Ryzen Mobile 5000(H) Series require patching for hackintosh?

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So my bud and I have been trying to install Monterey on the Legion 5 with the Ryzen 7 5800h, RX 6600 and a MUX. This laptop allows to fully disable the IGPU. But we cant get the installer to boot. He suggested that possibly there is no patches for the 5000 H series and therefore requires some patching.

We managed to hackintosh my laptop with the Ryzen 2700 and Vega 56. However that is a Desktop class CPU on a laptop.

Anyone with any leads regarding the 5000H CPU's patches for hackintosh.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
There are no special patches for a laptop/mobile CPU. Just the normal AMD patches. Are you editing and amending the CPU core patches for this 8-core CPU?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have Whatevergreen? If you do either remove it / disable it in the config or try this boot arg, -radvesa

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Do you have Whatevergreen? If you do either remove it / disable it in the config or try this boot arg, -radvesa
I will giver it try. Thanks man!

To give you more info.

It is my second Ryzen laptop project.

Specs:

Legion 5 Gen 6th

CPU: 5800h

GPU: 6600m (same as desktop 6600)

Mux switch: disabling IGPU available

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.