macOS Monterey Patches Released

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Screenshot-2021-06-13-at-15.26.43.png

macOS Monterey 12.x AMD Patches​

Here we are people. The macOS Monterey AMD Patches for OpenCore. They currently work great but as with any Apple update they may break so keep that in mind.

There are some things you should know first,
  • Only Developer Beta 1 is supported ( 12A5248p )
  • Patches for Beta versions are provided but no support is given until the OS is released.
  • Try these patches at your own risk and always have a backup EFI to boot.
  • Always make sure your kexts and if required OpenCore version is updated first.
  • Make a backup! This should always be the case when installing beta software.
  • Be patient with patch updates.

You can download the installer image with gibMacOS and the command to create a USB is on the Github Repo Readme. As mentioned above as it's a beta release, we won't offer support for those willing to install macOS 12.0 on their system. Once Apple have released it publicly then we will provide support.

Github Repo: https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla

As always, enjoy your AMD Hack and have fun.

Thanks,
Shaneee

Last edited:

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Let me be the first to say I appreciate your work and efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

priya123

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the patch and able to install the Monterey but cpu uses always 100% and most taken up by mds_stores. I am not asking for any support and just let you know guys and you are great. Thanks

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-06-29-21-54-56.png
    Capture+_2021-06-29-21-54-56.png
    3 MB · Views: 112

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the patch and able to install the Monterey but cpu uses always 100% and most taken up by mds_stores. I am not asking for any support and just let you know guys and you are great. Thanks

It’s possibly just spotlight indexing your system.

BCBoy1

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the work! (I appreciate it)
Thank you for the opportunity! macOS Monterey Beta!
for me it doesn't work with displayport (Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX580 4 gb "WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext"), but it works with hdmi port
and not work bluetooth (IntelBluetoothFirmware)

It's good to see that AMD (processor) is also in Beta!

I've been with an amd processor for a long time (AMD DX4 120 mhz) :)

I got to know Hackintosh with 10.6.8 snow leopard!

Today's system is much simpler!
Thanks AMD OSX!

Last edited:

reinierlazo

AMD OS X Member
which arguments to start MacOS. the ones I have restarts

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the work! (I appreciate it)
Thank you for the opportunity! macOS Monterey Beta!
for me it doesn't work with displayport (Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX580 4 gb "WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext"), but it works with hdmi port
and not work bluetooth (IntelBluetoothFirmware)

It's good to see that AMD (processor) is also in Beta!

I've been with an amd processor for a long time (AMD DX4 120 mhz) :)

I got to know Hackintosh with 10.6.8 snow leopard!

Today's system is much simpler!
Thanks AMD OSX!

I have the same GPU but 8Gb variant and it works with DP but graphics seem a bit funny.

Turning up my refresh rate solved the funniness I was happening.

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Not really asking for support for patches but we will see I guess, I have Monterey b1 working on my R5 3600, X570, RX 580 and it seems to work well.
I know you guys said beta 2 broke patches but is there any harm in me trying to update my system? Will beta 1 be left unusable?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Not really asking for support for patches but we will see I guess, I have Monterey b1 working on my R5 3600, X570, RX 580 and it seems to work well.
I know you guys said beta 2 broke patches but is there any harm in me trying to update my system? Will beta 1 be left unusable?

Don’t do it, Beta2 will make 12.0 unusable, Just wait until the patches are sorted out. Don’t be like me with a busted instal of 12.0 ..lol…yeah sure I could just reinstall but I’m leaving my install of 12.0 as it is for good reason.
You don’t need to go though such pain buddy so just don’t do it and save yourself the headache. :)

savage001

AMD OS X Member
That’s why I thought I’d ask before jumping.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I've moved my home directories to a separate volume so I can install new OS betas beside the old and dual boot while still having all my settings/data shared across both installs.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I've moved my home directories to a separate volume so I can install new OS betas beside the old and dual boot while still having all my settings/data shared across both installs.
good move, I’ve got a totally different test setup for 12.0 (my test bench) so anything,like that for me doesn’t matter.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I've can still boot beta 1 with the update volume for beta 2 showing in picker. Obviously until patches are fixed can't boot beta 2 but beta 1 still boots fine.

I wouldn't recommend attempting the update until we publish new patches.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I’ve not tried booting beta1 since beta2 borked it. I just figured it isn’t my main system so I let it stay poorly and broken. 😂

elixir

AMD OS X Member
beta 1 working, wow, thank you for your good work.
i just left beta 2 in the picker waiting to be patch.
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 5.17.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-01 at 5.16.03 PM.png

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.