[UN-SOLVED] Broken Ethernet!

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Since a couple of updates ago, Ventura beta 7/8, Ethernet started acting flakey. Now it’s not working at all. I tried the connection on a different computer and it works fine.

F098A244-4644-4ED8-9F28-0663A2C7638C.jpeg

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which version of the RealtekRTL8111.kext are you using, v 2.4.2 is the latest.

Do you have any entries in the DeviceProperties section that would prevent the ethernet kext from being injected?

UEFI > Quirks > RealeaseUsbOwnership is set as false, yes?

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Which version of the RealtekRTL8111.kext are you using, v 2.4.2 is the latest.

Do you have any entries in the DeviceProperties section that would prevent the ethernet kext from being injected?

UEFI > Quirks > RealeaseUsbOwnership is set as false, yes?
Yes 2.4.2, notice it’s not showing up in the HackinDROM window, even though I downloaded again and replaced it!. I’ve seen it listed in HackinDROM before.
I haven’t touched my device properties, I will check later when I get home.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
No entries in my device properties and ReleaseUsbOwnership is false. I think Windows 11 broke it like it constantly breaks AMD Adrenalin, especially after the last update.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
My bad!. Changed the Ethernet cable and rerouted through the back of the G5, the old cable lost some protection.

IMG_3070.jpegIMG_3063.jpeg

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Not sure if it's an issue with the A320I-K, but this morning, I get a message from BIOS suggesting the PCI Vendor names do not match, then continues to boot. Opening Hackintool > System > Peripherals doesn't show RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller, and Ethernet doesn't work. This happens randomly and don't know if this an issue with the board or can be fixed with a Kext.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Can you post a copy of the message from the Bios regarding the Ethernet device.

Normally you would need to Plug in a FAT32 formatted USB and use the F12 key while in the bios to take a screen shot.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Can you post a copy of the message from the Bios regarding the Ethernet device.

Normally you would need to Plug in a FAT32 formatted USB and use the F12 key while in the bios to take a screen shot.
The exact message is, 'PXE-E01: PCI Vendor and Device IDs do not match' , It doesn't show on every boot, so it's difficult to get a screen shot of.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Check you don’t have PXE Boot ROM enabled in your system bios. You shouldn’t need to use it on a Hack, so disabling the option in the bios won’t hurt.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Check you don’t have PXE Boot ROM enabled in your system bios. You shouldn’t need to use it on a Hack, so disabling the option in the bios won’t hurt.
The only mention of PXE in my BIOS is the option shown below, and it's disabled already!. Also is it better to use Firmware TPM or Discrete TPM?.

pxe.jpg

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
That was the Bios option I was thinking could be causing the PXE error. The Bios can sometimes re-enable this setting, but obviously it is not in this case.

Not sure it makes much difference which TPM you use. Not until you try to swap a drive from its current system to a new one. Where the TPM settings are going to be different, no matter which version you used.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.