Convert my Monterey EFI to work with Ventura

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member
Hi, my current EFI which works perfectly with MacOS Monterey doesn't seem to work with MacOS Ventura. I've spent several days to get it to work, without success.

Can someone upgrade my EFI to OpenCore 0.8.2 including the required changes for Ventura?

My hardware:
  • PC Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C TG
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 9700K, 9th Gen (Code name: Coffee Lake)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Designare
  • Sound card (onboard): ALC 1220-VB audio controller
  • SSD storage: Crucial Crucial MX500, 1TB
  • Graphic card: AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB
  • Fenvi T919 for WiFi/Bluetooth, AirDrop, Apple Watch Unlock, etc.
  • Power Supply: Be quiet! Dark Power 12 1000W
  • Memory (RAM): Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x 16GB, total 32GB)
  • Display: iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU-B1 UltraWideScreen, 34 inch.
Many thanks.

Joost

Attachments

• 7-6-2022 17h46 Z390 OC081 Monterey NoSN.zip
    32.9 MB · Views: 64

savage001

AMD OS X Member
I am hoping someone here can identify a reason to why i can boot the installer -> go through the install process fine until i get to the initial setup.
At initial setup sometimes i either get a black / grey screen or sometimes i get through the initial stages of setup and make it to the network selection screen where choosing a network will just reboot my machine.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5 MB · Views: 10

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I am hoping someone here can identify a reason to why i can boot the installer -> go through the install process fine until i get to the initial setup.
At initial setup sometimes i either get a black / grey screen or sometimes i get through the initial stages of setup and make it to the network selection screen where choosing a network will just reboot my machine.
You could try to disable the WiFi or LAN kexts before retrying the installation.

savage001

AMD OS X Member
You could try to disable the WiFi or LAN kexts before retrying the installation.
If you download my EFI you will see I have none being used. The first time I got the issue I removed the kexts as i became aware I didn’t need them.
There has to be another issue somewhere, Monterey boots and works as it should, Ventura boots and installs but get a black or grey screen at initial setup.
It has to be a config error or maybe bios? I have pciex16 set to use pciev3.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
If you download my EFI you will see I have none being used. The first time I got the issue I removed the kexts as i became aware I didn’t need them.
There has to be another issue somewhere, Monterey boots and works as it should, Ventura boots and installs but get a black or grey screen at initial setup.
It has to be a config error or maybe bios? I have pciex16 set to use pciev3.
In that case I'm afraid I can't help you since you are already using the latest OC 0.8.2. Unfortunately Ventura is still very new and there is still a lot of issues
being uncovered.

If it helps here are my suggestions for installing Ventura:

Enable AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
Disable WiFi & Bluetooth drivers ie. Airportbrcm, Airportitlwm and/or BrcmPatchRam3
Set Kernel > Emulate > Min kernel: 22.99.99
Disable Kernel > Quirks > AvoidRunTimeDefrag
Enable Kernel > Quirks > ProvideCurrentCpuInfo

craighazan

Donator
Donator
A couple of things to try;

Add the boot argument 'Lilubetaal' to your plist.

set "AvoidRuntimeDefrag" to NO or "0"

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Beta 3 available for download, not showing up in gibMacOS yet, updating now.Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 1.16.21 PM.png

bloodpain

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,

Have tried several times to install Ventura, but no success. Stucks in first seconds after reboot. Currently using Monterey 12.4.

Can someone help to convert my EFI for Ventura? Thanks.
Hi, were you able to solve this? My config is almost identical to yours, I tried all the possible methods described on the web and still got no luck.

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member
GibMacOS hasn't been updated yet with beta 3, right? I'm not seeing it. I'm having difficulties to install b3 over b2, it keeps rebooting whatever I do. So I need to create a USB with b3 :)

craighazan

Donator
Donator
GibMacOS hasn't been updated yet with beta 3, right? I'm not seeing it. I'm having difficulties to install b3 over b2, it keeps rebooting whatever I do. So I need to create a USB with b3 :)
Just checked again, still not showing up. When I tried upgrading from system preferences, it would say failed to prepare installer. It would then download the full installer, go through the two hour installation and once complete I was still on 'J', beta 2!.

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member
Just checked again, still not showing up. When I tried upgrading from system preferences, it would say failed to prepare installer. It would then download the full installer, go through the two hour installation and once complete I was still on 'J', beta 2!.
I’m having exactly the same problems.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
I’m having exactly the same problems.
It's the same for my recycled build, ASUS Prime Intel H310 T and A320 (AM4). There don't seem to be many clues on the InsanelyMac forums, I did get spooked when I read about Metal 3 compatibility, but I don't have to move my Sapphire pulse RX580 yet.

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member
It's the same for my recycled build, ASUS Prime Intel H310 T and A320 (AM4). There don't seem to be many clues on the InsanelyMac forums, I did get spooked when I read about Metal 3 compatibility, but I don't have to move my Sapphire pulse RX580 yet.
I’m sure a fix will be provided soon. If not by final , I’m going to buy a real Mac 😂

craighazan

Donator
Donator
New Beta up!, (22A5295i)

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 1.23.59 PM.png

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Public beta is available now.

shankydilse

AMD OS X Member
Well, I kind of got through most of the issues myself.. wasnt getting any response here. I have now updated to 0.8.3 but ventura beta 2 keeps on restarting with Kernel Panic after every few minutes. Can someone please look into the EFI

My Specs:
Ryzen 3600
Asus B450M-A
32 GB RAM 3200 MHz
RX 580
Fenvi T919
Biostar SSD 512 GB NVME

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 8

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Well, I kind of got through most of the issues myself.. wasnt getting any response here. I have now updated to 0.8.3 but ventura beta 2 keeps on restarting with Kernel Panic after every few minutes. Can someone please look into the EFI

My Specs:
Ryzen 3600
Asus B450M-A
32 GB RAM 3200 MHz
RX 580
Fenvi T919
Biostar SSD 512 GB NVME
I'm not an EFI master, but do you need the AirportBrcomFixup.kext?, Ive been reading on the insanelymac forums that there might an issue. Why are you installing Beta 2?, the public beta was released yesterday, why not create a new installer.

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member

My Specs:
Ryzen 3600
Asus B450M-A
32 GB RAM 3200 MHz
RX 580
Fenvi T919
Biostar SSD 512 GB NVME

Updating all kexts worked for me, I too got the kernel panic. Try it by downloading the latest commitments here:

AlexXplo

AMD OS X Member
Myeah, unfortunetly I'm trying since 3-4 days to make my EFI folder to work with Ventura but without any succes... Maybe @CaseySJ can you help me it will be awsome, or someone who how how to convert monterey EFI to Ventura EFI.
I was reading multiple websites but none of them explain step by step how to do it...
I will attach here the EFI folder, maybe someone will help me in the future.
Thank you

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 4

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Myeah, unfortunetly I'm trying since 3-4 days to make my EFI folder to work with Ventura but without any succes... Maybe @CaseySJ can you help me it will be awsome, or someone who how how to convert monterey EFI to Ventura EFI.
I was reading multiple websites but none of them explain step by step how to do it...
I will attach here the EFI folder, maybe someone will help me in the future.
Thank you
Please try the attached EFI folder. It's been updated to OpenCore 0.8.3 and latest AMD kernel patches. Also use the latest AMD Power Gadget in macOS:

Screenshot 2022-08-15 at 1.23.12 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI-AlexXplo.zip
    8 MB · Views: 22
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.