Query regarding Monterey Install on AMD Ryzen 4600H (I KNOW THERES NO ACCELERATION , IM DOING IT FOR FUN)

dhr__in

AMD OS X Member
How should i make my EFI? Should I use the AMD desktop guide for creating my EFI? Thanks.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
How should i make my EFI? Should I use the AMD desktop guide for creating my EFI? Thanks.
You could try to use this EFI I posted here > https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/m...-you-install-the-black-apple.3344/#post-22696

It's been confirmed working on another AMD APU build recently. There's no acceleration but it boots Monterey on AMD APUs.

You will however need to also add a SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml to this for your setup because you have a GTX 1650Ti.

Do not forget to change the core count under Kernel > Patches using the AMD Vanilla Patch guide on Github.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Here are two of the SSDTs you could try to disable your Nvidia dGPU (just enable only one at a time). Files will need to be unzipped first and placed into the EFI/OC/ACPI folder.

If they don't work then you will need to check against the path for your 1650Ti using Windows Device Manager and edit the path accordingly in one of the files using MaciASL.

Attachments

• SSDT-Disable_DGPU.aml.zip
    764 bytes · Views: 0
  • SSDT-Disable-RTX3060.aml.zip
    996 bytes · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.