Configuring OpenCore for Asus ProArt X670E Creator

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hello Casey,

First, I would like to thank you for your contribution.

Second, I just finished building my PC and would like to install OSX Ventura on it. I have run into a bit of a problem following your outline in order to patch.

Here are the specs for my PC:
AMD 7950X.
Asus ProArt Creator x670E with 10G (Aquantia).
64GB of DDR5 6000 RAM.
2TB NVME Corsair for MacOS.
AMD Radeon 6900XT.
Fenvi T919.

Attached I’ve included my EFI Folder. Can you help me with the patch and help me with my MacOS installation?

Thanks for the help,

Tenshou
Hello @Tenshou,

To configure OpenCore for your Asus board, please have a look at this overview:

You've already started the configuration process so it should be straightforward to go through the above overview. As you tackle each step in the process feel free to ask specific questions.

Attachments

• EFI-tenshou.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 29

Tenshou

AMD OS X Member
Both Ethernet ports do not work. As for USB, some Ports work and some do not. It looks as if the Kexts are partly ignored Ventura. When I disable the 2 USB kexts, most of my USB ports don’t work on the installation screen. With them enabled, more USB ports will work, but not all.

Still no wifi or Ethernet. Quite odd when I use the Fenvi T919, which should work out the box on Ventura.

Tenshou

AMD OS X Member
With Bios 705, it was much more stable. Bios 805 couldn’t even finish the installation. Very unstable.

Now most USB ports work…in the install selection, my keyboard and mouse are both operational, yet the flashing display for keyboard and mouse are on. Plugging a new mouse into a USB 2.0 port solves that issue but still no WiFi and no Ethernet.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Let’s take a look at your IOReg. From IORegistryExplorer, simply select File -> Save As… and compress/post that file.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
No change. No WiFi or Ethernet in Ventura. USB mapping all over the place. Not sure why. Tried with Monterrey Nvme and everything works perfect.

does your fenvi card work in windows? my Fenvi card works even in the intaller for both Monterey and Ventura in both the X670E Creator and the X670E Hero even tho I have not yet been able to successfully install any version of MacOS on either mobo.

the only difference in behavior between Monterey and Ventura is that in Monterey I can see my both my 5Ghz wifi network and in Ventura I can only see my 2Ghz wifi connection.

I can connect to the internet in the installer -- the Safari app works fine.

I just can't Install MacOS.

I feel dumb. I will try your EFI and see if I have. better luck with it.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Here are the PCIE dumps and ioreg from both Monterrey and Ventura
We can download IORegistryExplorer 3.0.2 from this link. After launching this app and allowing macOS to run it (System Settings -> Security and Privacy), simply select File -> Save As... to save the IOReg. Then compress and post that file.

Tenshou

AMD OS X Member
does your fenvi card work in windows? my Fenvi card works even in the intaller for both Monterey and Ventura in both the X670E Creator and the X670E Hero even tho I have not yet been able to successfully install any version of MacOS on either mobo.

the only difference in behavior between Monterey and Ventura is that in Monterey I can see my both my 5Ghz wifi network and in Ventura I can only see my 2Ghz wifi connection.

I can connect to the internet in the installer -- the Safari app works fine.

I just can't Install MacOS.

I feel dumb. I will try your EFI and see if I have. better luck with it.
Yes. It works fine in Windows. In fact, it works fine in Mac Monterey

Tenshou

AMD OS X Member
We can download IORegistryExplorer 3.0.2 from this link. After launching this app and allowing macOS to run it (System Settings -> Security and Privacy), simply select File -> Save As... to save the IOReg. Then compress and post that file.
Here you go, Casey.

Attachments

• Mac Ventura.zip
    9 MB · Views: 4

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Here you go, Casey.
Please try the following:
  1. Disable both of the USB kexts -> Reboot to Ventura -> Run IORegistryExplorer -> Save IOReg file --> Post new file
  2. Add attached SSDT to config.plist -> ACPI and also copy the file to EFI/OC/ACPI folder
  3. Reboot -> Go to BIOS Setup -> Disable Thunderbolt in BIOS -> Save BIOS settings and exit
  4. Boot Ventura --> Run IORegistryExplorer -> Save IOReg file -> Post new file

Attachments

• SSDT-IGPU-DISABLE.aml.zip
    865 bytes · Views: 2

Tenshou

AMD OS X Member
Can you make a SSDT to disable Thunderbolt? I need it to be available in Windows at least. I do have a few Thunderbolt devices that I need to use for work.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Can you make a SSDT to disable Thunderbolt? I need it to be available in Windows at least. I do have a few Thunderbolt devices that I need to use for work.
Disabling Thunderbolt in BIOS is not a permanent suggestion. It's a diagnostic suggestion to determine what's happening in Ventura.

Tenshou

AMD OS X Member
After disabling thunderbolt, nothing changes. However, I managed to find the issue and a workaround.

If you start with Monterey and update to Ventura 13.0.1, everything will work perfect. Just like Monterey

You can then update to Ventura 13.1 from that and all settings will stay. I now have a perfect working Hackingtosh on Ventura 13.1. With Thunderbolt enabled in BIOS.

For those with the same board:
Make sure you use Bios 705. The EFI posted earlier will work.

You just need to download Ventura beta from GibMacOS.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.