12.0 Monterey - OCB: LoadImage Failed Unsupported

mort

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

I'm attempting to do my first Hackintosh and after booting from the USB I receive the following error
OCB: LoadImage Failed - Unsupported

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H

Here is my EFI Folder structure as it stands on my USB

for quicker troubleshooting for anyone that may know a fix, I have attached directly my config.plist

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• config.plist
    38.6 KB · Views: 16

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Don't pay someone to do it. Either they'll face the same issue or flat out scam you. @Aluveitie any suggestions on this?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@mort try the EFI folder attached below.

It has been created with these attributes:
  1. B550 Motherboard
  2. 6-Core AMD CPU (Patches)
  3. You are installing macOS Monterey 12.1 or newer, so your RX6600 XT works
  4. 4G setting in bios used, so npci=0x2000 boot argument omitted
  5. RX6600 XT dGPU (boot argument)
  6. OpenCore version 0.7.7 EFI
  7. The MacPro7,1 SMBIOS data from your config has been used
  8. OC GUI enabled, with populated Resources folder
  9. Hide Auxiliary option enabled, so ClearNvram etc. not displayed till spacebar is pressed on the OC boot screen.
When you try this EFI, make sure you use the ClearNvram and ResetSystem tools, before you try to boot macOS Monterey. Otherwise the previous NVRAM settings will be used and this might cause a kernel panic.

Let us know how you get on with the EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 135

mort

AMD OS X Member
@mort try the EFI folder attached below.

It has been created with these attributes:
  1. B550 Motherboard
  2. 6-Core AMD CPU (Patches)
  3. You are installing macOS Monterey 12.1 or newer, so your RX6600 XT works
  4. 4G setting in bios used, so npci=0x2000 boot argument omitted
  5. RX6600 XT dGPU (boot argument)
  6. OpenCore version 0.7.7 EFI
  7. The MacPro7,1 SMBIOS data from your config has been used
  8. OC GUI enabled, with populated Resources folder
  9. Hide Auxiliary option enabled, so ClearNvram etc. not displayed till spacebar is pressed on the OC boot screen.
When you try this EFI, make sure you use the ClearNvram and ResetSystem tools, before you try to boot macOS Monterey. Otherwise the previous NVRAM settings will be used and this might cause a kernel panic.

Let us know how you get on with the EFI.
Holy **** man,

For the first time I’ve reached the macOS install GUI

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Hopefully the OS will install and you can run Monterey as you wanted. Best of luck.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Nice work @Edhawk What did you do different?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I'm not sure if I am honest. As I didn't compare any of the other config's or EFI folders before I created the folder.

I just started from scratch with an OpenCore 0.7.7 EFI, a clean sample.plist and went through the OC guide to check I had made all the necessary changes for an AMD B550/6-core system.

John29

AMD OS X Member
That's so weird, I still have issues to install Monterey, both by updating from bigsur or using an USB Installer.
My motherboard is a MSI B550M Mortar Wifi running with a 3500X Ryzen CPU and a Rx6800 GPU from Gigabyte.

But I haven't use the clearvram and resetsystem tools yet... I'm gonna give a try asap

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@John29 MSI motherboards have unresolved issues when installing or trying to run macOS Monterey. You need to stick with Big Sur until a solution is found.

This effects all MSI boards as far as I am aware, so do not mess with your EFI folder, as it is not something you can fix, yet.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
With MSI boards you can try an older BIOS version as long as it still supports your CPU. 5000 Series CPUs are unable to do this.

John29

AMD OS X Member
I was about to try with the 7C94v12 BIOS version for my motherboard @Shaneee.
But, what if I update to the latest BIOS version after I potentially succeed at installing Monterey... Ya guys think this could work ?
This effects all MSI boards as far as I am aware, so do not mess with your EFI folder, as it is not something you can fix, yet.
Yeah @Edhawk , I've been spending days looking for fixes and trying things. Would be cool to make a B550/MSI dev room on the discord

John29

AMD OS X Member
WAIT A MIN.... I don't know if the following BIOS settings must be disabled by any way possible and could cause the mentioned issues related to MSI and b550 boards while installing Montereyt but they aren't in my BIOS for sure.
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
Is there a way to disable them thru a kext or the config.plist ?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If they are not in your Bios, you don't need to worry about them.

Leaving the Serial/COM port enabled in the bios causes a different kernel panic, has done for a long time. It is not related to the MSI board issue.

Downgrading the Bios has allowed other users with MSI boards to boot in to macOS Monterey.

You just need to make sure you haven't already installed a Bios that prevents the system from being downgraded, due to a fix that Intel and the Bios manufacturers (different from the Board manufacturer) have instigated due to a serious venerability in the older bios's. MSI may not have released a Bios with this latest fix, for your board.

The latest Bios version for your board is v 7C94v19, Release Date 2021-12-20. Downgrading to Version 7C94v17 Release Date 2021-05-25 might be worth a try.

poob

AMD OS X Member
Hopefully the OS will install and you can run Monterey as you wanted. Best of luck.
Do we have to use the _MacOSX? (In EFI File)

nvm my PC is stuck on the apple loading bar

My Pc Specs:

Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core Processer

16 GB Ram

AMD: Radeon RX-6700 XT

Attachments

• BB3ED251-5C25-449C-BCBE-07F3BFD4475A.jpeg
    BB3ED251-5C25-449C-BCBE-07F3BFD4475A.jpeg
    592.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
It is an ever present folder when you are creating an installer in Windows. So yes, add the _MacOSX folder to your USB installer, along with the EFI folder you have created.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
The issue was because of the Booter quirks. Either EnableWriteUnprotector (FX systems) or RebuildAppleMemoryMap and SyncRuntimePermissions (Ryzen/Threadripper systems) are necessary for a successful boot. SetupVirtualMap might also be required in some cases. In your EFI, all these 4 were disabled.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.