Monterey AMD Laptop Random Freezing

yopknopixx

AMD OS X Member
Hi Guys! I'm trying to get Montery working on my ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 (AMD)
So, far I can boot into recovery and install. But it has a tendency to freeze after a few minutes (10-15). I was able to install it onto my SSD via a full install (Airport WiFI works but it freezes before the internet install can finish).
When I boot up from the SSD to finish the installation, it freezes almost instantly (sometimes after ~10 minutes if I keep the cursor moving).
My OpenCore version is 0.7.4 and I've been using this repo as a reference.

Here is what I've tried:
  • Updating Kexts
  • Enabling/Disabling AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock
  • Removing unnecessary Kexts
  • USB mapping via USBToolBox
  • Enabling/Disabling VT-d
  • Secure-boot is disabled
  • Re-ordering Kext loading order (put Lilu.kext first)
I think that this is a simple oversight of something trivial, or some configuration problem having nothing to do with the hardware.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
I have attached my config.plist to this post.

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You have a few issues with your Laptop and OpenCore setup.
  1. You don not have a discrete GPU in your Laptop,
    1. it only has the AMD Radeon Integrated Graphics, which are not natively supported in macOS.
    2. You may be able to use NootedRed (previously called WhateverRed) to get your Integrated GPU working, but the GitHub page linked below says Ryzen 4XXX series of CPU's are problematic.
    3. https://github.com/NootInc/NootedRed
  2. Your 6-core CPU is not configured correctly in your config.plist.
    1. You have the 3 x CPU core patches set for a 4-core CPU.
  3. The AMD Kernel patches are out of date, there are only 17 present in your config, when the latest release contains 20 x patches.

yopknopixx

AMD OS X Member
Hey Edhawk, I have taken care of 2 and 3, and I'm fine with no graphics support for now. But, I'm still facing the freezing issues. I've tried downgrading to BigSur as well.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Hey Edhawk, I have taken care of 2 and 3, and I'm fine with no graphics support for now. But, I'm still facing the freezing issues. I've tried downgrading to BigSur as well.
Renoir iGPUs now work with full graphical acceleration.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.