[Testing] Intel WiFi itlwm driver for Sonoma

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member
Hi all, and @CaseySJ

I think it's pretty easy for you gents, but I want to understand how I can activate this test kext driver in my EFI, to play around with in my test setup for Sonoma. Can you please check my EFI?

The driver to test with can be found here (or attached):

My current Sonoma test EFI is attached:

I think it would be great to keep using the Bluetooth of the Fenvi card, combined with the Intel WiFi.

Do I need to make changes to 'SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-FD-DEFINE-R6-USB2-ON-TB-V3-withFenviBluetooth.aml'?

Attachments

• AirportItlwm-Sonoma.kext.zip
    14.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 5-7-2023 Z390 OC094-DEV Sonoma V00 itlwm NoSN.zip
    31.6 MB · Views: 40

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member
You may not have seen this post on TonyMac as it's in the Z490 Vision D thread...

...but it contains the solution to your problem:

View attachment 11254

I indeed didn't see that one. Thanks @CaseySJ ! That was it. The WiFi works pretty decent indeed. AirDrop etc. isn't working, but perhaps that will change with the further development of the kext.

I also booted with this efi (so with Airportitlwm-Sonoma enabled) in Ventura, and funny enough the WiFi is also working in Ventura. Or does Ventura switch to Fenvi WiFi even though the SSDT is disabled? If so, what does that SSDT do?

I guess CNVW is the name of the wifi-bt module on the mobo (I had no clue).

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 20.14.37.png

Last edited:

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member
AirportItlwm-Sonoma-Preview05 just came through on Github.

Caution:
This is only meant for Sonoma beta 5 (and possibly higher), and not for Sonoma beta 4 and lower. This is important because if you will use AirPortItlwm-P05 on Sonoma beta 4 or lower it will cause a kernel panic. This has something to do with Apple changing API interfaces within Sonoma starting with beta 5.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
AirportItlwm-Sonoma-Preview05 just came through on Github.

Caution:
This is only meant for Sonoma beta 5 (and possibly higher), and not for Sonoma beta 4 and lower. This is important because if you will use AirPortItlwm-P05 on Sonoma beta 4 or lower it will cause a kernel panic. This has something to do with Apple changing API interfaces within Sonoma starting with beta 5.
https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases/tag/v2.3.0-alpha.
I saw that, but i already have the ethernet and that is enough for me and above all no trouble

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Which is fine, but we're in the itlwm topic, so we're talking wireless here icw the airport kext. Version 2.3.0 alpha is also not for Sonoma.
Soory i clicked on the link in my topic, and found me here. but that's nice to see work on progresss for Sonoma

craighazan

Donator
Donator
@joostiphone I downloaded Preview02 of the Sonoma Kext as I'm on a earlier Public Beta of Sonoma. I just added the kext to my EFI, rebooted and I now have WiFI. Happy Days!.

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.05.13 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 9.42.02 AM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.