WiFi and Ethernet Issues on Gigabyte Aorus Master X Z790 with Sonoma

Danish297

AMD OS X Member
Hi @Shaneee / @Edhawk /All,

I'm seeking assistance to get my WiFi and Ethernet working on my Hackintosh setup. Here are the details of my configuration:

Configuration:
  • CPU: i9 14700k
  • iGPU: Intel HD770
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master X Z790
  • RAM: 96GB
  • NVMe: Kingston 1TB

ACPI:
  • DMAR.aml
  • SSDT-EC.aml
  • SSDT-HPET.aml
  • SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml
  • SSDT-RHUB-Reset.aml
  • SSDT-RTCAWAC.aml
  • SSDT-USBX.aml

Kexts:
  • AirportItlwm.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtionFirmware.kext
  • BlueToolFixup.kext
  • CPUFriend.kext
  • CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
  • CpuTopologyRebuild.kext
  • IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
  • IntelBTPatcher.kext
  • IOSkywalkFamily.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • NVMeFix.kext
  • RestrictEvents.kext
  • SMCProcessor.kext
  • SMCSuperIO.kext
  • USBMap.kext
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext

Attempts to Fix WiFi and Ethernet:
1. Applied Aquantia-macOS-Patches and set Kernel->Quirks->ForceAquantiaEthernet to TRUE.
2. Followed guidance from this MacRumors thread.
3. Added WiFi, Ethernet, and Audio device properties from Hackintool.
4. Mapped my USB ports.

The machine boots fine with the current setup. However, when I add AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtionFirmware.kext, it gets stuck at AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]. I've tried troubleshooting this using Dortania's guide without success.

I've attached my config files, device details and logs too for reference. Any help to resolve the WiFi and Ethernet issues would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your support!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.3 MB · Views: 4
  • Device_dtl_Hackintool.png
    Device_dtl_Hackintool.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Sonama14.4.png
    Sonama14.4.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Usbports.png
    Usbports.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 3
  • opencore-2024-06-21-112431_Notworking.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
  • opencore-2024-06-21-111327_Working.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
  • Notworking_config.plist
    38.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Working_config.plist
    37.7 KB · Views: 5
Solution
@Danish297 / @tuort

Found an oversight on my part. Please try this:
  1. Discard the two V2 versions of the SSDT that were provided earlier today -- they are incorrect
  2. Use either of the two previous SSDTs (SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01-34C0.aml or SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01-93C0.aml)
  3. Add the attached SSDT-DTPG.aml and enable it in config.plist
  4. Reboot
  5. Post IOReg file once again

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi @Shaneee / @Edhawk /All,

I'm seeking assistance to get my WiFi and Ethernet working on my Hackintosh setup. Here are the details of my configuration:

Configuration:
  • CPU: i9 14700k
  • iGPU: Intel HD770
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master X Z790
  • RAM: 96GB
  • NVMe: Kingston 1TB

ACPI:
  • DMAR.aml
  • SSDT-EC.aml
  • SSDT-HPET.aml
  • SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml
  • SSDT-RHUB-Reset.aml
  • SSDT-RTCAWAC.aml
  • SSDT-USBX.aml

Kexts:
  • AirportItlwm.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtionFirmware.kext
  • BlueToolFixup.kext
  • CPUFriend.kext
  • CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
  • CpuTopologyRebuild.kext
  • IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
  • IntelBTPatcher.kext
  • IOSkywalkFamily.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • NVMeFix.kext
  • RestrictEvents.kext
  • SMCProcessor.kext
  • SMCSuperIO.kext
  • USBMap.kext
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext

Attempts to Fix WiFi and Ethernet:
1. Applied Aquantia-macOS-Patches and set Kernel->Quirks->ForceAquantiaEthernet to TRUE.
2. Followed guidance from this MacRumors thread.
3. Added WiFi, Ethernet, and Audio device properties from Hackintool.
4. Mapped my USB ports.

The machine boots fine with the current setup. However, when I add AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtionFirmware.kext, it gets stuck at AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]. I've tried troubleshooting this using Dortania's guide without success.

I've attached my config files, device details and logs too for reference. Any help to resolve the WiFi and Ethernet issues would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your support!
I don't think I can offer much assistance with your ethernet solution except to say @CaseySJ patches offer two possible paths, maybe you have already tried both options. I did not take the time to see which patches you have applied in your config.plist. I tagged Casey on this post, possibly he can assist.

As for Wifi Gigabytes states three possible Wifi/ Bluetooth can be included with the board, are you sure you got the intel variant? My bet is it is either Qualcom or MediaTek for which there is no solution. You can always try to change the onboard card to an intel version or disable it and add a Pcie based card of either the intel or Broadcom variety.

