ROG B550i-R7 3700x-5700xt

ertantosh

AMD OS X Member
Hey,

I wanna get into running a mac os on my pc. I am really newbie with this and struggling in then installation process. Have tried working on efi folder but always getting an error when booting it up. I just wanna know if anyone here had success with the following similar specs?if yes , could you help me get through it?

tazbulls22's TazBuLLs Build:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Asus ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Red Dragon Video Card
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive( Windows 11)
Gigabyte GP-GSTFS31240GNTD 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (New for Mac OS)
Alpenföhn BLACK RIDGE 47.1 CFM CPU Cooler

I wanna install the operating system into new and clean ssd. So i could choose besides windows 11 and mac .

Thanks

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which version of macOS are you trying to install?

Post a copy of your EFI so we can see what you are using and just as importantly what you are not using.

Post a photo showing the verbose text error, assuming you are using the -v (verbose) boot argument in your config.plsit.

ertantosh

AMD OS X Member
Which version of macOS are you trying to install?

Post a copy of your EFI so we can see what you are using and just as importantly what you are not using.

Post a photo showing the verbose text error, assuming you are using the -v (verbose) boot argument in your config.plsitm
i am between Big Sure or Monterey, which one is more stable? Attached my current EFI folder and last booting error pics.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • mac not set.png
    mac not set.png
    461.9 KB · Views: 23
  • error pic.png
    error pic.png
    439.4 KB · Views: 14

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The macOS not loaded yet, just means the kernel panic occured before macOS was launched.
It is a common text message when a kernel panic happens early in the boot process.

I have downloaded a copy of your OC EFI and will get back to you once I have had a look through the sub-folders and config.plist.

Both Big Sur and Monterey should be fine with your setup and with a single EFI folder, as long as it is created with an OpenCore release newer than 0.7.4.

ertantosh

AMD OS X Member
The macOS not loaded yet, just means the kernel panic occured before macOS was launched.
It is a common text message when a kernel panic happens early in the boot process.

I have downloaded a copy of your OC EFI and will get back to you once I have had a look through the sub-folders and config.plist.

Both Big Sur and Monterey should be fine with your setup and with a single EFI folder, as long as it is created with an OpenCore release newer than 0.7.4.
OK Thanks! In the meantime i am downloading the Monterey via macrecovery!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Here is a revised EFI folder for you to try.

Assumption is that you have enabled 'Above 4G Decoding' option in your bios, as you don't have npci=0x3000 boot arg in your config.plist.

I have added three drivers to the /EFI/OC/Drivers folder; a new Resouces folder; and swapped one SSDT for another more compatible AMD SSDT.

See if this works.

I have not added the Intel Ethernet kext or any 'fixes' for your Intel i225-V ethernet controller. As the fixes and kexts stopped working in macOS Monterey. You haven't decided or informed me of the version you are going to install, I have assumed you will go for the newest.

You may need to boot in to Windows to fix this issue, once you have macOS installed. As it requires a Firmware update for the Ethernet controller, which can be read about in the link below.

I am not sure if the same fix can be applied to your Asus motherboard's Ethernet controller, but as far as I am aware this is the best option for getting the built-in Ethernet port working.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 17

ertantosh

AMD OS X Member
Here is a revised EFI folder for you to try.

Assumption is that you have enabled 'Above 4G Decoding' option in your bios, as you don't have npci=0x3000 boot arg in your config.plist.

I have added three drivers to the /EFI/OC/Drivers folder; a new Resouces folder; and swapped one SSDT for another more compatible AMD SSDT.

See if this works.

I have not added the Intel Ethernet kext or any 'fixes' for your Intel i225-V ethernet controller. As the fixes and kexts stopped working in macOS Monterey. You haven't decided or informed me of the version you are going to install, I have assumed you will go for the newest.

You may need to boot in to Windows to fix this issue, once you have macOS installed. As it requires a Firmware update for the Ethernet controller, which can be read about in the link below.

