Configuring OpenCore for Asus ProArt X670E Creator

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hello Casey,

First, I would like to thank you for your contribution.

Second, I just finished building my PC and would like to install OSX Ventura on it. I have run into a bit of a problem following your outline in order to patch.

Here are the specs for my PC:
AMD 7950X.
Asus ProArt Creator x670E with 10G (Aquantia).
64GB of DDR5 6000 RAM.
2TB NVME Corsair for MacOS.
AMD Radeon 6900XT.
Fenvi T919.

Attached I’ve included my EFI Folder. Can you help me with the patch and help me with my MacOS installation?

Thanks for the help,

Tenshou
Hello @Tenshou,

To configure OpenCore for your Asus board, please have a look at this overview:

You've already started the configuration process so it should be straightforward to go through the above overview. As you tackle each step in the process feel free to ask specific questions.

Attachments

• EFI-tenshou.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 29

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You've already started the configuration process so it should be straightforward to go through the above overview. As you tackle each step in the process feel free to ask specific questions.

Thank you sir.. does this include the MMIO white list entires fro the X670E Creator ?

Tenshou

AMD OS X Member
I tried the above EFI and it didnt work. At first I got this error: "OC Configuration requires vault" so I went and edited the config.plist file to change Vault to Optional.

I also went and disabled all quirks except those in your overview. It boots but is stuck on the OpenCore Boot Menu.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Here is an example of configuring MMIO White List:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I tried the above EFI and it didnt work. At first I got this error: "OC Configuration requires vault" so I went and edited the config.plist file to change Vault to Optional.

I also went and disabled all quirks except those in your overview. It boots but is stuck on the OpenCore Boot Menu.
I didn't make any change to the EFI.

Instead, have a look at the Outline we put together here:

Also follow the Dortania guide. There is a section specifically for AMD Ryzen:

The Dortania guide points you to specific SSDTs for Ryzen. Don't use those. Instead, use the SSDTs we provide in the Outline. The Dortania guide helps you determine which quirks to enable and disable. It also tells you the meaning of each quirk.

So there are two guides:
  1. The Dortania Guide
  2. The Outline we provided here on this website

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Got it. Will go through it now
Excellent :)

If you read through the thread below, you will see what happens when we try to hand-hold someone through the entire setup process. That’s why I really don’t want to go through that again. :)

There’s a lot of good information there to look through, however, especially with USB port mapping. Even MMIO white list is discussed.

Tenshou

AMD OS X Member
After installing Monterrey, everything works. I did USB mapping. MMIO whitelist and followed the guide + outline.

However, after updating to Ventura, nothing works. Fenvi919 didn’t work and the Aquantia 10g didn’t work. The only thing that works in Ventura is the 6900XT.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Last edited:

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
After installing Monterrey, everything works. I did USB mapping. MMIO whitelist and followed the guide + outline.

However, after updating to Ventura, nothing works. Fenvi919 didn’t work and the Aquantia 10g didn’t work. The only thing that works in Ventura is the 6900XT.

Can you point me in the right direction?
In Monterey Thunderbolt works ? and how did you tested it ?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I’ll take a look at the EFI folder soon…

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Two issues found:
  1. Add RadeonSensor.kext to Kernel section anywhere before SMCRadeonSensor as shown:
    Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 12.14.49 PM.png
  2. Enable only Set 1 or Set 2 patches for Aquantia 10GbE, but never both at the same time:
    Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 12.11.26 PM.png

Tenshou

AMD OS X Member
That’s odd. I only added the first set of patches for the Aquantia. Will fix both and try Ventura installer

Tenshou

AMD OS X Member
No change. No WiFi or Ethernet in Ventura. USB mapping all over the place. Not sure why. Tried with Monterrey Nvme and everything works perfect.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
No change. No WiFi or Ethernet in Ventura. USB mapping all over the place. Not sure why. Tried with Monterrey Nvme and everything works perfect.
What do you mean by "USB mapping all over the place"? Have you tried disabling both of the USB kexts and rebooting?

Which Ethernet fails to work:
  • Intel i225-V?
  • Aquantia 10GbE?
Intel i225-V will not work in Ventura unless we follow this procedure:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.