AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hey, guys! Has anyone using the BCM94360NG had any problems with audio? It could be a coincidence, but right after I replaced the original motherboard module with a BCM94360NG, my audio is stuttering. It happens on 2 different hackintoshs (one on nvme and another on sdd, with different EFI) but it doesn't happen on windows. It's driving me crazy! It happens in the audio via usb interface, in the monitor audio via hdmi etc. Tried disabling onboard audio in BIOS, tried with and without AppleALC.kext, nothing solves the problem.
Have you tried using AppleALCU instead?

vitorpvcampos

AMD OS X Member
Last edited:

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Maybe it is GPU driver issue a few weeks ago after installing an update to Radeon Software, when it rebooted a Windows message popped telling me to restart again x16 WiFi error.

The WiFi and Bluetooth were not working at all but the Hardware was showing on Device Manger.

You could try reinstalling the Radeon Software which will reinstall the newest drivers.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Can someone help me install RadeonSensor on my hackintosh? I have the AMD power gadget installed, which I love. i've been pushing my 6900 XT pretty hard lately and want a way to monitor what it's doing and how it's behaving in the same way I am monitoring my 5950x with the AMD power gadget.

thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Can someone help me install RadeonSensor on my hackintosh? I have the AMD power gadget installed, which I love. i've been pushing my 6900 XT pretty hard lately and want a way to monitor what it's doing and how it's behaving in the same way I am monitoring my 5950x with the AMD power gadget.

thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

Put SMCRadeonGPU.kext and RadeonSensor.kext in you kext folder. Using OpenCore Configurator. Got to the Kext section and drag each of the kexts from the folder into the list of kexts. Place them at the bottom of the list. That is it. The Radeon Sensor app should work after that.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Put SMCRadeonGPU.kext and RadeonSensor.kext in you kext folder. Using OpenCore Configurator. Got to the Kext section and drag each of the kexts from the folder into the list of kexts. Place them at the bottom of the list. That is it. The Radeon Sensor app should work after that.
i'd love to except there are no kexts in the download zip file. (kill me now)

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
i'd love to except there are no kexts in the download zip file. (kill me now)

On the right side of the GitHub page there is the a release. Click on that and it should download the Kext and app.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
On the right side of the GitHub page there is the a release. Click on that and it should download the Kext and app.
found it. not its sure its the latest. but it works. or at least i get a GPU temp reading on my status bar. adding the 2 kexts to my OC and snapshotting it didn't brick my system. I am therefore eternally grateful.

moving on to my next order of business. I need some help cleaning up my kext folder/config.plist.

lots of kexts there and I suspect I do not need many of them.

I am using the fenvi T919 (Broadcom BCM4360) PCI card for wifi only. do I need Airportltlwm.kext? I will say Wifi works flawlessly even with this kext being loaded whether it is needed or not.

what about BluetoolFixUp.kext?

I am using the Asus BT-400 dongle (Broadcom BCM20702A0) for BT only. it works well but is spotty. Every so often I have to move it to a different USB port on my system in order for my Magic Keyboard (from 2016) and my Mighty Mouse (from 2004 but still working perfectly) to be able to connect and not "reject" the BT connection.I am wondering if it is bc there are a bunch of BT kexts in my config.plist i don't need.

LuckyRTL8125Ethernet.kext and/or SmallTreeIntel82576.kext

I am using the on-board Intel i255-V 2.5 gig ethernet and I believe it is working fine. it is still untested b/c my Hackintosh is still sitting on a test bench and the nearby ethernet port was never activated. I'm too lazy to go poking around the IT closet to active the nearby port. I have been using the Fenvi Wifi for my internet needs exclusively. once I am done setting everything up I will move this system to its permanent home where there is already a working ethernet port and test there.

are either of these kexts needed for my ethernet NIC?

