sometimes the network disconnect after upgraded to Ventura

hzxyb

AMD OS X Member
hello everybody, after upgrade to Ventura, everything working well, but sometimes the network disconnected suddenly. I try to unplug the cable and replug it, but still can't work normally, I have to restart computer.

the attachment is my EFI , all file upgrade to latest.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.9 MB · Views: 3

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which Ethernet controller are you using?
Which AMD system are you using?

hzxyb

AMD OS X Member
Which Ethernet controller are you using?
Which AMD system are you using?

hi @Edhawk My Hard Device as bellow:
Motherboard: ROG STRIX X570-E gaming
CPU:AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
GPU: AMD RX 5500XT
Memory: Kingston 16*2 DDR4
SSD: WD SN850X 1TB

the network card information as bellow:
1. Realtek® RTL8125-CG 2.5G LAN
2. Intel® I211-AT, 1 x GB

kext:
SmallTreeIntel82576.kext(1.3.0) and LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext(1.1.0)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I think the work around for the Intel Ethernet is to use AppleIGB.kext, latest beta release. See the attached kext.

I don't use a 2.5GB Ethernet controller, so can't say what you need to do for that port to start working. Using the two kexts you listed above was one 'fix' that I read, but that obviously isn't working for you.

Attachments

• AppleIGB.kext.zip
    130.7 KB · Views: 10

alyxferrari

Guru
Guru
Yeah, AppleIGB is correct for I211. There are multiple versions (at least 3 at this point) of AppleIGB, so maybe link to one specifically or say which one you're attaching.
There's Shaneee's, donatengit's fork, and about two days ago someone made a new one that supposedly solves all of the issues with Shaneee's and donatengit's.

hzxyb

AMD OS X Member
I think the work around for the Intel Ethernet is to use AppleIGB.kext, latest beta release. See the attached kext.

I don't use a 2.5GB Ethernet controller, so can't say what you need to do for that port to start working. Using the two kexts you listed above was one 'fix' that I read, but that obviously isn't working for you.
@Edhawk thanks for you help! I'll test this file for a while to verify wether can fix the problem.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The kext attached to post #2 is donatengit's fork of AppleIGB.kext, version 5.3.5.3

craighazan

Donator
Donator
The kext attached to post #2 is donatengit's fork of AppleIGB.kext, version 5.3.5.3

My Ethernet is working much better now, I'm using this patch with IntelMausi.kext downloading Ventura13.1 Beta 2 and it hasn't broken.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.