Stuck at using 16384 buffer headers

digitaladeel

AMD OS X Member
Hi! I'm trying to boot macOS Ventura on my Colorful B550m + R5 5600 + RX 6600 with opencore but it's getting stuck at using 16384 buffer headers
Was able to boot without any issue before updating bios for 5600 with 2400g
Tried with disabling SAM but in vain
and there's no option to disable/enable 4g decode in bios but it's enabled.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Did you create the 4 x DeviceProperties (from the pcidevices.plist exported from Hackintool) that are present in your config.plist, or did you inherit these from another user's setup?

If you inherited them, remove them and see what difference this makes to how your system boots.

If you created them, post a copy of the pcidevices.plist so we can see that the settings are correct for these four devices.

You have two issues when trying to install macOS Catalina on your system.
  1. Your Navi RX6600 dGPU is not supported in any version of macOS prior to Monterey 12.1.
  2. The UEFI > APFS > MinDate & MinVersion entries need to be changed to match the APFS settings for Catalina.
Honestly the first issue trumps the second, but here is a screenshot showing the relevant MinDate and MinVersion entries required when running Catalina.

Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 20.03.05.png MinDate & MinVersion entries set for Catalina.

digitaladeel

AMD OS X Member
Did you create the 4 x DeviceProperties (from the pcidevices.plist exported from Hackintool) that are present in your config.plist, or did you inherit these from another user's setup?

If you inherited them, remove them and see what difference this makes to how your system boots.

If you created them, post a copy of the pcidevices.plist so we can see that the settings are correct for these four devices.

You have two issues when trying to install macOS Catalina on your system.
  1. Your Navi RX6600 dGPU is not supported in any version of macOS prior to Monterey 12.1.
  2. The UEFI > APFS > MinDate & MinVersion entries need to be changed to match the APFS settings for Catalina.
Honestly the first issue trumps the second, but here is a screenshot showing the relevant MinDate and MinVersion entries required when running Catalina.

View attachment 10610 MinDate & MinVersion entries set for Catalina.
But Ventura 13.1 is installed on nvme and it's getting stuck at HID when I'm trying to boot it.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which type of mouse/keyboard combo are you using? USB, BT, wired or a mix of these?

I would recommend you remove any and all other drives from your system, leaving only the MacOS Ventura NVME drive connected.
Disconnect any and all USB devices, you should boot the system with just your display, ethernet, mouse and keyboard connected.
If a device can't easily removed, you may need to disable the device in the Bios.
The above will make life easier when troubleshooting this issue.

I repeat: Did you create the 4 x DeviceProperties entries that are present in your config.plist?

digitaladeel

AMD OS X Member
Which type of mouse/keyboard combo are you using? USB, BT, wired or a mix of these?

I would recommend you remove any and all other drives from your system, leaving only the MacOS Ventura NVME drive connected.
Disconnect any and all USB devices, you should boot the system with just your display, ethernet, mouse and keyboard connected.
If a device can't easily removed, you may need to disable the device in the Bios.
The above will make life easier when troubleshooting this issue.

I repeat: Did you create the 4 x DeviceProperties entries that are present in your config.plist?
Sorry for the late reply.
I tested everything you mentioned. I even pasted efi in fat32 8gb partition in nvme with only kb+mouse attached to the pc and still gets stuck at using 16384.
Tested with setting mac partition as default to boot after 5 seconds and unplugged every usb device from it and same goes for only having nvme plugged.

I'm also attaching EFI that I was using with my a320m+2400g setup and when I replaced mobo with b550 with 2400g before updating bios from 1005 to 1009/1010, I was able to ventura from nvme using same efi with addition of CPUR and disabling SetupVirtualMap.

But when I updated bios to latest version and replaced 2400g with 5600, since then wasn't able to boot it even once.

ATM, Installing Ventura 13.3 using .raw from Olarila via Qemu on my external 128gb SSD, in case if I need to use macOS to fix something.

Kexts folder was increasing zip size, so had to exclude it.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-05-10 03-13-59.png
    Screenshot from 2023-05-10 03-13-59.png
    340.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot from 2023-05-10 03-36-08.png
    Screenshot from 2023-05-10 03-36-08.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 2
  • a320.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot from 2023-05-10 03-42-54.png
    Screenshot from 2023-05-10 03-42-54.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 2

digitaladeel

AMD OS X Member
I can't verify EFI again with 2400g because I accidentally installed bios update for Pro version instead of Gaming Frozen even though both are same mobo with each having different pcb color but now can only update it to latest versions. So can't downgrade it to 1004 or 1005 to use 2400g.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.