Success build

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Big Sur and Monterey require different kexts for your WiFi. There is a different kext for all the most recent macOS releases, going back to High Sierra for Airportitlwm.kext.

You will need to change your Nvidia graphics card for an AMD card if you upgrade from High Sierra, as HS was the last version of macOS to support the Nvidia Web drivers. Your GTX 1080 Ti will not work with full acceleration in Mojave or newer versions of macOS.

So you may want to think about changing your graphics card before you upgrade macOS.

maxhackintosh

AMD OS X Member
Big Sur and Monterey require different kexts for your WiFi. There is a different kext for all the most recent macOS releases, going back to High Sierra for Airportitlwm.kext.

You will need to change your Nvidia graphics card for an AMD card if you upgrade from High Sierra, as HS was the last version of macOS to support the Nvidia Web drivers. Your GTX 1080 Ti will not work with full acceleration in Mojave or newer versions of macOS.

So you may want to think about changing your graphics card before you upgrade macOS.
Thanks man!

maxhackintosh

AMD OS X Member
I back on high sierra and now i have error unsuported cpu and unsuported pch? What can be problem?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Check the UEFI > APFS > MinVersion and MinDate options are set correctly for High Sierra, i.e. both are not set to Zero (0) or (-1).

Table below shows the APFS > MinVersion and MinDate settings for HS, Mojave and Catalina.

Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 14.18.21.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Is that why is kernel panics?

It could be that is just part of the normal verbose text, what else does it show.

Post a photo of the kernel panic so I can see what is happening.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.