Can anyone help me to install sonoma on hp elitebook 835 g7, AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U ?

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Take a look at this thread.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
I have attached a copy of my EFI for a 'DESKTOP' with a Ryzen 7 4700G, unfortunately I have no experience with laptops, but it's a start. There are specific AMD laptop kexts etc that you will have to look up an add to the EFI. You'll also need to add SMBIOS info.

Attachments

• EFI copy.zip
    28.2 MB · Views: 6

wladhpamd

AMD OS X Member
photo_2023-12-16_19-57-50.jpg
for the first time more information, and this window appeared

Attachments

• opencore-2023-11-09-044400.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Oh wow!, that’s unexpected, do you have a wired mouse. If you switch on your Mighty Mouse it should find it.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Hmm, I need help here, there are kexts you need to install into the EFI to enable them. Check out these kexts from Noot and see what you need to install for keyboard and trackpad.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Mac OS started to install, and after 12 minutes remained a memory panic occurred
I can have a look at the EFI later when I’m in front of my build. I didn’t expect you to get that far tbh, so I’m hopeful.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
One thing you should definitely try is adding the SMBIOS info for your laptop. We don't want to broadcast this info, so you should try it yourself. Noot suggests MacBookPro16,3 for laptops, that's entered in 'SystemProductName'. Corpnewts GenSMBIOS script will help with the rest of the info.Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 8.45.12 AM.png

wladhpamd

AMD OS X Member
One thing you should definitely try is adding the SMBIOS info for your laptop. We don't want to broadcast this info, so you should try it yourself. Noot suggests MacBookPro16,3 for laptops, that's entered in 'SystemProductName'. Corpnewts GenSMBIOS script will help with the rest of the info.View attachment 12902

I generated bios for iMacPro 1,1

wladhpamd

AMD OS X Member
it no longer gives the memory panic error, now when after first reboot you select the Mac OS installer, it only reboots, and I can’t enter the OpenCore EFI menu

craighazan

Donator
Donator
it no longer gives the memory panic error, now when you select the Mac OS installer, it only reboots, and I can’t enter the OpenCore EFI menu
Try using the MacBookPro16,3 SMBIOS.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Did you reset NVRAM from the opencore boot picker when changing SMBIOS?.

wladhpamd

AMD OS X Member
I changed smbios to MacBookPro16,3, and the installation process continued, after next reboot this appeared on the screen
photo_2023-12-17_18-22-55.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.