"Memory Panic" when install SONOMA

tristan

AMD OS X Member
I have installed Ventura without issues on my computer.... but I try to install Sonoma for test, and get a memory panic...
I don´t know what is the problem. All the kext are updated. I try to clean install or update from ventura and it isn´t works.
I attach my EFI folder and the error screen.

Thank you at advance for your help!

Attachments

• ERROR INSTALL SONOMA.jpg
    ERROR INSTALL SONOMA.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
  • EFI-SONOMA.rar
    33 MB · Views: 1

tristan

AMD OS X Member
I try to install in different ways, but no success... always the same error screen.

I don´t know what is wrong...

tristan

AMD OS X Member
Finally I get install Sonoma on my computer (on external ssd to test it) !!
I don´t use the actual Ventura´s EFI that works fine...I started again with the kext and config.plist of Dortania and Opencore 0.9.6, and Sonoma boots ok.

But now I have a problem with the BCM943602CS... as expected the wifi don´t works.
To fix this issue, I follow the guide:
  • Download the Opencore Legacy Patcher (last version)
  • Add the kext Amfipass.kext, IOSkywalk.kext, IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext y AirPortBrcmNIC.kext (plugin of IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext), set the min version to 23.0.0
  • Block the com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily.
  • SecureBootModel: "Disabled" (before "Default")
  • csr-active-config: "03080000" (before "00000000")
  • SIP disable: booting in recovery mode, write : "csrutil disable"
  • Reset NVRAM

but when I boot, i get a kernel panic.

If change the value of csr-active-config to 00000000, usually i can boot sonoma, but I get a error when i try to patch with OCLP: "SIP is enabled, required 0x803 or higher" and "Currently booted SIP: 0X26f"
And if i write terminal the state of SIP, i get the SIP is disable, but OCLP shows "enabled".

I don´t know what is the problem... Thanks in advance!

attach the EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI - copia.rar
    5.7 MB · Views: 6

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Removing ToggleSipEntry.efi driver won't fix this issue, as it has no bearing on the level of SIP your system uses, if you don't use it.

The way to fix this issue is to change the 'csr-active-config' entry in your config.plist from <00000000> to <30800000>, as shown in the two screenshots below.

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 20.33.26.png

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 20.36.12.png

Make this change in your config.plist and your system should be set with the correct SIP level for using the OCLP root patches.

tristan

AMD OS X Member
Removing ToggleSipEntry.efi driver won't fix this issue, as it has no bearing on the level of SIP your system uses, if you don't use it.

The way to fix this issue is to change the 'csr-active-config' entry in your config.plist from <00000000> to <30800000>, as shown in the two screenshots below.

View attachment 12484

View attachment 12485

Make this change in your config.plist and your system should be set with the correct SIP level for using the OCLP root patches.

Thank you very much for your help

I just try with <03080000> and I always get a kernel panic.
The attached EFI folder is when I change this numbers to 00000000 for boot without this error.

IMG_0574.jpg

Finally, I get to apply the patch when I delete the AMFI.kext and add in boot-args "amfi=0x80"

Now I can connect to my wifi...
One question, Can I set SIP enable again and set "csr-active-config" to <00000000> after apply the patch? or I will lost the wifi connection if I do it?

thanks!

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I don’t know if the WiFi will work if you reset SIP to enabled. I don’t use the OCLP Root patches.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.