(Solved) a required firmware update could not be installed

santosh mareddy

AMD OS X Member
am trying to install mac os 12.2.1 but while installing am facing this problem please help

Build Spec
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E (Bios Revision - 4021)
  • RAM: G skill Ripjaws - 64GB
  • Graphics: RX 560x

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

santosh mareddy

AMD OS X Member
Am having this errors after updating open core

santosh mareddy

AMD OS X Member
After updating my open core this booting is stuck and looping

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You can't have followed the guide, if you are seeing those errors.

The first screen image shows a number of errors in the OC config.plist - MISSING KEY - means the entry is missing from your config.plist. Use the Sample.plist to see which keys need to be added to your config for these errors to be fixed.

The second screen image shows an issue with your Intel WiFi kext, not sure what the issue is, but it relates to your use of Itlwm.kext. I would remove the kext and see if that fixes the issue.

santosh mareddy

AMD OS X Member
You can't have followed the guide, if you are seeing those errors.

The first screen image shows a number of errors in the OC config.plist - MISSING KEY - means the entry is missing from your config.plist. Use the Sample.plist to see which keys need to be added to your config for these errors to be fixed.

The second screen image shows an issue with your Intel WiFi kext, not sure what the issue is, but it relates to your use of Itlwm.kext. I would remove the kext and see if that fixes the issue.
I followed each and everything brother it worked fine previously when i was using with bigsur but its not working properly Now

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Big Sur will work with OpenCore 0.7.3, Monterey won't.

You need to be using a version of OpenCore 0.7.4 or newer if you want to run macOS Monterey. Using the latest version linked above makes sense, as it includes a number of additional entries required for running Monterey.

santosh mareddy

AMD OS X Member
Can someone please help me in making efi folder my configuration is
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E (Bios Revision - 4021)
  • RAM: G skill Ripjaws - 64GB
  • Graphics: RX 560x in port 2
  • Graphics :rtx 3070 in port 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this OpenCore 0.7.7 EFI folder, it is set for your 12-core CPU and has the SSDT to disable the Nvidia GPU.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.7 MB · Views: 10

santosh mareddy

AMD OS X Member
after updating my efi to 0.7.4 every problem has been solved

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Can you explain how to verify the current version of EFI and how to use the file FI.zip to update it if necessary?
Many thanks indeed
There's a number of ways to do so. On your Opencore boot screen, the version number is shown below like this:

14025954 copy 2.png

The other methods are using Hackintool and select the Boot icon to show the version you're booting with

or check the version of the release by going to the Opencore repo and checking the date of the file

If you don't want to manually update the kexts individually, OCAuxiliaryTool (OCAT) is a useful tool that can validate and update all of the kexts for you online in the OC build with simple two clicks (by clicking on the OC Validate and Upgrade Opencore and Kexts buttons).

Hackintool also has this feature to update OC version as well.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.