Gigabyte B650M Aorus PRO AX (rev. 1.0) EFI - Adaptable to Gigabyte B650 boards

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
** This is just a preliminary version for this Gigabyte AM5 motherboard that could be adapted to other boards

Parts used in my build:
  • Gigabyte B650M Aorus PRO AX (rev. 1.0) - bios F4b (F4 was released, I need to update)
  • AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-core 24-thread processor
  • TBD Radeon RX 6xxx GPU ( I had to return the 6800XT because it was crashing in games and rebooting in 3dmark spy test)
  • 32GB Kingston 5600MHz CL40 DDR5 with AMD EXPO support and RGB that NEVER EVER turns off in sleep, this is killing me) (2 x 16GB modules)
  • Corsair CX750M PSU
  • Asus TUF 120mm Liquid AIO

Screenshot from 2023-03-24 16-01-07.png

26 March 2023:
Added first version of OpenCore 0.9.0 EFI Folder - there is still a lot to do: no USB patches, nothing done yet.

## Credits
  • Special thanks to @CaseySJ, @Lorys89 and @Cheesetoast , without their help this would be very hard.
  • Dortania for their awesome guides.
  • @CorpNewt for Gygabyte patch
  • And anyone else that helped to develop and improve hackintoshing.
## References

Last edited:

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Releases:
  1. OpenCore 0.9.0 - Ventura - with usb port mapped.
  2. 02_oc090_Ventura_13.2.zip: Ventura 13.2, OC 0.9.0, Motherboard updated to BIOS F4. This version is much more stable and based on @Kubokun EFI here.
  3. EFI3_oc092_Ventura_13.3.1a.zip - OpenCore 0.9.2 - Tested with Ventura 13.3.1a.
  4. EFI4_oc094_Ventura_13.5.zip - OpenCore 0.9.4 - Tested with Ventura 13.5.

Note: remember to add your own serial / model etc before using the EFI.

Attachments

• oc090_Ventura_ usb_mapped.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 30
  • 02_oc090_Ventura_13.2.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 17
  • EFI3_oc092_Ventura_13.3.1a.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 41
  • EFI4_oc094_Ventura_13.5.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Updates:

============
22 March 2024
============
Opencore: 0.9.7

My build is not stable in sleep mode. Sometimes it just powers off and this week it's rebooting. Not sure what happened, maybe it's the latest Ventura 13.6.5 I updated to.

I just updated my BIOS to F22b, not sure if it will help, probably not, I will let you know.

Last edited:

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Any hope for an update with 0.9.2 ?

jubarim

AMD OS X Member

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Sure, I will post it now, please check the second message update.
Thanks bud, my board is arriving tomorrow hope to be up and running by tomorrow night this should really help allot.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I had no sound but I was able to fix, enabled patch 17 "CaseySJ - Fix PCI bus enumeration on AM5 - 13.0" and switched to SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml and removed SSDT-EC-AMD.aml as per Shaneee suggestion. So far everything is working well including sleep no LAN though that's the only problem. This was patched for 7700x as well the rest of my info is in my sig.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 11

Kubokun

AMD OS X Member
I had no sound but I was able to fix, enabled patch 17 "CaseySJ - Fix PCI bus enumeration on AM5 - 13.0" and switched to SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml and removed SSDT-EC-AMD.aml as per Shaneee suggestion. So far everything is working well including sleep no LAN though that's the only problem. This was patched for 7700x as well the rest of my info is in my sig.
inject this kext to config.plist for LAN
@jubarim Gigabyte recently release f5d bios and it fixed the onboard audio , a little cpu vcore offset , worked perfectly for mine

Attachments

• AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext.zip
    158.3 KB · Views: 9

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@jubarim Gigabyte recently release f5d bios and it fixed the onboard audio , a little cpu vcore offset , worked perfectly for mine
Thanks alcid 11 worked for me then I did it the more permanent way.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 10.59.40 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 10.59.40 AM.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
LAN working :) thank you Kubokun.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Bios F6a OpenCore 0.9.2 all Kexts and drivers up to date. Audio, LAN, Sleep all working perfectly. Patched for 7700x. Thanks jubarim for starting me in the right direction and Shaneee who is always there to help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Bios F6a OpenCore 0.9.2 all Kexts and drivers up to date. Audio, LAN, Sleep all working perfectly. Patched for 7700x. Thanks jubarim for starting me in the right direction and Shaneee who is always there to help.

Hi! Sorry for taking too long to enter here.

I'm glad it helped. This is the work of everyone here.

By the way, I still have to update my bios to the latest one, there are releasing lots of bios these last weeks. The last one is F7a...

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

By the way, I still have to update my bios to the latest one, there are releasing lots of bios these last weeks. The last one is F7a...

Bios F6 OpenCore 0.9.3 all Kexts and drivers up to date. Patched for 7700X. I have learned personally to avoid the BIOS a,b,c versions unless I have a specific issue they address. I'm sticking with 6 now until 7 is final.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 31

CallMESuper

AMD OS X Member

hi, my motherboard is b650m aorus elite ax and I try to adapt your efi for my 7950x. when I install macos into my nvme it reboot over and over again even it cannot show opencore menu. what should I do

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
hi, my motherboard is b650m aorus elite ax and I try to adapt your efi for my 7950x. when I install macos into my nvme it reboot over and over again even it cannot show opencore menu. what should I do
You have different CPU Core Counts, 16 vs 12 for the 7900X, so you need to adjust those in the kernel patches in your config.plist. See here for more information

CallMESuper

AMD OS X Member
You have different CPU Core Counts, 16 vs 12 for the 7900X, so you need to adjust those in the kernel patches in your config.plist. See here for more information
thx for reply,but I still have problem. adjust the value to hex 10 with 16 cores and process type to 3841. but same as before

CallMESuper

AMD OS X Member

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
thx for reply,but I still have problem. adjust the value to hex 10 with 16 cores and process type to 3841. but same as before
Please upload you zipped EFI folder after removing serial numbers etc so someone can help you further. Also please double check your bios settings.

BIOS Settings
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
  • Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI mode
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.