NootedRed, Cezanne APUs (Ryzen 7 5825U). Now trackpad issues.

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
I'm currently working on my second hack, an R7 5825U laptop (HP ENVY x360 15-ey0001na) currently running W11. I'm getting stuck in kernelspace on a few different messages depending on the combination of different ACPI/Kexts enabled:
Code:
USBToolBox: XHC0: waitForMatchingService failed or timed out
USBToolBox: XHC1: waitForMatchingService failed or timed out
or
Code:
ApplePS2Controller: Notification consumer published: ApplePS2Controller
ApplePS2Controller: Notification consumer published: ApplePS2Keyboard
or
I think a certain combination caused it to get stuck on
Code:
apfs_module_start
but I'm not sure.

I've read that it could be a USB issue, so I've tried enabling and disabling USBToolBox and switching between the default kext and my custom generated one. One thing I noticed when creating the custom one is that there were two internal USB ports , no idea if that's related.
I've disabled all of VoodooPS2 in case that was causing an issue.
I tried swapping out ACPI's between prebuilt SSDT-CPUR + SSDT-EC-USBX-LAPTOP and custom SSDT-PNLF + SSDT-EC + SSDT-RTCAWAC + SSDT-USBX.

Disabling SSDT-CPUR gets it stuck on
Code:
Registered CoreAnalyticsHub functions withh xnu.
With SetupVirtualMap disabled it gets stuck on
Code:
Registered CoreAnalyticsHub functions withh xnu.
too.

If anyone has any ideas on what to try please send my way thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You have SSDT-HPET.aml table enabled in your OC setup. But you don't have the ACPI patches necessary for this SSDT to work present in your config.plist. If you still have the original Results folder you generated using Corpnewt's SSDTTime script you should add these ACPI patches to your OC config.plist.

Failing to add the OC ACPI patches from the SSDT's you generated with SSDTTime is a sure fire way to end up with a Kernel Panic when you boot your system.

This is a quote from the VoodooRMI Github page:

Synaptic trackpads generally work over SMBus or I2C, though not both. Pay close attention to which bus it works over.

You would need to have Windows installed to check which option your trackpad uses. Here is a link to the VoodooRMI Github page, which explains what to look for when confirming which is used.

I think it likely your trackpad is working over SMBus rather than I2C given the VoodooRMI.kext error.

You have kexts for both options present in your OC setup. Removing the RMII2C.kext or at least disabling it in the config.plist should resolve the VoodooRMI error.

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 21.33.39.png Set plugin kext as False/Disabled to prevent it loading.

I think that VoodoSMBus.kext is aimed at an Intel system and not meant for use on an AMD laptop. I think the VoodooI2C kexts were created along the same lines.

The IOPCIMatch is a match for an Intel device, as can be seen in the screenshot of the VoodooSMBus.kext/Contents/Info.plist below.

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 21.38.45.png VoodooSMBus.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Removing or disabling this kext from your OC setup may help.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Also you have the following SSDT's in your setup, when you only need two.

SSDT-EC.aml
SSDT-EC-USBX-Laptop.aml
SSDT-USBX.aml.

SSDT-EC.aml should never be used on a laptop, as the idea is to not mess with the real EC controller in the DSDT.aml. Corpnewt creates a fake EC in the SSDT it generates when the laptop option is selected.

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 21.52.44.png SSDTTime options as seen in macOS.

The screenshot below shows the three SSDT's open in MaciASL.

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 21.49.19.png 3 x SSDT's - I think only the SSDT-USBX.aml table is probably correct.

The Dortania Laptop SSDT is aimed again at Intel systems. They offer no real support for AMD systems.
The SSDT-EC.aml looks like one generated using Option 2 from SSDTTime.

I would recommend generating an SSDT-EC.aml using Corpnewt's SSDTTime, but this time select the Laptop option (3) not option (2). See if this makes a difference.

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
Regenerated using option 3 and got the same result, pretty sure I did use the laptop one the first time round. Also installed the HPET patches. Couldn't boot. I think the touchpad works over i2c, evidence attached. I tried enabling RMII2C and disabling VoodooSMBus and RMISMBus but this didn't work either.

Attachments

• IMG_20230711_002253.jpg
    IMG_20230711_002253.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230711_001959.jpg
    IMG_20230711_001959.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 14

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Ok, so you have a Synaptic trackpad/mouse that are i2C. If Voodooi2C supports AMD, you should use it and include the Synaptic kext.

Remove/disable the SMBus kext.

