Versatile and functional EFI for B650 AM5 motherboard (MSI, ASUS, NZXT), and it may work with X670

jan001232

AMD OS X Member

Last edited:

KenSysOp

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the very valuable information.
I was allowed to use EFI without any changes.
Thanks to you, I was able to install Sonoma on my Ryzentosh.
I am sure that it has been installed, but I am having trouble with the screen being black and nothing being displayed.
If you could give me any help, it would be much appreciated...

CPU: Ryzen9 7950x3d
Motherboard: asrock b650e pg-itx wifi

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Don’t forget that AMD Navi cards need the agdpmod=pikera boot argument in the config.plist, to prevent the Black Screen issue.

KenSysOp

AMD OS X Member
Hello.
After that, I tried several times to start up the system, but this time, all I got was a reboot.
I do not know what is happening.
I am attaching a file.
LucyRTL8125Ethernet.zip as it is.
AppleIntelI210Ethernet.zip is the log when I replaced the kext file.

Attachments

• AppleIntelI210Ethernet.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 1
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Can you explain a little about AMD "Navi"? Or post a link, please.
AMD Navi 10 and Navi 21/22 & 23 cards are the AMD 5000-Series and AMD 6000-Series discrete GPUs respectively.

The supported cards from these two series require the 'agdpmod=pikera' boot argument to prevent them leaving the user staring at a Black Screen, when they should be arriving on the Login screen, when using WhateverGreen.kext.

WhateverGreen.kext only supports Navi 10, Navi 21 & 23 cards.

Using NootRX.kext with a Navi 21/22 or 23 card doesn't require this boot argument.

See this Dortania GPU Buyers Guide (AMD section) for details. It assumes you are using WhateverGreen.kext.

# AMD GPU - NAVI cards

Last edited:

KenSysOp

AMD OS X Member
Thank you kindly.
I will try it as soon as I get home from work.
I will report back. Thank you very much.

It would be better to recreate your installation USB key "" sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sonoma.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume "" with real Mac. Please connect your keyboard, mouse and all your USB key to USB 2 if possible. Unplug the internet cable if possible. Unplug all other devices not necessary for starting.

Your OpenCore Log contains the following errors:

00:000 00:000 AAPL: #[EB.H.IS|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-signature 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
00:067 00:067 AAPL: #[EB.H.IS|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-image-key 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

00:437 00:102 AAPL: #[EB.CFG.DEV|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV booter-strict-xmlparser 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

01:276 00:057 AAPL: #[EB|CFG:ARG] force-error 0x0000000000000000 (0x0000000000000000 & 0x0000000000000000) default

02:193 00:058 AAPL: #[EB.H.LV|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-signature 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

02:353 00:057 AAPL: #[EB.H.LV|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-image-key 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

02:466 00:056 AAPL: #[EB.H.LV|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-image 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
02:522 00:056 AAPL: #[EB.H.LV|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.SV- boot-signature 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
02:610 00:087 AAPL: #[EB.H.LV|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.SV- boot-image-key 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
02:669 00:059 AAPL: #[EB.H.LV|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.SV- boot-image 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

03:213 00:086 AAPL: #[EB.LD.OFS|OPEN!] Err(0xE) <"\\F702F2D9-DBD8-3807-BF8D-5376D26EB951\\System\\Library\\CoreServices\\com.apple.Boot.plist">
03:272 00:059 AAPL: #[EB.OPT.LXF|LF!] Err(0xE)

04:313 00:056 AAPL: #[EB.OPT.RKS|!] Err(0xE) <- BS.LocP EDB4A040-6D8A-11EC-8FAD-3E22FB93ADCF

04:515 00:057 AAPL: #[EB.CS.CSKSD|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-info-payload 8D63D4FE-BD3C-4AAD-881D-86FD974BC1DF

04:855 00:056 AAPL: #[EB.FS.AGSVH|!] Err(0xE) <- BS.LocHB 59D76AE4-37E3-55A7-B460-EF13D46E6020

05:187 00:058 AAPL: #[EB.WL.PWLFNV|!] Err(0xE) <- RT.GV wake-failure 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
05:245 00:058 AAPL: #[EB.WL.DT|!] Err(0xE) <- EB.WL.PWLFNV

05:464 00:057 AAPL: #[EB.LD.OFS|OPEN!] Err(0xE) <"boot\\System\\Library\\KernelCollections\\BootKernelExtensions.kc.development">

Replace your EFI with EFI the here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/18js8931VdCSG8UYE6yEaa-gMR5W1zHOq/view?usp=sharing
I have adapted efi according to the errors here : View attachment 13690 https://drive.google.com/file/d/18js8931VdCSG8UYE6yEaa-gMR5W1zHOq/view?usp=sharing

If that doesn't work, please post your OpenCore log in ATTACH FILES

And if your problem is resolved, please specify where the problem was. I would appreciate.
:) With screen printing it would be even better :)

Message for ADMIN. Please, want to increase the upload limit in your .htaccess file or directly in your server configuration to allow sending files larger than 70 MB. It is impossible to send EFI 65 MB for me.