USBMap.kext and USBPorts.kext

do I really need both of these? IIRC AudioGod's OC 7.4 folder only included one of the 2. I tried mapping USB ports using hackintool but I did't get very far. there is a chance that one of these 2 kexts was generated by my attempt to manually map the usb ports of my system but I don't recall.

thank you in advance for taking the time to reply.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
found it. not its sure its the latest. but it works. or at least i get a GPU temp reading on my status bar. adding the 2 kexts to my OC and snapshotting it didn't brick my system. I am therefore eternally grateful.

moving on to my next order of business. I need some help cleaning up my kext folder/config.plist.

lots of kexts there and I suspect I do not need many of them.

I am using the fenvi T919 (Broadcom BCM4360) PCI card for wifi only. do I need Airportltlwm.kext? I will say Wifi works flawlessly even with this kext being loaded whether it is needed or not.

what about BluetoolFixUp.kext?

I am using the Asus BT-400 dongle (Broadcom BCM20702A0) for BT only. it works well but is spotty. Every so often I have to move it to a different USB port on my system in order for my Magic Keyboard (from 2016) and my Mighty Mouse (from 2004 but still working perfectly) to be able to connect and not "reject" the BT connection.I am wondering if it is bc there are a bunch of BT kexts in my config.plist i don't need.

LuckyRTL8125Ethernet.kext and/or SmallTreeIntel82576.kext

I am using the on-board Intel i255-V 2.5 gig ethernet and I believe it is working fine. it is still untested b/c my Hackintosh is still sitting on a test bench and the nearby ethernet port was never activated. I'm too lazy to go poking around the IT closet to active the nearby port. I have been using the Fenvi Wifi for my internet needs exclusively. once I am done setting everything up I will move this system to its permanent home where there is already a working ethernet port and test there.

are either of these kexts needed for my ethernet NIC?

USBMap.kext and USBPorts.kext

do I really need both of these? IIRC AudioGod's OC 7.4 folder only included one of the 2. I tried mapping USB ports using hackintool but I did't get very far. there is a chance that one of these 2 kexts was generated by my attempt to manually map the usb ports of my system but I don't recall.

thank you in advance for taking the time to reply.

WiFI and Bluetooth should be native to BCM4360 and Airportltlwm and the Bluetooth kext should not be needed.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
WiFI and Bluetooth should be native to BCM4360 and Airportltlwm and the Bluetooth kext should not be needed.

Turns out the ASUS BT-400 won't work without BluetoolFixUp.kext -- very strange.

one of these days i'm going to remove this Asus BT400 USB dongle and reconnect the USB BT adapter that is included with the Fenvi T919 to the internal USB header.. remove the BluetoolFixUp.kext and see where the chips fall. but for now, BluetoolFixUp.kext stays.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Turns out the ASUS BT-400 won't work without BluetoolFixUp.kext -- very strange.

one of these days i'm going to remove this Asus BT400 USB dongle and reconnect the USB BT adapter that is included with the Fenvi T919 to the internal USB header.. remove the BluetoolFixUp.kext and see where the chips fall. but for now, BluetoolFixUp.kext stays.

Does you BCM card not have Bluetooth built in?

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Does you BCM card not have Bluetooth built in?
The fenvi T919 does have BT built in but there is something very weird going on with my Mobo's USB mapping and when I 1st tried to use it, it would not be recognized.

here's a screenshot of my most recent usb map in hackintool:

I remind you that my mobo is the AUS X570 Creator, not the x570 ROG Gaming that is the topic of this thread but they are similar enough that AudioGod's OC was a great starting point for my Mobo.

You will note that this mobo has 3 USB 3.0 controllers and a Thunderbolt controller, so the 15 port limit in OS X gets reached rather quickly.

I will say that when I 1st installed the Fenvi T919 internal USB BT header -- when it originally refused to work at all -- XHC0 PRT5 and XH60 PRT6 were not showing USB 2.0 hub the way they are showing now. I paid USD 9.00 for the ASUS BT-400 at the recommendation of a Morgonaut YouTube video and it arrived from amazon before I was done troubleshooting my USB mapping issues. it worked well (tho not perfectly) and so I used the BT-400 and never looked back.