The ELAN device is your Touchscreen display, which you will need to disable using NoTouchID.kext

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
Ok, so you have a Synaptic trackpad/mouse that are i2C. If Voodooi2C supports AMD, you should use it and include the Synaptic kext.

Remove/disable the SMBus kext.

The ELAN device is your Touchscreen display, which you will need to disable using NoTouchID.kext

Still no luck :/

Attachments

• IMG_20230711_102655~2.jpg
    IMG_20230711_102655~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
What else have you added to your OC setup, as there are a 5 x different/new errors in the screen image above.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 17.39.36.png SSDT with SFRZ named device duplicated

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 17.39.52.png SSDT with BA31 named device duplicated

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 17.40.04.png SSDT error related to RTCAWAC
This occurs when loading an ACPI table, probably a duplication of the RTCAWAC fix.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 17.40.24.png Kext not matching with XHC0 or XHC1USB controller.
Have you changed your UTBMap.kext to exclude these two USB controllers?

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 17.40.30.png
You must be using a kext that is looking for an ALPS trackpad, when your laptop uses a Synaptics trackpad.

Posting you are having errors, while only providing a screen image isn't helpful, as we have absolutely no idea what changes you have made to your OC setup to cause these 'New' issues.

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
What else have you added to your OC setup, as there are a 5 x different/new errors in the screen image above.

View attachment 11303 SSDT with SFRZ named device duplicated

View attachment 11304 SSDT with BA31 named device duplicated

View attachment 11305 SSDT error related to RTCAWAC
This occurs when loading an ACPI table, probably a duplication of the RTCAWAC fix.

View attachment 11306 Kext not matching with XHC0 or XHC1USB controller.
Have you changed your UTBMap.kext to exclude these two USB controllers?

View attachment 11307
You must be using a kext that is looking for an ALPS trackpad, when your laptop uses a Synaptics trackpad.

Posting you are having errors, while only providing a screen image isn't helpful, as we have absolutely no idea what changes you have made to your OC setup to cause these 'New' issues.

For the RTCAWAC I just used the default option in SSDTTime. If XHC0 and XHC1 are the only controllers on the device does it make sense to disable them? The only way I can get rid of the ALPS errors is by disabling all VoodooPS2 etc., in which case the XHC0/XHC1 lines are the last.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.3 MB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I would recommend disabling/deleting the VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/Plugins/VoodooGPIO.kext, as this is solely an Intel based kext.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 22.25.04.png Right-Click on the Voodooi2C.kext to select 'Show Package Contents'

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 22.22.04.png Intel IOClass elements highlighted in kext's info.plist

As you are using SSDT-XOSI.aml table you probably don't need it. As these two elements are an either/or usage, they are not both meant to be used at the same time. Easiest way is to disable the kext in the config.plist.

The VoodooI2CELAN.kext is meant for use with an ELAN Touchpad, not a touch screen or pen device.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 22.21.21.png ELAN Touchpad Driver highlighted in kext's info.plist

The Voodooi2CHID.kext is more likely to activate the ELAN devices, without the VoodooI2CELAN.kext being present in your OC setup. If it can be activated!

You may need to delete/disable a couple of Plugins present in VoodooPS2Controller.kext. Namely the VoodooPS2Mouse.kext and VoodooPS2Trackad.kext, as these are meant for use with PS2 devices. We know your TrackPad is a Synaptics HID i2C device, so these kexts won't work on your system.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 22.35.07.png Contents of VoodooPS2Controller Plugin folder. Unused kexts struck through with red line.

Only the VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext plugin will be used. As the VoodooInput.kext is already present in VoodooI2C.kext, as a plugin and OC doesn't need or use both kexts. ProperTree when populating the config.plist will automatically recommend that the VoodooInput.kext present in VoodooPS2Controller be disabled.

VoodooRMI.kext also contains a copy of VoodooInput.kext in its Plugin folder. This kext and the RMISMBus.kext are not used, or as your Trackpad is I2C shouldn't be used in your setup.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 22.38.34.png Contents of VoodooRMI.kext Plugin folder. Unused kexts struck through with red line.

VoodooSMBus.kext should also be removed/deleted from your OC setup, as again this is solely aimed at Intel SMBUS controllers. It won't work with your AMD SMBUS controller.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 22.41.17.png Intel SMBUS Controller and IOClass elements highlighted in kext's Info.plist.

I think the rest of the Kexts present in your EFI are fine.

Well that is the way I would configure the EFI and config.plist if I had your laptop.

Can you post a copy of your system DSDT.aml so I can have a look through it, to see if I notice anything else that needs attention.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
I would recommend disabling/deleting the VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/Plugins/VoodooGPIO.kext, as this is solely an Intel based kext.

