Search results

1. M

$95 AMD CPU turned into 16GB GPU for AI use

As an ingenious cost-saving idea, someone has gotten an old Zen 2 Ryzen 5 4600G chip and turned it into a 16GB GPU for AI apps like Stable Diffusion by way of splitting the 32GB system memory which is shared with the IGPU...
  2. M

NootedRed not working with Atari VCS

So I'd been doing some testing earlier today with Monterey on my Atari VCS which has a Ryzen 1606G chip with onboard Vega 3 graphics. It seems that NootedRed refuses to work with it. No matter what settings I've set it with, it refuses to boot to the login screen. I've already disabled CSM in...
  3. M

Important update for ASUS routers

ASUS has released an important notice and firmware update for anyone who has their (affected) routers. They recommend to patch it right away due to a number of issues discovered. The patch includes a fix for nine security holes, including some severe ones - such as CVE-2022-26376, which is a...
  4. M

Minisforum launches Ryzen 9 5900HX & RX6600M Mini PC

Minisforum is releasing a Ryzen 9 5900HX based mini PC system with (get this) - a RX6600M gpu with 8GB of RAM! As we already know the RX6600M works in Monterey, this would make it an ideal Mac Mini alternative (and one that also can run x86 Windows). Minisforum Elitemini HX90G will be available...
  5. M

AMD Ryzen CPU naming scheme to change in 2023

So I've just found out that AMD will be changing the Ryzen's CPU naming scheme next year in 2023, and that it will be much more different than what we have currently. To give an example this is what it will look like for say next years Ryzen '5' series 6 core chip...
  6. M

New AMD Ryzen 7000 series announced

For those who aren't yet aware, this was announced earlier today
  7. M

WhateverRed Lilu plugin for AMD IGPUs

I have been reliably informed that development work has been started on a new Lilu plugin for AMD CPUs with IGPUs including laptops like those with Picasso/Raven/Vega3/Vega 8 chipsets called WhateverRed. AMD IGPU acceleration has been initiated so far but doesn't load. Work is still very much in...
  8. M

Samsung 1TB 980 Pro NVMe SSD for $139.99

Just thought to let you know that Samsung's 980 Pro NVMe SSD range is currently 33% off their normal price on Amazon. Discounted products also include their 2TB drive. This is a great deal for anyone who wants to upgrade their system, is building a new one or needs a spare swap drive.
  9. M

Youtuber tries to upgrade M1 Macbook Pro chip to M2

Wccftech reports Youtuber Luke Miani tried to manually upgrade his Macbook Pro's M1 chip to an M2 to see if it works https://wccftech.com/youtuber-attempted-to-upgrade-the-m1-macbook-pro-with-an-m2-chip-and-the-results-are-not-surprising/
  10. M

Monterey 12.5 Public Beta

The public beta of Monterey 12.5 is now available according to MacRumors, so you should be able to download it https://www.macrumors.com/2022/06/24/apple-seeds-macos-monterey-12-5-beta-4/
  11. M

AMD Ryzen 5000 price drop

Just letting you all know AMD is currently having a sale on Ryzen CPUs. The Ryzen 9 5900X for example is now only £369 ($395.98) at Amazon and £342 on eBay. On both sites, prices are roughly 30% discounted across the range, making it a good time to get a new system (or upgrade) if you're looking...
  12. M

New AMD PCs from Epson

Just thought to drop this here (if anyone is living in or near Japan). They've just released some new AMD Ryzen & Nvidia RTX 30 based performance PCs which also has big expansion slots for storage. www.youtube.com/watch?v=tciXUqPPaUc I was a big fan of their PCs in the early years having...
  13. M

AMD Zen Audio Codec Support for AppleALC

Guys, I am wondering if anyone could help with a request. I am trying to activate the audio codec on my Atari VCS which uses the AMD Zen 15E3 audio chip. The driver is already available on AppleALC but without a pin configuration placed into AppleALC it cannot be used. That's where you come...
  14. M

OCAuxiliaryTool (OCAT) not updating files on Monterey with AMD systems

Hi guys, Just wanted to post here of a bug I found recently with OCAuxiliaryTool (OCAT) v.20220212 in that after I ingested a config.plist from an external USB stick, and clicked to download and update the kexts and new OC and sync the files - the kexts despite showing updated version numbers...
  15. M

I got banned on TMx86

So folks, I just found out I got banned on Tonymac site. After being there for like more than 10 years as user - and despite always trying to be being careful and helpful with my posts. However I do want to apologise to the TM mods - I didn't intend to disregard the rules, it was a mistake. It...
  16. M

CPUID list repo

I just thought to let you guys know I have found a CPUID repo on Github which lists all of the CPUIDs for both Intel and AMD chips. So if you use say Clover or Opencore it is possible to use those codes in your build. Might also be helpful with kernel development. >...
  17. M

Navi 6000 series GPU performance hit with Monterey 12.3

It looks like Mac users all over the interweb is currently seeing performance drops with their AMD Navi series cards, in particular the 6800XT & 6900XT series after updating to the latest Monterey 12.3. Compared to 12.1/12.2 they are seeing more than a 50% or even 90% drop in overall GPU...
  18. M

AMD Radeon Pro arriving June 8th

Thought some of you guys may be interested in this > https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-says-something-big-is-coming-likely-radeon-pro-with-navi-21-gpu
  19. M

AMD Computex 2021 Keynote

Anyone seen the new AMD keynote yet? What are your thoughts/verdicts?
  20. M

Big Sur 11.5 beta released

Not sure if you guys have heard but Big Sur 11.5 beta has just been dropped earlier today! https://9to5mac.com/2021/05/19/apple-releases-macos-11-5-beta-to-developers-ahead-of-11-4-public-release/
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.