Wacom Mobile Studio Pro

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
. .315310102_3262162207364346_4485939216314870142_n.jpg.

If you are a new comer to hackintoshing, there are some things you need to get familiar, but the hardest part is already done and provided here which is the "EFI".

1. You need to learn to make a bootable drive.
2. You will need to make a sizable partition on the hard drive for the installation. Personally I'd prefer to use the full drive
3. You will need the folder called " EFI" located inside the Mobile studio pro folder. The EFI folder is needed for booting the USB when attempting to get to the installation. is all working
4. Once mac OS is installed, you will need to download the heliport app and that will enable the Wfi card.
5. The Audio works via external speakers and bluetooth. Im sure the internal speakers can work, but i have to fiddle with it

This is mainly a thread for those that own the Mobile Wacom computer tablets. So far nobody have managed to have a proper Hackintosh of these machines. Took a bit to get it working but is all up and running close to full functionality.

Note: The tablet functions all work as if it were native. The side controller buttons and full finger touch. However, the EFI here has been tested on Gen 1 Mobile Studio Pro 16

Note: In order to gain all Wacom Cintiq functions you need to download the Wacom drivers from Wacom and enable the permissions at the security Settings within Mac OS and you will be set

Specs wise, the MBSP 2016 internals are the same as the 2016 Apple Macbook Pro 13 inch.

What works so far:

Bluetooth

Wacom features fully work Pen, side buttons, finger touch

Wifi - Via Heliport

Currently working the following OS, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur.

I have not tried Monterey or Ventura.

*Below are some snap shots of the Bios settings

2D0676D2-4900-4E9E-95C1-1D3A8274AF62.jpg

3CF556D2-4B62-4DDF-B5E0-FFEFCE01ABEC.jpg

80304D1E-9CB4-4FA8-BB99-A76F0BD2FED0.jpg

A5E628E2-708B-4137-8D69-2321E84511D3.jpg

Below are the Options: Most of the changes will be set under "Setuo Utility"

IMG_1171.jpg

Attachments

• F0C98AD1-C001-41FF-94FE-3FB1E4310391.jpg
    F0C98AD1-C001-41FF-94FE-3FB1E4310391.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 21
  • Mobile Studio Pro EFI.rar
    39.2 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I will Upload the EFI shortly, the file is too big apparently

Here is the EFI. Feel free to make changes as you see fit

Attachments

• Mobile Studio Pro EFI.rar
    39.2 MB · Views: 24

hellojello

AMD OS X Member
Success with dual booting Windows 10 & macOS Big Sur on a gen 1 mobile studio pro 13. Everything for the most part works. Thanks for the file and guidance!IMG_2070.jpegIMG_2071.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2070.jpeg
    IMG_2070.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12

hellojello

AMD OS X Member
Nice, what is not working yet?

How is the wacom features working so far? I dont get any performance lag despite being an oldish hardware
I am currently trying to get the device to boot to macOS without the usb but other than that everything works quite well. I haven't really tested much but so far all the core features are working - touch gestures, the pen as a mouse, and the wifi.

Oh I am wondering though, I immediately got a notification to update the software. Should I ignore that?

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I am currently trying to get the device to boot to macOS without the usb but other than that everything works quite well. I haven't really tested much but so far all the core features are working - touch gestures, the pen as a mouse, and the wifi.

Oh I am wondering though, I immediately got a notification to update the software. Should I ignore that?
Did you use "Hackintool" to and paste the EFI in the root of the booting partition?

