Monterey temperamental Ethernet

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, I've installed Monterey on my system but unfortunately I have dodgey internet. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Im using Shaynees EFI for my board, ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming. I did some reading and came across a post talking about the AppleGB.kext needs to be swapped for an older version which I have, prior to swapping the kext I had no internet at all. Looking in System Report everything looks good. Has anybody had the same thing and come across a solution?
Thanks in advance guys..!!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try using the IntelMausi.kext available from the link below.

It has been updated/advanced to include the i210/i211 chipsets and others from the AppleIGB.kext. While the front page doesn't say this is so, reading through the details linked below show they have been included in the version of IntelMausi.kext linked above.

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 15.14.06.png List of devices added to this version of the kext

Integration of the i210/i211 and other Ethernet devices by mbarbierato

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
Hi Ed, tried that first link but there is no Kext to Download

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I think it needs to be 'Built' using Xcode, as there are no 'Release' versions.

I'll have a look and see what I can do.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try with this. It's what I'm currently using without issue.

Attachments

• AppleIGB.kext.zip
    75.8 KB · Views: 13

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
Hi Shaneee, Just tried the AppleIGB.kext you posted by just replacing the old Kext and doing a OC Snapshot and leaving SmallTreeIntel82576.kext as it was. In Network setting my Ethernet shows as disconnected.

Last edited:

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
Hi. so as an update I've Compiled the IntelMausiEthernet.kext using the Xcode Command line tools and tried it in my EFI but still I get no Ethernet devices in the System Report. I don't know what I files and settings I should be using with this kext so if anybody can give me some info that would be great. Thanks.!!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I tried compiling/building the revised IntelMausi.kext I linked above but it gives an error about a specific 'h' file being missing. So the build fails.

Remove the SmallTreeIntel82576.kext and try with just the AppleIGB.kext present, if they both are looking to activate the same controller, having both present may cause unnecessary issues.

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
So after all variations of files the best I can get is Ethernet showing in System Report and Ethernet showing connected in Network settings but still I have no internet.. :(

Last edited:

DAFFY

AMD OS X Member
Update, After scratching my head for a while I decided to get a new Ethernet card - 2.5Gb RTL8125B using LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext And all is good. Thanks for the help guys..!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.