Wireless Communication module
Qualcomm® Wi-Fi 7 QCNCM865 (PCB rev. 1.0)
  • 802.11a, b, g, n, ac, ax, be, supporting 2.4/5/6 GHz carrier frequency bands
  • BLUETOOTH 5.3
  • Support for 11be 320MHz wireless standard

MediaTek Wi-Fi 7 MT7927, RZ738 (PCB rev. 1.1)
  • BLUETOOTH 5.3

Intel® Wi-Fi 7 BE200 (PCB rev. 1.2)
  • BLUETOOTH 5.3
(Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.)

Note:
Wi-Fi 7 features require Windows 11 SV3 to function properly. (There is no support driver for Windows 10)
Wi-Fi 7 channels on 6GHz band availability depends on individual country's regulations.

Danish297

AMD OS X Member
I don't think I can offer much assistance with your ethernet solution except to say @CaseySJ patches offer two possible paths, maybe you have already tried both options. I did not take the time to see which patches you have applied in your config.plist. I tagged Casey on this post, possibly he can assist.

As for Wifi Gigabytes states three possible Wifi/ Bluetooth can be included with the board, are you sure you got the intel variant? My bet is it is either Qualcom or MediaTek for which there is no solution. You can always try to change the onboard card to an intel version or disable it and add a Pcie based card of either the intel or Broadcom variety.

Wireless Communication module
Qualcomm® Wi-Fi 7 QCNCM865 (PCB rev. 1.0)
  • BLUETOOTH 5.3

MediaTek Wi-Fi 7 MT7927, RZ738 (PCB rev. 1.1)
  • BLUETOOTH 5.3

Intel® Wi-Fi 7 BE200 (PCB rev. 1.2)
  • BLUETOOTH 5.3
(Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.)

Note:
Wi-Fi 7 features require Windows 11 SV3 to function properly. (There is no support driver for Windows 10)
Wi-Fi 7 channels on 6GHz band availability depends on individual country's regulations.
Thanks for taking a look at my issue.

Yes, I have checked both options mentioned in @CaseySJ patches, but unfortunately, none of them worked for me (or might be I'm missing anything ?).
You are correct that my Gigabyte motherboard has three variants of WiFi/Bluetooth, and I've attached an image showing the details.

I can also confirm that both Ethernet and WiFi are working fine under Windows 11 (23H2_x64v2).

Attachments

• Audio_Realtec.png
    Audio_Realtec.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 9
  • ethernet_wifi_bt.png
    ethernet_wifi_bt.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 5
  • GB_MB.png
    GB_MB.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 3

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks for taking a look at my issue.

Yes, I have checked both options mentioned in @CaseySJ patches, but unfortunately, none of them worked for me (or might be I'm missing anything ?).
You are correct that my Gigabyte motherboard has three variants of WiFi/Bluetooth, and I've attached an image showing the details.

I can also confirm that both Ethernet and WiFi are working fine under Windows 11 (23H2_x64v2).
Your screen shot of the network devices in Windows shows the WiFi adapter is made by Qualcomm and as far as I know there is no solution to enable it in macOS. You can try replacing the onboard card which requires removal of the motherboard from the case and then removal of the I/O heat shield ( if applicable).

The easier route, if you have an available Pcie slot, purchase a compatible WiFi/Bluetooth Pcie card and remap your usb ports to allow Bluetooth to work.

If you are unable to get your Ethernet working, which I would expect is possible, you could go with a USB Ethernet dongle.

Last edited:

Danish297

AMD OS X Member
Your screen shot of the network devices in Windows shows the WiFi adapter is made by Qualcomm and as far as I know there is no solution to enable it in macOS. You can try replacing the onboard card which requires removal of the motherboard from the case and then removal of the I/O heat shield ( if applicable).

The easier route, is if you have an available Pcie slot, purchase a compatible WiFi/Bluetooth Pcie card and remap your usb ports to allow Bluetooth to work.

If you are unable to get your Ethernet working, which I would expect is possible, you could go with a USB Ethernet dongle.
@leesurone : I've seen many posts about Qualcomm WiFi and Aquantia Ethernet cards working fine with macOS Sonoma using paid services.
We have many experts here @Shaneee , @Edhawk , @CaseySJ , and I'm confident someone can help point me in the right direction to fix this issue.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@leesurone : I've seen many posts about Qualcomm WiFi and Aquantia Ethernet cards working fine with macOS Sonoma using paid services.
We have many experts here @Shaneee , @Edhawk , @CaseySJ , and I'm confident someone can help point me in the right direction to fix this issue.
As I mentioned, but you seem to have misunderstood, I believe it is possible to get Ethernet working on your system.

However your Qualcomm WiFi chip is unsupported. If you find a post here where someone succeeded using it or any WiFi 7 iteration please share.

Over at Tonymacx86, where the focus is intel hackintoshing on boards like yours, there are no success stories.

I wish you luck

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Paid services? If someone has written a kext and are charging for it then, 1: No one else has heard of it. 2: It's wrong to charge for something that I can guarantee is built using Linux open source drivers.

