Will this setup work?

MikeV68

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

I'm trying to dual boot hackintosh, would these components work?

Thanks all!

AMD X570-A Pro
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 570 04G
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (Might upgrade to 970 EVO MVMe m.2)
Noctua NH-U12S
Corsair 750TX PSU

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Looks fine, but I'd guess that a 500-600W PSU would be more than enough for this build if you want to save some money for the better SSD.

MikeV68

AMD OS X Member
Looks fine, but I'd guess that a 500-600W PSU would be more than enough for this build if you want to save some money for the better SSD.
Yea, I was given this PSU but most likely will get a newer one. Thank you.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just noticed it's an MSI. I cannot personally comment on those boards, but I rarely see MSI X570 builds mentioned here. Gigabyte and ASRock seem to be the most common ones.
So in cases of complicated issues you have less chance to find someone with the same/similar setup. Same time all X570 boards are very similar and many things apply across all vendors.

Just something to consider.

MikeV68

AMD OS X Member
Just noticed it's an MSI. I cannot personally comment on those boards, but I rarely see MSI X570 builds mentioned here. Gigabyte and ASRock seem to be the most common ones.
So in cases of complicated issues you have less chance to find someone with the same/similar setup. Same time all X570 boards are very similar and many things apply across all vendors.

Just something to consider.
I've heard that about MSI, I hope it workouts. If not, I'll be the guinea pig for everyone.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I've heard that about MSI, I hope it workouts. If not, I'll be the guinea pig for everyone.

Was a similar experience for me with the ITX board, worst case at least you'd learn a lot :)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.