Gigabyte B450M - Ryzen 1600 - WX 5100 Pro

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Does anyone have a working 0.7.6 EFI for the Gigabyte B450M board. My wife's computer runs it but mine is an ASUS Hero x570 board so my usb map is different and I am not familiar enough to go mucking about.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Remove the USB map and any board specific kexts like LAN etc. Reset the SMBios info and kernel patches for the CPU in her system and it should be fine to boot. Then you can map the USB there.

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee Ive got a weird issue installing Monterey 12.2.1 on my wifes computer... so the install goes through the initial agreements and then starts and gets through the countdown till like 5 min left and then tries to reboot and just keeps rebooting once it loads the apple logo

I think I have the EFI built with 7.6, any ideas that you have that can point me in the right direction

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Is it an AMD system also?

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Is it an AMD system also?
It is, I found the issue. The BIOS for some reason re-enabled CSM when the installer did its first reboot and then cause it to just go into a boot loop. I go it all working and USBmap completed, waiting on the Bluetooth and Wifi card to come in and that will wrap her build up. Dual boot MacOS Monterey and Windows 11 Home. You dont happen to know how to tell OpenCore EFI menu to default to MacOs instead of Windows do you?

PLOPZA

AMD OS X Member
It is, I found the issue. The BIOS for some reason re-enabled CSM when the installer did its first reboot and then cause it to just go into a boot loop. I go it all working and USBmap completed, waiting on the Bluetooth and Wifi card to come in and that will wrap her build up. Dual boot MacOS Monterey and Windows 11 Home. You dont happen to know how to tell OpenCore EFI menu to default to MacOs instead of Windows do you?
hold down the CTRL key while selecting macOS, and hit enter/left click, should make it the default until windows tries to change the boot order with updates, has happened to me before

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.