LAN will most likely work yes but the Qualcomm WiFi will need swapped out.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hello @Danish297,

Some comments and suggestions:
  • Your 10GbE Aquantia device ID is 0x14C0, which is not natively supported in macOS:
Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 4.39.03 PM.png
  • It is also not supported by AppleEthernetAbuantiaAqtion.kext as we can see:
Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 4.42.41 PM.png
  • It is therefore necessary to try the attached SSDT, which has been modified for your motherboard (Aquantia on RP01)
  • IMPORTANT:
    • Disable the Aquantia kernel patches as shown here:
Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 4.45.07 PM.png
  • Also disable the two AppleEthernetAbuntia... kexts in order to use Apple's native Aquantia kexts
  • If the native kexts do not work with the attached SSDT, then re-enable the Abuntia kexts and try again

Attachments

• SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 4

Danish297

AMD OS X Member
Hello @Danish297,

• Your 10GbE Aquantia device ID is 0x14C0, which is not natively supported in macOS:
View attachment 14351
View attachment 14353
  • It is therefore necessary to try the attached SSDT, which has been modified for your motherboard (Aquantia on RP01)
  • IMPORTANT:
View attachment 14356
  • Also disable the two AppleEthernetAbuntia... kexts in order to use Apple's native Aquantia kexts
  • If the native kexts do not work with the attached SSDT, then re-enable the Abuntia kexts and try again
Hi @CaseySJ

Thank you for taking the time to look into my issue and for sharing the SSDT.

I tried using the provided SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01.aml and turned off the kernel patch as mentioned. However, none of the following options worked:

1. Disabled both AppleEthernetAquantia kexts.
2. Enabled both AppleEthernetAquantia kexts (system gets stuck at AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]).
3. Enabled only the Aquantia firmware kext.
4. Disabled only the Aquantia firmware kext.

NOTE: Whenever I use AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion.kext and enable it, my system gets stuck at AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START].

Please check the attached new EFI. Did I miss anything?

Attachments

• New_EFI.zip
    32.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

tuort

AMD OS X Member
I am in the same situation as you and can"t figure out why. I must have tried at least 100 times but thankfully I discovered this forum which gives me some encouragement

tuort

AMD OS X Member
Hello @Danish297,

View attachment 14351
View attachment 14353
  • IMPORTANT:
View attachment 14356
does this inject the correct device id

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@Danish297

The SSDT in the previous post changes the Aquantia device ID to 0x94C0.

It’s quite possible that your device (0x14C0) is not compatible with device 0x94C0.

As you can see in the screenshot, macOS also supports device IDs: 0x93C0 and 0x34C0. So we can modify the SSDT to try each of these IDs.

The Aquantia kexts should remain disabled. We should not inject them.

Danish297

AMD OS X Member
@Danish297

The SSDT in the previous post changes the Aquantia device ID to 0x94C0.

It’s quite possible that your device (0x14C0) is not compatible with device 0x94C0.

As you can see in the screenshot, macOS also supports device IDs: 0x93C0 and 0x34C0. So we can modify the SSDT to try each of these IDs.

The Aquantia kexts should remain disabled. We should not inject them.
Hi @CaseySJ , I really appreciate your help.
Could you please guide me on how to modify the SSDT you shared for different device IDs using MaciASL or any other tools?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hi @CaseySJ , I really appreciate your help.
Could you please guide me on how to modify the SSDT you shared for different device IDs using MaciASL or any other tools?
Sure -- I've made the changes for you. There are two SSDTs attached here:
  1. SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01-34C0.aml
  2. SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01-93C0.aml
The first one sets device ID to 0x34C0 and the other sets it to 0x93C0.

Please disable SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01.aml and then try each of the new ones, one by one.

After installing each new SSDT and rebooting, please run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file by selecting File -> Save As.... For your convenience, IORegistryExplorer is attached as well.

Attachments

• SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01-34C0.aml.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01-93C0.aml.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IORegistryExplorer.zip
    227.7 KB · Views: 3

tuort

AMD OS X Member
Sure -- I've made the changes for you. There are two SSDTs attached here:
  1. SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01-34C0.aml
  2. SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01-93C0.aml
The first one sets device ID to 0x34C0 and the other sets it to 0x93C0.

Please disable SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01.aml and then try each of the new ones, one by one.

After installing each new SSDT and rebooting, please run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file by selecting File -> Save As.... For your convenience, IORegistryExplorer is attached as well.
Hello CaseySJ, could I apply these changes since I have the same motherboard?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hello CaseySJ, could I apply these changes since I have the same motherboard?
Sure. Please post IORegistryExplorer file after each attempt so we can look under the hood to see what’s happening.

tuort

AMD OS X Member
It was a no go for me, I obviously am missing something. Here are my files along with my config.plist

Attachments

• 93C0.txt
    27.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 34C0.txt
    23.5 MB · Views: 2

Danish297

AMD OS X Member
Hi @CaseySJ Please take a look at the attached IORegistryExplorer files you requested.

Attachments

• Aqc_113_34c0.ioreg.zip
    846.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Aqc_113_93c0.ioreg.zip
    842.3 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.