PCI sound card issue in Monterey

jet liu

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,
I had booted monterey 12.3 successfully in my PC (5900X+6800XT+32G+ Asus TUF gaming x570 pro wifi), every thing is working well except airdrop.
But when I plug into the PCI sound card into PCI slot of MB, the original sound card which is built into MB stop working (disappeared from Mac system).
if I remove the extra PCI sound card, the internal sound card works well again.
The type of PCI sound card is Creative Sound blaster Zxr, it is working in Windows system.
The internal sound card of MB is ALC S1200A, layout id is 1.
I tried to inject the both cards ID into DeviceProperties of config.plist, but it's not useful.
It seems that it is difficult to drive this PCI sound card.
But is there a solution to use the internal sound card without moving the PCI card??
welcome and thanks for your any advice.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You probably need to have the Device Properties for both Audio devices set in your config.plist, including the layout-id for both.

As far as I can tell, there is only one Codec for a Creative Audio Card in AppleALC.kext. Assuming you are not installing any other Audio kexts.

The ZxRi/ZxR codec uses the layout ID =7.

Specifying the DeviceProperties including the layout-id as 7 for your Creative audio PCIe card and layout-id=1 for your Realtek audio should hopefully prevent the Realtek ACL S1220A from disappearing.

Post a copy of the Hackintool > PCIe - Export - pcidevices.plist generated for your system.

jet liu

AMD OS X Member
Thank you so much. It's nice to know the Zxr layout id=7. But maybe something conflict in my PC. when I inject both the ID of Zxr and S1200A , no one works.
Finally, I found a temporary solution, add the follwoing key to the Zxr property: ---> external-audio I Data I 01. This way blocks the Zxr. I have sound now from S1200A.
Hope this informaiton is useful for those person with the same trouble. I am still keep to find a better way to drive both the cards, but it seems difficult..

pic.png

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.