I have 120 mm Noctua intake fan at the bottom of my case right where the 2 internal USB headers are, so I would have to remove said fan to try testing the BT adapter included with the Fenvi card. it seems like an awful lot of work since said intake fan helps my case and my crazy 6900 xt GPU stay nice an cool. 34 C according to Radeon Gadget -- yay.

I do wonder if the BT adapter included with the fenvi would work now that the internal USB headers seem recognized. but mostly i'm like.. "if it ain't broke, don't touch it. :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The 15 port limit is for each Controller, as you have 4 controllers each can theoretically have 4 x 15 ports active. None of the controllers in your system will individually exceed the 15 port limit.

Apple systems tend to have only one USB controller and never exceed the 15 ports on that single controller.

If you sort the USB ports by 'Location ID' in the Hackintool USB tab, you will get a better picture of which ports are on each controller. As they are mixed together when sorted by 'Type', as there are 2 x XHC0, 1 x XHC1 and 1 x XHCI (TB) controllers.

The 2 x XHC0 controllers each have 10 ports.
The XHCI (TB) controller will only have 4 x ports.
If my math is correct you have a maximum of 38 ports in your system.
10+10+4=24 (38-24=14) so the XHC1 controller should have a maximum of 14 x ports.

These are the USB ports available on your system:
Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 19.51.06.png

Going by the above extract from your motherboards Specification page, you should have the following:
  • 6 x USB2 header ports set as Internal (255), if all three motherboard headers are in full use.
    • If a 9-pin Bluetooth plug is connected to a header, then only one of the two ports will be active.
  • 8 x USB3 ports, 4 x USB2 virtual ports and 4 x USB3 physical ports from the 8 Type-A ports on the rear I/O plate, all should be set as USB3 (3)
    • All Type- A USB3.2 Gen 1 and Gen2 ports should be set the same, i.e., as USB3.
  • 4 x USB3 ports, 2 USB2 virtual ports and 2 x USB3 physical ports from the motherboard header, all should be set as USB3 (3)
  • 3 x USB Type-C ports, these will provide both a USB2 and USB3 port, so 6 x ports in total.
    • They will need to be set as follows:
      • Type-c+sw (9) or
      • Type-c (10),
    • Which you use will depend on how the port works when a Type-C device is plugged in to the port, and then removed, with the Type-C device flipped 180° and reinserted, the connector type to use depends on whether a different port is highlighted or if the same port is highlighted as previous insertion.
Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 20.01.52.png

The Thunderbolt ports will be Connector Type (9), Type-c+sw. As the ACPI port will not change. As there will only be the 4 x ports available on this controller and only 2 x ports are Type-c physical the other 2 x port are virtual USB2 ports.

The other Type-C port needs testing to discover if it is with or without a switch. If you have a Type-c front case port attached to the motherboard connector.

I would recommend revisiting the USB port discovery phase for your system, with the information provided above in the front of your mind while doing so.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The 15 port limit is for each Controller, as you have 4 controllers each can theoretically have 4 x 15 ports active. None of the controllers in your system will individually exceed the 15 port limit.

Apple systems tend to have only one USB controller and never exceed the 15 ports on that single controller.

If you sort the USB ports by 'Location ID' in the Hackintool USB tab, you will get a better picture of which ports are on each controller. As they are mixed together when sorted by 'Type', as there are 2 x XHC0, 1 x XHC1 and 1 x XHCI (TB) controllers.

I would recommend revisiting the USB port discovery phase for your system, with the information provided above in the front of your mind while doing so.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! you have no idea how helpful this post is to me.

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
an update..

after a bit of trial and error, it turns out that the BT portion of the Fenvi T919 was being finicky b/c of the BlueToolFixup.kext.

