[Solved]Gigabyte B550i + 5800X stuck when upgrading 12.3.1

evenlee

AMD OS X Member
Hi Guys, my build works fine with 12.2.1, but when upgrading to 13.3.1, it cannot work, log stops on:

KextLog:Collection UUID matches with loaded KCs.

I've added AppleMCEReporterDisabler from 12.0, and also updated all the kext to latest, still no clues on it, please help, thanks.

The build:
CPU: AMD 5800X
MB: Gigabyte B550i
Graphics: ASRock 5500xt challenger 8GB
WiFi:DW1560
SSD: Samsung EVO plus 1TB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 64GB

Attachments

• config.plist
    71.3 KB · Views: 8

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this revised config.plist, see if this helps.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 13

Jerry Han

AMD OS X Member
I have the same problem.
I try to upgrade OC to 0.7.9 and all the kexts, re-enable AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext , the 12.3.1 can boot up.
But the system are unusable. The LAN network are gone. Launch any setting in System Preferences cause system to crash and reboot.

My current EFI is here: https://github.com/jerryhan77/asus-strix-b550-a-opencore.git

evenlee

AMD OS X Member
I have the same problem.
I try to upgrade OC to 0.7.9 and all the kexts, re-enable AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext , the 12.3.1 can boot up.
But the system are unusable. The LAN network are gone. Launch any setting in System Preferences cause system to crash and reboot.

My current EFI is here: https://github.com/jerryhan77/asus-strix-b550-a-opencore.git
Thank for the Info, you mean you added AppleMCEReporterDisabler and 12.3.1 works? but I had it too, still got error.

Jerry Han

AMD OS X Member
Thank for the Info, you mean you added AppleMCEReporterDisabler and 12.3.1 works? but I had it too, still got error.
Yes, by enable AppleMCEReporterDisable, system can boot into 12.3.1, but did not fix every thing. Still crash a lot:(

evenlee

AMD OS X Member
I've checked again my config, seems AppleMCEReporterDisable enabled is false(which i think is enabled), when i open the switch, i can log into system as usual, sorry for the careless mistake. and in 12.3.1, my bluetooth cannot work from sleep, still need to use sleepwatcher and blueutil as a workaround.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
False does not mean the entry is Enabled.

True means the entry is Enabled.

Jerry Han

AMD OS X Member
I've checked again my config, seems AppleMCEReporterDisable enabled is false(which i think is enabled), when i open the switch, i can log into system as usual, sorry for the careless mistake. and in 12.3.1, my bluetooth cannot work from sleep, still need to use sleepwatcher and blueutil as a workaround.
Could you attach your final working EFI here?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.