Need Help with Hackintosh.

Hepi34

AMD OS X Member
Hello.
I'm new here in this forum and I need help for my Hackintosh.
I had Big Sur installed with OpenCore 8.2 (newest Version). Everything worked fine. Then i decided to update to Monterey.
After updating my Kexts, everything exept WLAN and LAN worked.
For WLAN, I tried airportltlwm and ltlwm with HeliPort, but both didn't work (HeliProt says itlwm is not running).
For ethernet, i attempted to use smalltreeintel82576, but no luck. I also tried AppleIGB, but also no luck.
I don't even see anything in the Settings in the Network Preferences, not even after a reset like mentioned here: https://openintelwireless.github.io/itlwm/Troubleshooting.html.
Wifi, Lan and Bluethooth all don't show up.
(With AppleIGB, theres also nothing in the Network Preferences).
Clicking on the + or Creating an Envirement results in the Network Preferences closing and it giving me an error message.
Screenshot showing that the Kext is loaded and my problem attached below.
My EFI is also attached below.
My system specs are in my signature below the EFI attachment.
What could I do to get an Internet Connection?
screenshot.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.6 MB · Views: 1

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hello.
I'm new here in this forum and I need help for my Hackintosh.
I had Big Sur installed with OpenCore 8.2 (newest Version). Everything worked fine. Then i decided to update to Monterey.
After updating my Kexts, everything exept WLAN and LAN worked.
For WLAN, I tried airportltlwm and ltlwm with HeliPort, but both didn't work (HeliProt says itlwm is not running).
For ethernet, i attempted to use smalltreeintel82576, but no luck. I also tried AppleIGB, but also no luck.
I don't even see anything in the Settings in the Network Preferences, not even after a reset like mentioned here: https://openintelwireless.github.io/itlwm/Troubleshooting.html.
Wifi, Lan and Bluethooth all don't show up.
(With AppleIGB, theres also nothing in the Network Preferences).
Clicking on the + or Creating an Envirement results in the Network Preferences closing and it giving me an error message.
Screenshot showing that the Kext is loaded and my problem attached below.
My EFI is also attached below.
My system specs are in my signature below the EFI attachment.
What could I do to get an Internet Connection?
View attachment 6342
Hi there and welcome to the forum,

Regarding your issues, have you tried installing LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext? As for the wifi, you should download the Airportitlwm-Monterey stable version 2.1.0.
Those two have worked for me on my B550 motherboard. I understand your MSI board has the Intel I211AT LAN controller so it should work with this kext.
As for the Bluetooth, there's been some success using Bluetoolfixup.kext along with IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext. You have to disable IntelBluetoothInjector as well.
I would also advise checking your USB ports and USB map and making sure that all of them are working as AMD motherboards do often employ more than 1 USB controller ie. XHC & XHC1/PTXH, and a change in the mapping would obviously affect how your Bluetooth and wifi connections are powered.

Hepi34

AMD OS X Member
Hi there and welcome to the forum,

Regarding your issues, have you tried installing LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext? As for the wifi, you should download the Airportitlwm-Monterey stable version 2.1.0.
Those two have worked for me on my B550 motherboard. I understand your MSI board has the Intel I211AT LAN controller so it should work with this kext.
As for the Bluetooth, there's been some success using Bluetoolfixup.kext along with IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext. You have to disable IntelBluetoothInjector as well.
I would also advise checking your USB ports and USB map and making sure that all of them are working as AMD motherboards do often employ more than 1 USB controller ie. XHC & XHC1/PTXH, and a change in the mapping would obviously affect how your Bluetooth and wifi connections are powered.
Hey, thanks for your answer. Bluethooth already works for me with BlueToolFixup. I was able to connect a bluethooth speaker, even without it showing in network preferences. I also tried the Airportitlwm 2.10stable-monterey, no success. I never did USB mapping, what exactly is that? Also, as you said, my board has the Intel I211, can it still work with LucyRTL8125Ethernet?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hey, thanks for your answer. Bluethooth already works for me with BlueToolFixup. I was able to connect a bluethooth speaker, even without it showing in network preferences. I also tried the Airportitlwm 2.10stable-monterey, no success. I never did USB mapping, what exactly is that? Also, as you said, my board has the Intel I211, can it still work with LucyRTL8125Ethernet?
I see okay. Well USB is one of the steps you have to perform once you have a functioning hackintosh setup. Reason is because your PC actually has more USB ports (over 20) than what Apple allows (which is 15) so you have to reduce the number for it to work optimally. There are guides on the Dortania Opencore website that show you how to do this. Easiest method is to use USBMap from Corpnewt on Github > https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap
It’s an auto-running script that can create a USB kext map for you with a few keystrokes. You just need to populate all of your ports to use it.

