MSI Unify X B550 problems

54thC

AMD OS X Member
hi,guys! when I try to boot(install) Monterey 12.3.1 with OC, it was stuck, I don't know what's wrong, or I should choose Big Sur?

pls help, thx! have a nice day!

My build:
MB:MSI Unify X B550
CPU:5900X
GPU:6900XT
DRAM:G.Skill 4000Mhz 16G*2
OC ver:0.7.9-RELEASE

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    14.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 2deaa4ba3a07877f55a0bb30155b45c.jpg
    2deaa4ba3a07877f55a0bb30155b45c.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
@adrianz which CPU are you using? Is it a 12-core CPU, as that is what the config.plist in EFI v2 is set to patch.

If you have an 8-core or 16-core CPU, then the first three AMD Patches in the Kernel section of the config.plist need to be edited to work with your CPU.

Another issue might arise if you have Enabled Above 4G Decoding in your Bios. If that is the case then you won't need the npci=0x2000 boot argument, which I added to the config.plist.

You will also need to use a different Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID, if you are looking to use the EFI v2 attached in post #13.

Otherwise the EFI should be good for a B550 motherboard running macOS Big Sur.

Thanks a lot!

I am using 5800X which is a 8 core CPU, and Above 4G Decoding enabled, I will change config.plist as you said.

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
@adrianz which CPU are you using? Is it a 12-core CPU, as that is what the config.plist in EFI v2 is set to patch.

If you have an 8-core or 16-core CPU, then the first three AMD Patches in the Kernel section of the config.plist need to be edited to work with your CPU.

Another issue might arise if you have Enabled Above 4G Decoding in your Bios. If that is the case then you won't need the npci=0x2000 boot argument, which I added to the config.plist.

You will also need to use a different Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID, if you are looking to use the EFI v2 attached in post #13.

Otherwise the EFI should be good for a B550 motherboard running macOS Big Sur.

Thank you again, Edhawk! Followed your guide and start Big Sur successfully! No more steps, no more changes! With your EFI v2.

Currently Bluetooth is not working, searched on the Internet and solution seems to be plug out power supply and wait for a while..... I m trying.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.