No networkconnectivity

Abdul azim

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I’ve finally installed sonoma on my amd Aorus b450 elite v2 with 16gb RAM and tons of storage. I’m having issues with Sonoma picking up my network card which is Wireless but also have a LAN card. Any tips?

Abdul azim

AMD OS X Member
If I connect a LAN cable with internet access will MAC recognise the port and download necessary drivers?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No, you need to know which Ethernet controller is present and add the kext to your OpenCore /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and add a companion entry for the kext to the OC config.plist.

This is not Windows were drivers are automatically installed. You the user needs to find, add and setup the drivers in macOS.

If you are using a B450 Aorus Elite V2 motherboard, then you will have a Realtek 1GB Ethernet controller on the motherboard. For this Ethernet controller you should use the kext linked in the 'Gathering Files' part of the OpenCore guide.

If you look under Ethernet section, the RealtekRTL8111.kext should be linked. Download and use this kext, see where that gets you.

Abdul azim

AMD OS X Member
No, you need to know which Ethernet controller is present and add the kext to your OpenCore /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and add a companion entry for the kext to the OC config.plist.

This is not Windows were drivers are automatically installed. You the user needs to find, add and setup the drivers in macOS.

If you are using a B450 Aorus Elite V2 motherboard, then you will have a Realtek 1GB Ethernet controller on the motherboard. For this Ethernet controller you should use the kext linked in the 'Gathering Files' part of the OpenCore guide.

If you look under Ethernet section, the RealtekRTL8111.kext should be linked. Download and use this kext, see where that gets you.
I never installed my hackintosh using opencor!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you haven't used the OpenCore bootloader, what have you used, Clover?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.