As for the LucyRTL8125Ethernet yes that works with your Intel LAN.

Hepi34

AMD OS X Member
I see okay. Well USB is one of the steps you have to perform once you have a functioning hackintosh setup. Reason is because your PC actually has more USB ports (over 20) than what Apple allows (which is 15) so you have to reduce the number for it to work optimally. There are guides on the Dortania Opencore website that show you how to do this. Easiest method is to use USBMap from Corpnewt on Github > https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap
It’s an auto-running script that can create a USB kext map for you with a few keystrokes. You just need to populate all of your ports to use it.

As for the LucyRTL8125Ethernet yes that works with your Intel LAN.
Ok, thank you. When I get home, I will test it out. Another question: You said populate every port. I have 2 USB Hubs. Do i have to fill every port or is one enough? Also, is it normal that neither Wlan, Bluethooth or Lan even show up in Network settings?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Ok, thank you. When I get home, I will test it out. Another question: You said populate every port. I have 2 USB Hubs. Do i have to fill every port or is one enough? Also, is it normal that neither Wlan, Bluethooth or Lan even show up in Network settings?
Yes sure. About the ports, yes you do have to fill every one - or at least the ones you use the most as you will be shutting those off that are not used. This also includes the internal USB ports for the Bluetooth and say RGB controllers (which is why I mentioned the USB mapping issue to you as I thought it may have been affected). As for the LAN, WiFi and Bluetooth not showing, that's not normal although is expected with macOS upgrades on hackintoshes.

For a good working USB setup you need to ensure you have the following enabled:

SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
SSDT-UIAC.aml
USBInjectall.kext (on Intel systems only) or custom USBMap.kext/UTBMap.kext + USBToolbox.kext using USB Toolbox script (recommended for Ryzen setups)
SSDT-XHCI-TO-XHC.aml (for AMD 400/500 series systems)
SSDT-XHCI-TO-XHC2.aml (for AMD 400/500 series systems)

Hepi34

AMD OS X Member
Yes sure. About the ports, yes you do have to fill every one - or at least the ones you use the most as you will be shutting those off that are not used. This also includes the internal USB ports for the Bluetooth and say RGB controllers (which is why I mentioned the USB mapping issue to you as I thought it may have been affected). As for the LAN, WiFi and Bluetooth not showing, that's not normal although is expected with macOS upgrades on hackintoshes.

For a good working USB setup you need to ensure you have the following enabled:

SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
SSDT-UIAC.aml
USBInjectall.kext (on Intel systems only) or custom USBMap.kext/UTBMap.kext + USBToolbox.kext using USB Toolbox script (recommended for Ryzen setups)
SSDT-XHCI-TO-XHC.aml (for AMD 400/500 series systems)
SSDT-XHCI-TO-XHC2.aml (for AMD 400/500 series systems)
So I just tried the LucyRtlEthernet kext, it didn‘t do anything. Also, USB mapping did also not seem to help anything. Im really clueless now…

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
So I just tried the LucyRtlEthernet kext, it didn‘t do anything. Also, USB mapping did also not seem to help anything. Im really clueless now…
Okay did you run the ResetNVRAM tool from the EFI before you tried to reboot? If its not there try to press the spacebar at the OC boot menu.

Hepi34

AMD OS X Member
Okay did you run the ResetNVRAM tool from the EFI before you tried to reboot? If its not there try to press the spacebar at the OC boot menu.
Yes, I tried that, no success

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
In that case try to make sure that only SSDT-EC, SSDT-USBX, SSDT-UIAC and USBInjectAll are enabled and try again. Once you get into the system, run a copy of Hackintools and check your USB ports to see if they show a connection (ports will light up green on list if they do). If it works then press the Export button on the bottom far right of the interface and copy those aml and kext map into your system (and enable them).

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.