Sonoma Broadcom network card problem

zrsstar

AMD OS X Member
Problem when preparing to drive Broadcom network card after upgrading Sonoma. After setting up the plist and restarting to prepare for patching, the keyboard and mouse cannot input after logging in to the interface. Has anyone encountered this?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Very common issue as Sonoma dropped support for the BCM4360 family of WiFi/BT cards.

You need to use the OpenCore Legacy Patcher Root Patches to get the Broadcom Wifi card working in Sonoma. Have a read of this Dortania Github page, check the Hackintosh specific guidance for Broadcom WiFi cards.

zrsstar

AMD OS X Member
Very common issue as Sonoma dropped support for the BCM4360 family of WiFi/BT cards.

You need to use the OpenCore Legacy Patcher Root Patches to get the Broadcom Wifi card working in Sonoma. Have a read of this Dortania Github page, check the Hackintosh specific guidance for Broadcom WiFi cards.
Yes, I was set up according to the tutorial, ready to restart the system after the installation of Patches, the results card in the login interface, keyboard and mouse can not enter. I don't know why. If you can get into the system, start running Patches

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Is this a Desktop or Laptop system?

Have you added the following entries to your config.plist, before applying the OCLP Broadcom Root Patches?
  • Misc > Security > SecureBootModel: Disabled
  • csr-active-config: 03080000
  • boot-arg: amfi=0x80
If that is the case, then it sounds like you have an issue with your USB ports after applying the OCLP Root Patches.

Did you apply any OCLP patches other than the Broadcom WiFi patches?

Graystarr

AMD OS X Member
ok I am getting this error when I try the OCLP for broadcom

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 4.27.05 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 4.27.05 PM.png
    962.5 KB · Views: 30

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
There are a few new kexts required for the Broadcom Root Patches to work, have you added them to your /EIFI/OC/Kexts folder and are they in the correct order in your config.plist?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.