Need more tester for Navies 22 Card.

silkroadonsale

AMD OS X Member
I just got good news from NootedRed Team. if anyone have Navies 22 like RX 6700xt or Rx 6750xt card so u guy and test out to see if it work fine or need more bug reports for them.

Attachments

• Navies22.png
    Navies22.png
    1 MB · Views: 53
  • Navies22_1.png
    Navies22_1.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 50

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Can you post a link to the NootedRed page where the Team clarify what they want people to use/do/report/test.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I just got good news from NootedRed Team. if anyone have Navies 22 like RX 6700xt or Rx 6750xt card so u guy and test out to see if it work fine or need more bug reports for them.
Who said we need testers? The screenshot was a proof of concept and a sneak peek of our upcoming project which will be released soon.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
@Visual Hello!. I've been trying really hard not to upset you all over at Noot.inc on GitHub. Because you do amazing work and I'm a big fan. But yesterday I got banned again, well my incognito account got banned, SalmonPete, (I have many emails to use up so it's ok). I was only offering advice to someone who probably shouldn't have said 'BUG'!. I'd love to help test, but ChefsKiss seems very sensitive or just intolerant of others.

silkroadonsale

AMD OS X Member
and here is the link for NootedRX for Navies 22, need more tester I only able to make it work with full acceleration with iMac20,1 other SMBIOS like iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 doesn't have acceleration. https://github.com/ChefKissInc/NootRX/

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The NootedRX project looks great. But that link doesn't have any requests for testers.

silkroadonsale

AMD OS X Member
The NootedRX project looks great. But that link doesn't have any requests for testers.
you can post and report bugged that u find or u can requrest ExtremeXT to help testing for it. I'm on with him but not able to test today. More ppl testing will get more information to help to get debug faster. One or 2 person testing is not enough (b/c each system might have different bug to report) and yesterday I test almost drove crazy b/c of the amount of restart PC is kinda crazy.:D:D.

silkroadonsale

AMD OS X Member
UPDATE: Good news. Finally Navies 22 got supported by Noot Team. and congratulation for all of them.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 10.26.33 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 10.26.33 AM.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 46

ovenlite1

AMD OS X Member
Wow! Never thought I'd see the day. The level of knowledge and expertise for this kind of thing is way above me, but how is this possible? Is it because Navi 22 is similar enough to Navi 21 and 23 that it was "easy" enough to work their magic to get it working?

... and a follow-up... does this mean something like Navi 31 (7900XT/XTX) would theoretically be possible? Or is that still just in my dreams lol

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If I understand correctly the NootedRX developers are Porting the Linux AMD drivers for the Navi 6000 series of GPUs, to create a kext that works in macOS. Way above my knowledge too.

As to whether they will port the AMD 7000 series drivers from Linux, that is unknown.

Let us all just be grateful/thankful for what is currently being offered. Don't start badgering the Developers, as that would be seriously rude and show a complete lack of thought and appreciation for the work they have already undertaken.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
If I understand correctly the NootedRX developers are Porting the Linux AMD drivers for the Navi 6000 series of GPUs, to create a kext that works in macOS. Way above my knowledge too.

As to whether they will port the AMD 7000 series drivers from Linux, that is unknown.

Let us all just be grateful/thankful for what is currently being offered. Don't start badgering the Developers, as that would be seriously rude and show a complete lack of thought and appreciation for the work they have already undertaken.
I agree, the Nootinc team are producing incredible results. Last thing they need is someone like me, (SalmonPete ;), bothering them with stupid questions. I should know I’m on my second ban!.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

Porting the whole Linux driver is harder than it sounds. Navi 22 is very similar to Navi 23, so we patched out the differences by cross-referencing to both the Linux and Windows drivers, which finally resulted in an accelerated Navi 22 experience. The code is open source, you can read it for more information on the process.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Porting the whole Linux driver is harder than it sounds. Navi 22 is very similar to Navi 23, so we patched out the differences by cross-referencing to both the Linux and Windows drivers, which finally resulted in an accelerated Navi 22 experience. The code is open source, you can read it for more information on the process.
Would you mind sharing a link, I’d like to have a read.

silkroadonsale

AMD OS X Member

ovenlite1

AMD OS X Member

I am very sorry. You are definitely right. I hope that my curiosity is not misinterpreted as a request! I think the idea of a 6700xt, which was not intended to be supported, now working with acceleration was just amazing, and then one thought led to another and I probably should've resisted commenting.

And I am absolutely grateful for folks who do so much to help folks do this sort of thing. Actually, Edhawk, many of your posts throughout the years have contributed to my current understanding and a working machine, so thank you very much!

Anyway, I apologize for being out of line!

AndresZeroCross

AMD OS X Member
UPDATE: Good news. Finally Navies 22 got supported by Noot Team. and congratulation for all of them.
Any tips with this kexts??
I have removed WhateverGreen.kext and enable NootRX.kext in config.plist. But always got stuck in this scene.
SMBIOS MacPro7,1

Boot fine without NootRX.kext but with no Graphics Acceleration

1696578825690.png

Last edited:

craighazan

Donator
Donator

isn't 7000 support part of the roadmap though?.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Any tips with this kexts??
I have removed WhateverGreen.kext and enable NootRX.kext in config.plist. But always got stuck in this scene.
SMBIOS MacPro7,1

Boot fine without NootRX.kext but with no Graphics Acceleration

View attachment 11969
Join our Telegram group for advice.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Join our Telegram group for advice.

I'm all for support being given by the team on Telegram but the forums here are indexed. If someone searches for any issues they're having it'll come up on Google etc. If a solution is posted it'll help users with a similar problem :)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.