I am not sure if the same fix can be applied to your Asus motherboard's Ethernet controller, but as far as I am aware this is the best option for getting the built-in Ethernet port working.
Yes, 'Above 4G Decoding is enabled on my BIOS already.

As for the folder i am gonna use it now but the are 2 folders inside the EFI folder which one should i pick?
Regarding the ethernet , i am using wifi only.

I am downloading the Monterey version.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to use the whole EFI folder I provided. Not just part of it. Replace your EFI folder with the new one, completely.

Below is a screenshot showing the contents of the new EFI folder.

Screenshot 2022-08-25 at 19.32.09.png Use the whole EFI folder and all the sub-folders.

ertantosh

AMD OS X Member
You need to use the whole EFI folder I provided. Not just part of it. Replace your EFI folder with the new one, completely.

Below is a screenshot showing the contents of the new EFI folder.

View attachment 6981 Use the whole EFI folder and all the sub-folders.
Please check it has inside the EFI folder another EFI folder and __MACOSX. It doesnt seem to be same like the your screenshot.

Attachments

• efi pic.png
    efi pic.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 21

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
That is because Windows audtomatically displays the _MACOSX folder, which is hidden in macOS.

As long as you include it and the EFI folder everything should be fine.

ertantosh

AMD OS X Member
That is because Windows audtomatically displays the _MACOSX folder, which is hidden in macOS.

As long as you include it and the EFI folder everything should be fine.
I tried to boot the usb by selecting it through the bios, but it doesnt lead me anywhere is just flashes a black screen and stays at bios.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to select the UEFI partition on the USB pen drive, as that is where the EFI folder is located (or should be located). If the USB pen drive is named 'SanDiskUSB' the partition you need to select will be named 'UEFI:SanDiskUSB'.

Do not select the main partition containing the macOS Instalaltion files as the boot drive, that won't work as you have already found out.

ertantosh

AMD OS X Member
Yes i am choosing uefi. Here a pic

Attachments

• 4CC9F5D2-69CD-429B-A3D3-0709EF132F7B.jpeg
    4CC9F5D2-69CD-429B-A3D3-0709EF132F7B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17

ertantosh

AMD OS X Member
What about these settings?

Attachments

• D0B6FB5D-C815-43EE-84ED-4D3A0BD2888D.jpeg
    D0B6FB5D-C815-43EE-84ED-4D3A0BD2888D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18

Middleman

AMD OS X Member

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Didnt worked :(
Ertantosh,

In that case please try my EFI here for AMD 550 motherboards on Monterey 12.3+ > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-5900x-rx550-samsung-1tb-970-evo-plus.319781/

Aside from generating your own UUID and serial numbers for the SMBIOS with SSDTPRGen you will need to adjust the cpu core count for the 3700X under Kernel > Patches and add agdpmod=pikera into the NVRAM boot-arg section. The guide to adjusting the cpu core count can be found here > https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla

ertantosh

AMD OS X Member
Ertantosh,

In that case please try my EFI here for AMD 550 motherboards on Monterey 12.3+ > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-5900x-rx550-samsung-1tb-970-evo-plus.319781/

Aside from generating your own UUID and serial numbers for the SMBIOS with SSDTPRGen you will need to adjust the cpu core count for the 3700X under Kernel > Patches and add agdpmod=pikera into the NVRAM boot-arg section. The guide to adjusting the cpu core count can be found here > https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla
Thanks.After few tweaks I successfully loaeded the installer from Edhawk’s prebuilt EFI folder. Now i just have this issue with the internet on the installer. Attached pick

Attachments

• 2CDF108F-7A85-4EB8-B718-A4E50B394C24.jpeg
    2CDF108F-7A85-4EB8-B718-A4E50B394C24.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
That's to be expected, as you don't have an Ethernet kext or any patches/fixes in your OC setup for the Intel I225-V 2.5Gb Ethernet port on your motherboard.

Screenshot 2022-08-26 at 20.37.35.png OC config.plsit patch required for i225-V ethernet controller.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Using the Full imacOS Monterey installer would also get around this download issue.

The recover method is great when you have a working Ethernet port, but useless if you don't.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.