KenSysOp

AMD OS X Member
Excuse me. I was wrong, the EFI file settings were for on 8 core. It's corrected.
Please download efi file for 16 core on the same link in the last message or here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bx5NRGThfQjDRjEweWmLgnBAhqMDZZYh/view?usp=sharing

I came back from work.
I removed the code not related to the installation and did a new install.
How wonderful. It is working well.
The Bios settings on the motherboard (Asrock b650e pg-itx wifi) are the defaults and nothing has been tampered with.
I will now check the wifi, bluetooth, etc.

Anyway, it's great. My sincere thanks to you.

KenSysOp

AMD OS X Member
I came back from work.
I removed the code not related to the installation and did a new install.
How wonderful. It is working well.
The Bios settings on the motherboard (Asrock b650e pg-itx wifi) are the defaults and nothing has been tampered with.
I will now check the wifi, bluetooth, etc.

Anyway, it's great. My sincere thanks to you.

After that, both Wifi and BT are working fine, but cannot come back after sleep. There is a phenomenon of rebooting.
The file is a record of the reboot. Glad if it could be of help to you.

Attachments

• Sleep.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 3
  • スクリーンショット_2024_04_04_19_55.png
    スクリーンショット_2024_04_04_19_55.png
    70 KB · Views: 14

KenSysOp

AMD OS X Member
If everything works well (sound, network, bluetooth, wifi, graphics card) and you only have the standby problem. You are in possession of a new valid configuration for hackintosh (ryzentosh).

All my congratulations !

All that remains is to clean kext which you don't need and install the EFI file on the hard drive.

Can you download Novabench here: "" https://novabench.com/download '"" make a printscreen with test and post it here plis ?

For your standby problem. I'll respond tomorrow, but it's a minor problem and I'm sure we'll be able to resolve it.

I downloaded "Novabench" and looked at the scores.
What do you think?

"All that remains is to clean kext which you don't need and install the EFI file on the hard drive."
I am afraid that I might delete a necessary Kext file.
I think I will use the environment as it is for a while.

If you find out anything about the sleep issue, please let me know.
Thank you very much.
From Japan, great!

Attachments

• Novabench.zip
    271.8 KB · Views: 6

KenSysOp

AMD OS X Member
Hey, I tried to use it for a while, but I experienced the phenomenon of Bluetooth connecting and disconnecting.
I wonder if it has something to do with the phenomenon of not being able to recover from sleep and rebooting?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you mapped your USB ports?

Having a misconfigured or not having a custom USB ports configuration (kext) at all, is a common cause for Sleep/Wake/Reboot and Bluetooth issues in macOS.

See this link for USB mapping in macOS.

Follow the manual pathway in the guide.

KenSysOp

AMD OS X Member
Have you mapped your USB ports?

Having a misconfigured or not having a custom USB ports configuration (kext) at all, is a common cause for Sleep/Wake/Reboot and Bluetooth issues in macOS.

See this link for USB mapping in macOS.

Follow the manual pathway in the guide.

Thanks for the advice.
I tried several times to map it as I read it, but it wasn't clear to me.
I have used a utility called "Hackintool" to do the mapping before.
However, I heard a rumor that "Hackintool" is not effective on Ryzen.
If there is a site that can help me understand, please let me know.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

KenSysOp

AMD OS X Member
Try putting the DSDT files here as an attachment in the ACPI EFI\OC\ACPI folder with OCAuxiliaryTools opened in advance, so that it is taken into account.

View attachment 13742

Thank you for accommodating me in spite of your busy work schedule. I appreciate it.
I installed "DSDT.aml" as you suggested, and Bluetooth seems to be less difficult to connect than before.
However, it still reboots suddenly.

I still think that I will have to build a USBmap to fix this phenomenon.
I will try to learn more about it over the holidays.
Thank you so much!