View attachment 11315 Right-Click on the Voodooi2C.kext to select 'Show Package Contents'

View attachment 11314 Intel IOClass elements highlighted in kext's info.plist

As you are using SSDT-XOSI.aml table you probably don't need it. As these two elements are an either/or usage, they are not both meant to be used at the same time. Easiest way is to disable the kext in the config.plist.

The VoodooI2CELAN.kext is meant for use with an ELAN Touchpad, not a touch screen or pen device.

View attachment 11313 ELAN Touchpad Driver highlighted in kext's info.plist

The Voodooi2CHID.kext is more likely to activate the ELAN devices, without the VoodooI2CELAN.kext being present in your OC setup. If it can be activated!

You may need to delete/disable a couple of Plugins present in VoodooPS2Controller.kext. Namely the VoodooPS2Mouse.kext and VoodooPS2Trackad.kext, as these are meant for use with PS2 devices. We know your TrackPad is a Synaptics HID i2C device, so these kexts won't work on your system.

View attachment 11316 Contents of VoodooPS2Controller Plugin folder. Unused kexts struck through with red line.

Only the VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext plugin will be used. As the VoodooInput.kext is already present in VoodooI2C.kext, as a plugin and OC doesn't need or use both kexts. ProperTree when populating the config.plist will automatically recommend that the VoodooInput.kext present in VoodooPS2Controller be disabled.

VoodooRMI.kext also contains a copy of VoodooInput.kext in its Plugin folder. This kext and the RMISMBus.kext are not used, or as your Trackpad is I2C shouldn't be used in your setup.

View attachment 11317 Contents of VoodooRMI.kext Plugin folder. Unused kexts struck through with red line.

VoodooSMBus.kext should also be removed/deleted from your OC setup, as again this is solely aimed at Intel SMBUS controllers. It won't work with your AMD SMBUS controller.

View attachment 11318 Intel SMBUS Controller and IOClass elements highlighted in kext's Info.plist.

I think the rest of the Kexts present in your EFI are fine.

Well that is the way I would configure the EFI and config.plist if I had your laptop.

Can you post a copy of your system DSDT.aml so I can have a look through it, to see if I notice anything else that needs attention.
Here's my DSDT

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 7

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The Elan Device is a Touch screen, not the laptops Trackpad. So the VoodooI2CELAN.kext added to the OP's OC setup isn't suitable for his laptop. As his trackpad is a Synaptics model.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this revised EFI on your HP laptop.

I have cleaned up the config.plist, enabled a couple of HP specific quirks and made a number of other changes, which I hope will help.

See if this lets you make any headway.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 18

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
Try this revised EFI on your HP laptop.

I have cleaned up the config.plist, enabled a couple of HP specific quirks and made a number of other changes, which I hope will help.

See if this lets you make any headway.
I was finally able to boot back into the base system with this EFI, although the trackpad did not work. Keyboard worked fine though and I connected an external mouse. Diskutil could not see my NVME drive and after this issue and applying the kext in this comment I was able to get macos to see the ssd and continue booting. Unfortunately I got the KP attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20230712_224731.jpg
    IMG_20230712_224731.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 16

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I was finally able to boot back into the base system with this EFI, although the trackpad did not work. Keyboard worked fine though and I connected an external mouse. Diskutil could not see my NVME drive and after this issue and applying the kext in this comment I was able to get macos to see the ssd and continue booting. Unfortunately I got the KP attached.
You're likely running an ancient version of macOS, like 11.3.

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
I just tried installing again and as before it broke at 12 mins. To check whether it's the PM991's fault, I tried installing on an external ssd and I think it crashed and rebooted in the same spot. Is there any way to get a log of the install after the fact to see what's causing the issue?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Alright I have a working Synaptics trackpad with my Acer Nitro 5. If it helps, see if you can setup your EFI kext loadout like this:

synaptics-setup.png

You will also need SSDT-PLUG & SSDT-XOSI and this ACPI patch (_OSI to XOSI rename):

acpi-setup.png

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
Alright I have a working Synaptics trackpad with my Acer Nitro 5. If it helps, see if you can setup your EFI kext loadout like this:

View attachment 11341

You will also need SSDT-PLUG & SSDT-XOSI and this ACPI patch (_OSI to XOSI rename):

View attachment 11342
Didn't work unfortunately :(
Opened an issue in VoodoRMI, hopefully someone over there might have some ideas.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Didn't work unfortunately :(
Opened an issue in VoodoRMI, hopefully someone over there might have some ideas.
Is your touchpad I2C?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.