No graphics acceleration in Logic Pro X

thatdhruv

AMD OS X Member
Recently installed macOS High Sierra (17G14042) on an AMD Ryzen 5 1500X processor. I have a GTX 1050 Ti GPU, with nVidia's web drivers installed (this takes care of graphics acceleration for the most part, except for LPX):

Inspite of this, I have no graphics acceleration in Logic Pro X, I guess it has to do with the NSSupportsAutomaticGraphicsSwitching API (which does not detect my dGPU) - I tried editing the Info.plist file to no success, if there would be a patch or workaround for this, it would help a lot.
I would be more than happy to provide any more info needed to resolve this.

thatdhruv

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which SMBIOS are you using?

One that supports an Nvidia dGPU, which usually means iMacPro1,1 or iMac14,2 SMBIOS when running High Sierra on an AMD/Nvidia system.

thatdhruv

AMD OS X Member
I'm using an iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, and the GPU is indeed recognized in the "About This Mac" menu.
I tried using WhateverName to try to assign a dGPU to Logic, but that didn't work as well

thatdhruv

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.