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Ignore the update. I have not updated the EFI for Monterey or Ventura. I have been lazy. I may update eventually. I haven't found a reason to though. I have Mojave and Big Sure on mine but Im mainly using Mojave because of the 32bit apps

hellojello

AMD OS X Member

Did you use "Hackintool" to and paste the EFI in the root of the booting partition?
No, I got this mountEFI script that did the heavy lifting- https://github.com/corpnewt/MountEFI.

hellojello

AMD OS X Member
I couldn't find the right guide for me to use Hackintool so the furthest I've gotten was messing with the Macintosh System's EFI folder. I kind of just want to replace the EFI folder in SYSTEM with your EFI folder that's on the desktop, but I'm afraid of ruining what I have done so far 😅. What do you think? Is this what you mean by pasting your EFI folder into the root of the booting partition?Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 11.11.22 PM.png

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I couldn't find the right guide for me to use Hackintool so the furthest I've gotten was messing with the Macintosh System's EFI folder. I kind of just want to replace the EFI folder in SYSTEM with your EFI folder that's on the desktop, but I'm afraid of ruining what I have done so far 😅. What do you think? Is this what you mean by pasting your EFI folder into the root of the booting partition?View attachment 10321
When you open Open Hackintool, You need to go to the "Disk" tab. Press the tiny arrows on the corresponding system drive. it will prompt you to insert your password. That will show on the desktop the EFI drive. Open it and replace the one inside with the Open Core one. That should be it

Screen Shot 2023-04-07 at 3.40.51 AM.png

Last edited:

hellojello

AMD OS X Member
When you open Open Hackintool, You need to go to the "Disk" tab. Press the tiny arrows on the corresponding system drive. it will prompt you to insert your password. That will show on the desktop the EFI drive. Open it and replace the one inside with the Open Core one. That should be it

View attachment 10323
Sooooo ummm I did that and ended up losing the window's partition of my computer. It's still there on the computer but now I can't boot to it 😅🫠 I'm so lost. I ended up putting the EFI folder back in it's place

Well two minutes later I got opencore to show up with the usb but when I ejected it all I got was windows and no more opencore🫠 Back to square one and to the drawing boards

Last edited:

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Sooooo ummm I did that and ended up losing the window's partition of my computer. It's still there on the computer but now I can't boot to it 😅🫠 I'm so lost. I ended up putting the EFI folder back in it's place

Well two minutes later I got opencore to show up with the usb but when I ejected it all I got was windows and no more opencore🫠 Back to square one and to the drawing boards
To show the windows partition, it needs the "Microsoft" folder inside the EFI folder that you install. This way it will read the Windows partition.

Screen Shot 2023-04-07 at 7.22.48 PM.png

hellojello

AMD OS X Member
To show the windows partition, it needs the "Microsoft" folder inside the EFI folder that you install. This way it will read the Windows partition.

View attachment 10327
I tried what you suggested but windows wasn't being recognized and I still needed the usb to boot to macOS.

Edit: I got opencore to appear with the usb still plugged in but when I booted to macos, the desktop wouldn't fully load and I had to do a hard reset

Edit: Upon further inspection I think I corrupted the usb bootable so I'm going to start from the beginning 😅

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 3.07.36 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 3.07.36 PM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I tried what you suggested but windows wasn't being recognized and I still needed the usb to boot to macOS.

Edit: I got opencore to appear with the usb still plugged in but when I booted to macos, the desktop wouldn't fully load and I had to do a hard reset

Edit: Upon further inspection I think I corrupted the usb bootable so I'm going to start from the beginning 😅
You have only one drive I forgot. That is a bit more complicated. You will need to go to windows to solve it. But Im busy at the moment. You can revert the EFI you swapped in the meantime since you use Windows more. I got rid of Windows in mine and mainly use it as a mac .

Last edited:

hellojello

AMD OS X Member
Hey do you have any more ideas on what else I could try out? I have been working on and off on this and well my last idea to try out is just use the opencore legacy patcher directly on the macOS partition of my wacom. After that I got nothing 😅

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hey do you have any more ideas on what else I could try out? I have been working on and off on this and well my last idea to try out is just use the opencore legacy patcher directly on the macOS partition of my wacom. After that I got nothing 😅
Basically on Windows you need to assign the Mac Bootloader to show. The problem is that often it can get broken and will need to repeat the process. I am finishing a Valorant project and I will have a little time to look into it

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.