NootedRed, Cezanne APUs (Ryzen 7 5825U). Now trackpad issues.

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
I'm currently working on my second hack, an R7 5825U laptop (HP ENVY x360 15-ey0001na) currently running W11. I'm getting stuck in kernelspace on a few different messages depending on the combination of different ACPI/Kexts enabled:
Code:
USBToolBox: XHC0: waitForMatchingService failed or timed out
USBToolBox: XHC1: waitForMatchingService failed or timed out
or
Code:
ApplePS2Controller: Notification consumer published: ApplePS2Controller
ApplePS2Controller: Notification consumer published: ApplePS2Keyboard
or
I think a certain combination caused it to get stuck on
Code:
apfs_module_start
but I'm not sure.

I've read that it could be a USB issue, so I've tried enabling and disabling USBToolBox and switching between the default kext and my custom generated one. One thing I noticed when creating the custom one is that there were two internal USB ports , no idea if that's related.
I've disabled all of VoodooPS2 in case that was causing an issue.
I tried swapping out ACPI's between prebuilt SSDT-CPUR + SSDT-EC-USBX-LAPTOP and custom SSDT-PNLF + SSDT-EC + SSDT-RTCAWAC + SSDT-USBX.

Disabling SSDT-CPUR gets it stuck on
Code:
Registered CoreAnalyticsHub functions withh xnu.
With SetupVirtualMap disabled it gets stuck on
Code:
Registered CoreAnalyticsHub functions withh xnu.
too.

If anyone has any ideas on what to try please send my way thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
Touchpad fixed! Used a VoodooI2C build from NootInc attached below incase anyone has a similar issue later.

Attachments

• Telegram Archive.zip
    230 KB · Views: 12

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
2) NootedRed was disabled. Unbelievably you had disabled Nootedred.kext for the AMD IGPU.
No wonder your system stalled at 12 minutes. This is the main graphics driver for the only GPU in your laptop.
Without it it won't run.
Just clearing this up for anyone that may come across this in the future - at the moment, Lilu does not recognise NootedRed at some stages in the install/update process. Disabling NRed only disabled hardware graphics acceleration, so it can be safely disabled until macos is done installing/updating.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
There was a note in the old WhateverRed/NootedRed Github page to the same effect. But it has since been removed.

aliye01

AMD OS X Member
Hi Guys,
Has anyone experienced trackpad issues with the NootedRed Cezanne APUs, particularly the Ryzen 7 5825U model? Looking for potential solutions or insights to resolve this problem.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.