KenSysOp

AMD OS X Member
For USBmap

Just watch the video I posted here above. Seen with even no need to understand the language. There is a maximum of 30 minutes if everything goes well. And you can build it under Windows. here -> : USBmap video Youtube

For a computer to restart on its own it can have several reactions.

What is your maximum CPU and GPU temperature setting in bios ?
Did you not put too much thermal paste on the processor ?
Look in device manager under Windows to see if there is a faulty device.
Do you have a hypersensitive mouse or keyboard key ?
Under Windows download CoreTemps
here ->: https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
Under Windows download CPU-Z here ->: https://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/cpu-z_2.09-en.exe
And started both, trigger CPU stres(benchmark) with CPU-Z and monitor temperature with CoreTemps to see any possible anomaly.

1: Your computer has a virus (I don't think so).

2: Update set to an automatic restart. (configure update to manual)

3: The most likely possibility is a hardware failure or poor GPU or CPU temperature indicator. If your Mac doesn't understand how to handle a certain device and it receives the wrong data that it doesn't understand to prevent any damage to it the hardware has no other option than to stop your machine. The same thing happens in the case if macOS cannot know the temperature of certain materials then it stops the machine to prevent any possible damage. In this case it records any errors in a dedicated log. What is strange is that it restarts normally it should shut down the machine. I suggest you first download and install Stats software to see if you can view the temperature of your CPU, GPU, hard drive and RAM.
here ->: https://download.macupdate.com/app/mac/62638/stats/download

4: You said in the dialog above that you left the bios configuration as default. I don't think this is a good solution. I can understand that you don't want to touch bios too much but you can very well save your current configuration profile and create another dedicated profile for your hakintosh configuration. And it is always possible to return to default configuration. For example if bios is configured to not allow the system to manage fan speed, his can create a hardware conflict between bios and operating system.

5: It is possible that it is your bios which triggers at restart. That would be more logical because bios when it reports a problem it restarts. One more reason for properly configure your bios.

For the sleep problem.

macOS Sonoma sleep here -> : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=macOS+sonoma+sleep+shutdown

The question is, during sleep macOS not detect mouse movement or key presses keyboard to wake up. It would be wise to disable the selective USB door suspend in the bios.
Is your keyboard configured correctly ? here ->: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Use+a+Windows+keyboard+with+a+Mac
Try using another keyboard. We never know.

「Look in device manager under Windows to see if there is a faulty device.」

I have an idea about this.
One USB driver is not recognized.
I didn't pay special attention to this, but (since it is working) perhaps this could be one of the reasons.

KenSysOp

AMD OS X Member
I forgot to tell you that after each EFI file replacement, it is necessary to Resset NVRAM.
View attachment 13801

I modified your EFI a little, try it. In "ATTACH FILES" 🔽

Thank you again and again.
The EFI file you sent me is working well.

The only thing left is the USBmap. Oh, I need more time.
I am starting to understand how to make USBmap, though a little.

Attachments

• アーカイブ.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 2

KenSysOp

AMD OS X Member
Maybe it could help you more in your native language. ⇾: https://www.youtube.com/@user-ro1tw7ke5y
I didn't understand what he said, based on the image, it's the right explanation.
The difference is that it uses "clover" and you open-core. So, you must place your ""USBMap.kext"" in the ""EFI\OC\Kexts\"" folder and replace the old one if it has it.

And here.

Thank you for introducing me to this new video.
We are facing new challenges.
I am dual booting with windows and macOS, but when I select windows, I get the blue screen phenomenon.

It was not there before.

This is fine for my Ryzentosh enjoyment, but this is troubling me.

KenSysOp

AMD OS X Member
Can you take photos and provide a more detailed description, please... ?

Explain in detail.
1,Reset NVRAM just to be sure.
2,Load FEI.
3,Select Windows.
4,You will see a screen saying "There was a problem with the device, please reboot".Stop code: "ACPI_BIOS_ERROR"
5,The system will restart automatically.
6,Now select macOS.
7,The screen remains black.

After this, I reset NVRAM. Then, EFI is read and macOS starts.
However, if you select Windows, the "4" screen will appear, and so on.

Attachments

• ACPI_BIOS_ERROR.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 1

origgtv

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
I just downloaded the Sonoma 8 core EFI
It’s working. I have a question: is there any way to make the Mac run faster? And is there any way to use it without connecting the usb flash drive? From what I checked it’s using 8 MB of display memory. From what I checked it can use 128, how do I change it?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.