I had originally blamed my poor usb port mapping abilities on why the BT didn't work properly, but it seems like the BlueToolFixup.kext was interfering somehow. I removed it from my config.plist and .. who knew.. super stable BT connections abound.

also, I am now able to control the OC partition selector on powerup with my BT Magic Keyboard. which was not the case when using the BT-400 dongle.

that said, uptime of me having connected my Mighty Mouse and Magic Keyboard to the Fenvi BT adapter is about 15 minutes and counting as of the time of this writing. but, I have a very good feeling. generally BT devices connected to the Fenvi with BlueToolFixup.kext would disconnect after 30 seconds and then spontaneously reconnect 30 seconds after that.. rinse and repeat.

also, you may be pleased to know that I was able to connect to one of the 3 internal USB headers on my mobo without having to 1st remove the 120 mm Noctua intake fan at the bottom of the case. i'm super proud of myself.

unfortunately I also took the opportunity to remove my monster of a Power Color 6900 XT so that I could plug the USB 3.2 Gen 1(USB-A) header to my mobo.. but it is sideways facing on this mobo, and my case is small, and I failed miserably. to make matters worse, I think I bent a few of the pins on the usb 3.2 header on the mobo. oh well.. no front facing USB-A ports on this build. the front facing 3.2 Gen 2 USB-C port works fine on the front of the case. thank god.

(super pro tip... if you want to install the ASUS X570 Creator in a smaller form factor mid tower case -- like the Fractal Torrent Compact -- plug in the front panel USB 3.2 gen 1 cable into the motherboard before placing said mobo into the case. your life will be much, much easier. )

also, for those keeping score, since it looks like I will no longer be needing the ASUS BT-400 dongle, I have actually gained a USB-A 3.2 Gen 1 port in the back of my PC.. so it isn't the end of the world.

NEXT UP...

I also broke down and got myself a Thunderbolt NVME enclosure so I can start troubleshooting Thunderbolt issues.

stay tuned. and thank you for all your help thus far.

Last edited:

curiousodd

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I was able to solve the problem with my Fenvi FV-HB1200, I investigated about the USB connectors on my motherboard and it turned out that USB_E56 is not compatible with standard USB, change to the correct one, now wifi and bluetooth worked without the need of any additional kext, change the Fenvi antennas for the one on my motherboard that fit perfectly with those on my motherboard, with which I have better coverage and the AirPods no longer have problems

View attachment 5998

View attachment 5999
View attachment 6000

Before this I had a strange error with the installer, I'll leave it here in case someone also has it, on the first reboot the installer went into a loop with the error Err(0xE) <- EB.WL.PWLFRTC, with the same configuration of OpenCore with which I did a previous installation, the solution is to recreate your USB installer, apparently something is corrupted and you have that error.

Thank you all for your input, AMD OSX!
DUDE you are genius, this solved my bluetooth problem with Monterey 12.4 and Ventura beta 3. Thanks

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Update to Ventura beta 4 successfully with oc 083

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
a further update...

thunderbolt works... very well. but not hot plug. that's my next challenge.

I borrowed one of the SSDTs from HackinDROM that was made for the ASUS Z490 Creator and wouldn't you know it, it works very well.

here are some Black Magic disk speed screen shots for your viewing pleasure...

The internal NVME (Seagate FireCuda 530) that macOS 12.4 is running on... very fast:

DiskSpeedTest Ryzentosh Internal NVME 080422.png

My ACASIS Thunderbolt enclosure with a 1 TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NVME inside:

DiskSpeedTest Ryzentosh TB3 08.04.22.png

pretty fast.. but is it really Thunderbolt speeds? I mean, it's a bit of a downgrade from the internal NVME ...

i'm having trouble uploading more photos so I am going to continue this update in the next post.. stay tuned...

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Galve2000 They also only advertise with those speeds. Thunderbolt supports 40GBit/s, but it then depends on how both ends are connected. If the either Thunderbolt controller is only connected with 10 or 20GBit/s they can't deliver the full 40GBit/s. They don't specify how the SSD is connected, PCIe gen 3 or 4?

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Galve2000 They also only advertise with those speeds. Thunderbolt supports 40GBit/s, but it then depends on how both ends are connected. If the either Thunderbolt controller is only connected with 10 or 20GBit/s they can't deliver the full 40GBit/s. They don't specify how the SSD is connected, PCIe gen 3 or 4?

Wait until you see the usb-c 3.2 gen 1 speeds with the same enclosure…

(They are atrocious… but I’m having trouble posting further images to this thread..)

Let’s see what tomorrow will bring..

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.