Stuck at OCB: LoadImage failed - Unsupported - Please help.

rajayogan

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

I am currently trying to install monterey on my machine and I am stuck with this error:

OCB: LoadImage failed - Unsupported.

My Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600x (six cores)
AMD RX580
MSI B450 tomahawk

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached - my efi folder

Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try installing Big Sur, you may have better luck as some MSI boards don’t run Monterey.

rajayogan

AMD OS X Member
Try installing Big Sur, you may have better luck as some MSI boards don’t run Monterey.
Hi, Thanks for quick reply. I'm currently on Big Sur. When I try to upgrade from BigSur, I get stuck at [EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]
When, I try to do a fresh install, I get stuck on ocb: LoadImage failed, unsupported.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi, Thanks for quick reply. I'm currently on Big Sur. When I try to upgrade from BigSur, I get stuck at [EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]
When, I try to do a fresh install, I get stuck on ocb: LoadImage failed, unsupported.
Hi @rajayogan,

To upgrade to Monterey 12.3+ you will need to be on at least OC 0.7.6. On top of that are a number of changes that will need to be made to the EFI:

• disable XHCIPortLimit
  • add AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext (for 12.4 otherwise it won’t boot)
  • having correct device-id for your GPU
  • add -lilubetaall -no_compat_check -amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 to NVRAM boot-arg

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
There are a couple of issues that need to be sorted out in your OC configuration.

USB kext.
Your motherboard has the following USB ports.
  • 1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 (SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps) Type-C port on the back panel
  • 1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 (SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps) Type-A port on the back panel
  • 2 x USB 3.2 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) ports available through the internal USB 3.2 Gen1 connector
  • 6 x USB 2.0 (High-speed USB) ports (2 Type-A ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB 2.0 connectors)
  • 2 x USB 3.2 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) Type-A ports on the back panel
So you only have 2 x Physical USB2 ports on the back panel.
While your UTBMap.kext shows 6 x USB2 ports. This is wrong.
Your kext contains 4 x Internal ports on the XHC0 controller, which is the correct number for your system.
II assume that 4 of the 6 ports you have set as USB2 with the connector type (0) should have been set as USB3 with the connector type (3), to match the physical connector from the USB3 ports.

Screenshot 2022-09-05 at 16.12.20.png 6 x USB ports set as USB2, only 2 x ports should have this connector type.

SSDT & companion patches.
Your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder contains an SSDT-HPET.aml table. But your config.plist doesn't have the companion ACPI patches required for the SSDT to work.

Without the patches SSDT-HPET.aml does nothing.

Edits to config.
There were a few differences between your config.plist and the OC guide, which I have edited in the revised EFI attached below.
I have also removed a number of unnecessary placeholder entries from your config to make it easier to read and navigate.

Booting Monterey.
As you are using OC 0.8.3 Monterey should boot with your setup.
You do not need to add any more boot arguments as Monterey is not a beta offering and it should boot without the others suggested by Middleman.

Try this revised EFI folder on a spare USB pen drive, see if it allows you to boot Big Sur and then Monterey.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 5

rajayogan

AMD OS X Member
Hi @Edhawk ,

Thanks for the modified EFI folder. I was able to install Big Sur. However, when I try to update to Monterey, I get stuck at the attached screen.

[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]

Could you please let me know what I'm doing wrong here, so that I could successfully finish updating to Monterey. Thanks in advance.

(I'm really grateful for your help as I have been trying to get this installed for the past two days, and thanks again for the modified EFI folder).

Attachments

• IMG_20220906_021956.jpg
    IMG_20220906_021956.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 8

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi @Edhawk ,

Thanks for the modified EFI folder. I was able to install Big Sur. However, when I try to update to Monterey, I get stuck at the attached screen.

Could you please let me know what I'm doing wrong here, so that I could successfully finish updating to Monterey. Thanks in advance.

(I'm really grateful for your help as I have been trying to get this installed for the past two days, and thanks again for the modified EFI folder).
@rajayogan,

FYI I have taken the liberty to modify @Edhawk's EFI along with elements my existing Monterey Gigabyte B550 build over at Tonymac's found here >
My EFI build works perfectly under Monterey 12.3+ on my B550 Vision D system. However I have made changes in my EFI to accommodate your specs, namely:

Updated EFI to OC 0.8.3
AMD Ryzen 5-2600 (6-cores) (changed the Kernel > Patches to 06 cores)
Realtek ALC892 instead of ALC-1200
RX580 (added relevant settings to the device properties list under PCIRoot as well as NVRAM boot settings)
Disabled USBInjectAll, Intel LAN, Bluetooth & WiFi kexts (as they are not needed in your build)
I have placed @Edhawk's UTBMap offerings into this build, plus your SMBIOS details (so EFI is unique to you).

Give the new EFI a try. You may need to run the ResetNVRAM tool when it boots to the Opencore bootloader screen.
Run the tool first before rebooting your drive.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.7 MB · Views: 7

rajayogan

AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk, @Middleman - I get this error (with both the modified efi folders above)

Image attached.

(Fresh install, downloaded basesystem files, then tried both the efi folders one by one.)

I am thankful to you guys for helping me out with this. Could you please point out where I'm going wrong so that I could get this done. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_20220906_224823.jpg
    IMG_20220906_224823.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 7

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@Edhawk, @Middleman - I get this error (with both the modified efi folders above)

Image attached.

(Fresh install, downloaded basesystem files, then tried both the efi folders one by one.)

I am thankful to you guys for helping me out with this. Could you please point out where I'm going wrong so that I could get this done. Thanks again.
@rajayogan,

Try to run the ResetNVRAM tool when you boot. It's the tool shown on the far right of the boot menu as you boot into the EFI I gave you.
Once you've run that, the system will reboot. From there, select your main drive.

FYI ResetNVRAM is a procedure we do whenever we use a new EFI to boot, so that it clears any remnants of the previous EFI build which
may affect the boot loading process.

rajayogan

AMD OS X Member
@Middleman , @Edhawk - It still shows the same error. (I've tried resetting the NVRAM, downloaded the basesystem files once again, used both efi folders, resetting the nvram each time).

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@Middleman , @Edhawk - It still shows the same error. (I've tried resetting the NVRAM, downloaded the basesystem files once again, used both efi folders, resetting the nvram each time).

Hi @rajayogan,

Okay try this one. This one is a completely fresh EFI using OC 0.7.8. (with your SMBIOS settings added) and should work.

Please also make sure your BIOS settings are set to this:

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 8.41.48 AM.png

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.