MB dying?

clover84

AMD OS X Member
Hey all! Any engineers here? :) I've got a weird situation with my mobo.

I had 2x Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMes 1TB in my Monterey system, plus one 500Gb that had BigSur installed (old install, used as backup system.
I've decided to try and install the new Win11 build, so I've erased the smaller NVMe to install Windows on it (coz it won't install unless there are no macOS EFI partitions anywhere).
So, I've removed my hackintosh NVMes, secure-erased the 500Gb disk via BIOS, and then the dance began. Multiple things happened at once:

1. Sound started popping, but only if the rear motherboard socket is used, front panel works fine. The problem occurs regardless of the OS, so I assume it's a hardware issue.
2. One of the hackintosh NVMes died burying all the data, it doesn't initialize in the bios. I bought a Samsung 950 Pro to replace it, stupid me. Now I have an expensive external SSD lol, can't use it with macOS.
3. I've noticed that my front-panel USB3 / USB3.2 interfaces began to fail. Sometimes I attach an external drive to a USB, and it either doesn't show up, or turns on and off rapidly.

Is my mobo dying?
MSI MEG Unify x570 (I know, not the best MB for hackintoshing, I'm gonna replace it soon with an Asus one).

clover84

AMD OS X Member
Yeah, it was dying. Long live MSI, and be damned for your buggy bios :)

silkroadonsale

AMD OS X Member
if u can avoid stay away from MSI and Asrock. they are the same lvl. their motherboard dying after warranty ended. Only Gigabyte or Asus is the choice for it.

clover84

AMD OS X Member
if u can avoid stay away from MSI and Asrock. they are the same lvl. their motherboard dying after warranty ended. Only Gigabyte or Asus is the choice for it.
Yeah, I always had asus/gigabyte before. But when I was building my current rig, it was the only PCI4.0 option with three NVME slots available from my local retailers, the rest were like "pay now, get it next month", so I rushed it :)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.