but with the BCM94360NG wifi won't work, bluetooth will, without using OCLP (openCore Legacy Patcher. Intel Cards work with the new Preview 5 Airportitlwm.kext as does Bluetooth.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Go but with the BCM94360NG wifi won't work, bluetooth will, without using OCLP (openCore Legacy Patcher. Intel Cards work with the new Preview 5 Airportitlwm.kext as does Bluetooth.
I tried but she hung on first reboot stuck on the Apple Logo. I'm on 0.9.5 and looking for a solution.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I tried but she hung on first reboot stuck on the Apple Logo. I'm on 0.9.5 and looking for a solution.
IN your config.plist under Misc/ Security what setting is SecureBootModel set to? I had to change to "Disabled" to get it working, also I'd change to verbose mode to see if there are any clues as to where its stops.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
IN your config.plist under Misc/ Security what setting is SecureBootModel set to? I had to change to "Disabled" to get it working, also I'd change to verbose mode to see if there are any clues as to where its stops.
Nah, it was my outdated kernel patch. All is good now.

dekuyt

AMD OS X Member
Hi @leesurone. You can share your B650 aorus elite Ax EFI? with my EFI, I am unable to install Sonoma,The installation always fails. The same motherboard (B650 aorus elite ax).. sorry for the inconvenience

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi @leesurone. You can share your B650 aorus elite Ax EFI? with my EFI, I am unable to install Sonoma,The installation always fails. The same motherboard (B650 aorus elite ax).. sorry for the inconvenience
Here's my version using OC .9.6. I haven't triesd loading Sonoma with it being I use a Fenvi M2 card that Wifi would be disabled if I did.

Attachments

• Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX EFI.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

dekuyt

AMD OS X Member

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Thank u so much @leesurone. I`ll try
Let me know if you need my version as well, I am using 0.9.5, still need to update to the latest one.

I am not installing sonoma very soon due to the same issue leesurone talked about: the fenvi wifi...

dekuyt

AMD OS X Member
Let me know if you need my version as well, I am using 0.9.5, still need to update to the latest one.

I am not installing sonoma very soon due to the same issue leesurone talked about: the fenvi wifi...
Did not work. Black screen after the apple logo. Ventura worked perfectly.
Can you share your EFI? I'll try it too

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Did not work. Black screen after the apple logo. Ventura worked perfectly.
Can you share your EFI? I'll try it too
What did not work?

dekuyt

AMD OS X Member
What did not work?
Sonoma.. thank you very much. I'm going to install Ventura, it's working perfectly with your EFI
I just imported the MMIoWhitelist from my other EFI, and it worked.

Last edited:

dekuyt

AMD OS X Member
@leesurone @jubarim Thanks for the help guys. Everything works perfectly now (Sleep, USB map) including Sonoma. I'm using the opencore legacy patcher and some kexts..so the wifi is perfect in Sonoma (Beta 14.3)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12 MB · Views: 26
  • geekbench.png
    geekbench.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 24
  • sonoma14.3.png
    sonoma14.3.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 26

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@leesurone @jubarim Thanks for the help guys. Everything works perfectly now (Sleep, USB map) including Sonoma. I'm using the opencore legacy patcher and some kexts..so the wifi is perfect in Sonoma (Beta 14.3)

Very nice, just wanted to let you know your SMCRadeonGPU.kext is 0.3.3 and the latest is 1.3.0 and NVRAM->Delete 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 : csr-active-config is duplicated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 3.30.10 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 3.30.10 PM.png
    346.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 3.36.17 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 3.36.17 PM.png
    209.8 KB · Views: 14

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Here's my version using OC .9.6. I haven't triesd loading Sonoma with it being I use a Fenvi M2 card that Wifi would be disabled if I did.
If you want to try Sonoma yours with patched Wi-Fi. Just need to run OCLP after install.

Attachments

• Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX 0.9.7 EFI.zip
    13.9 MB · Views: 18

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If you want to try Sonoma yours with patched Wi-Fi. Just need to run OCLP after install.
Thanks, I don't have that system anymore and made the decision to stay out of the OCLP pool a while ago. Appreciate the thought though. (y)

polymax

AMD OS X Member
Thought I'd put my EFI up because this thread was very helpful. Aorus Elite AX B650 Rev 1.2, BIOS FC, 7700x, Opencore 9.8, running Sonoma 14.3.
I went ahead and started from scratch. Did my own MMIO discovery/testing, created SSDT's, etc.
It's been running stable for a couple days. I have no need for wifi or bluetooth so those aren't included.
Was using BIOS FA2, but FC seems to have a bit fewer bugs. Could just be me though.

Thanks for all the other postings and EFI's here.........

Attachments

• EFI Sonoma 14.3 OC 0.9.8.zip
    7 MB · Views: 13

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Thought I'd put my EFI up because this thread was very helpful. Aorus Elite AX B650 Rev 1.2, BIOS FC, 7700x, Opencore 9.8, running Sonoma 14.3.
I went ahead and started from scratch. Did my own MMIO discovery/testing, created SSDT's, etc.
It's been running stable for a couple days. I have no need for wifi or bluetooth so those aren't included.
Was using BIOS FA2, but FC seems to have a bit fewer bugs. Could just be me though.

Thanks for all the other postings and EFI's here.........
Good to hear that!

I have not moved to Sonoma yet, still in Ventura... I don't like the idea of disabling protections to use the native wifi/bt. But you never know, maybe later this year...

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Updates:

============
22 March 2024
============
Opencore: 0.9.7

My build is not stable in sleep mode. Sometimes it just powers off and this week it's rebooting. Not sure what happened, maybe it's the latest Ventura 13.6.5 I updated to.

I just updated my BIOS to F22b, not sure if it will help, probably not, I will let you know.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.