Opencore Gui Rebooting Issue

Viltaria

AMD OS X Member
Heyy Guys,

I was hoping you could help me with this issue: whenever I start-up my Hackintosh and I rapidly push the enter key (immediately before loading into Open Canopy), the system always reboots to BIOS and I'm not too sure what's causing the issue. Please note that the default disk is the MacOS drive. If I wait a 1-3 seconds before hitting enter (or if I let Open Canopy timeout) I'm able to boot into Mac just fine. I've included the logs below, it would be awesome if someone could help me figure this issue out!

PS: The system is dual-booting Windows and Mac off of different disks, and I am using the latest release of Open Core (0.7.9) I believe. Thanks a ton guy, I appreciate it a lot!

Hardware:

Motherboard: ASUS Tuf WI-Fi Plus X570Ram:
16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ 6900XT Special Edition
SSD-Mac: Western Digital SN850
SSD-Windows: Samsung 970 Evo Plus
Wi-Fi: Wireless-AC 9260
Ethernet: Realtek L8200A

EFI Folder Structure, Kexts and Drivers used: Paste IO Link for Logs: https://pasteio.com/xWeTArFdqgeN
Paste IO Link for Config.plist: https://pasteio.com/xIKa3rJdUV91

Thanks a bunch for your time and consideration guys, I really appreciate it a lot.

PS: The final few lines of all the failed attempts always end in the following way:

AAPL: #[EB.BST.FBS|RHPSZ] 229
AAPL: #[EB.BST.FBS|RHMSZ] 3626
OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D535463 Size 1
OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D534163 Size 2
AAPL: #[EB|LOG: DT] 2022-04-07T13:53:38
AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] 2022-04-07T13:53:3

I've been through the debugging steps and can ensure that the following properties are set:
DevirtualiseMmio -> False
EnableWriteUnprotector -> False
SyncRuntimePermissions -> True

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Simple Solution - DON'T press the Enter button immediately upon booting the system. WAIT a few seconds.

There is no reason to press the Enter button before OpenCore boots.

The fact pressing the Enter key takes you to the Bios menu is a different issue. The Enter key is not one of the normal Bios access keys. Asus use the F2 key for Bios access. So unless you have incorrectly mapped the F2 function key to your Enter key, pressing the key shouldn't be enabling you to enter the bios.

You may need to flash the bios, with the exact same version you are currently using, to clear this issue. Then reset the bios so it can run macOS.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.