Problem with VirtualBox and VMware Fusion

Xsiomix

AMD OS X Member
I can't understand what the problem is before this on Catalina VirtualBox worked

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2020-12-28 в 00.57.57.png
    Снимок экрана 2020-12-28 в 00.57.57.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Снимок экрана 2020-12-28 в 00.58.10.png
    Снимок экрана 2020-12-28 в 00.58.10.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 16

xock

AMD OS X Member
It seem to be the problem of hardware virtualization. New versions of wmware not uses a custom kernel extension.

Xsiomix

AMD OS X Member
I just can't figure out what kind of kexts I need or not, is there an instruction on how to run a virtual machine on a hackintosh with a risen? Do I need to edit confing.plis or not.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Only VBox will work due to others using the Apple Hypervisor which won't work on AMD. For VBox though there are some steps to take. Grab the latest version and run the uninstall tool that's provided.
Before rebooting run sudo csrutil clear in Terminal. Now reboot.
Now install the latest version, once installed approve the system extensions in the System Preferences -> Security & Privacy Window and reboot.
VBox should now run.

Xsiomix

AMD OS X Member
I just wanted to completely switch to Mac OS, but I can't live without my favorite game, it's only on Windows, and in virtual box only 256MB

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I just wanted to completely switch to Mac OS, but I can't live without my favorite game, it's only on Windows, and in virtual box only 256MB

Yeah that's a limitation of the HV that VBox uses. Just use a dual boot. OC will boot Windows or macOS depending on your choice.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.