RadeonBoost.kext breaks boot

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
When I enable ReadeonBoost.kext in my Config.plist, I cannot get past the black screen with the apple logo, no progress bar. As soon as I disable it, it works fine. I updated whatevergreen, no improvement. Perhaps I need to update other kexts?

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
That kext does nothing on AMD systems, barely works at all on intel. I don't use it, suggest you don't either. The proper way to boost your radeon is Shanee's experimental kernel patches.

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
That kext does nothing on AMD systems, barely works at all on intel. I don't use it, suggest you don't either. The proper way to boost your radeon is Shanee's experimental kernel patches.
Ok good to know. Are those just the ones here?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@bigMak yes, you have to disable the second last (algrey - mtrr_update_action - fix PAT) and enable the last (Shaneee - mtrr_update_action - fix PAT).

Some people ran into issues with Audio over HDMI, so you'd have to see if it works for you if needed.

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
@bigMak yes, you have to disable the second last (algrey - mtrr_update_action - fix PAT) and enable the last (Shaneee - mtrr_update_action - fix PAT).

Some people ran into issues with Audio over HDMI, so you'd have to see if it works for you if needed.
My dumb ass thought I just needed to add the new patches. Changed it, we'll see if it works.

bigMak

AMD OS X Member

OpenCl 36000 up to 49000. Insane. Metal stayed the same. HDMI audio broken as promised

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
I don't use HDMI or DP audio, so I'm happy with Shanee's version of the patch. If you need HDMI audio then use Al Grey's version.

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
I don't use HDMI or DP audio, so I'm happy with Shanee's version of the patch. If you need HDMI audio then use Al Grey's version.
I do but I value that 49k on geekbench more than being able to use my shitty monitor speakers

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.