Lots of restarts

tzu7zu

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone!

I managed to crate the USB and install Monterey macOS on my SSD with these specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics (disabled the graphics)

GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series

RAM: 32GB

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING (AM4)

Audio Codec: Realtek High Definition Audio

Ethernet Card: Intel(R) Ethernet I225-V

Wifi/BT Card: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz and Bluetooth

After install, the macOS welcome setup appeared , i chose the Region, it suddenly refreshed, apple logo appeared again , it loaded and after a few seconds the welcome setup appeared again, and it did this non-stop. I decided to force restart the pc. The welcome screen appeared once again, this time i selected the region , but after i press not now at accesibility setup it just instantly restarts. I keeped trying and trying and trying restart after restart i managed to get into macOS. It was still restarting after a few seconds or a few minutes after getting into macOS, usually seconds.

VIDEO : LINK

I decided to reinstall the macOS and tought this will fix but no, after reinstall the refresh loop at region happened again, force restart and now i cant get past accesibility setup because the pc restarts very fast after it boots up. Im aware this may be a hardware problem , i have another SSD wich is with windows , it works well no problem at all. Anyone got any ideea how can i fix this? Thank you!

Speccy info :

Summary

CPU

My EFI :

EFI

Update 1 : Installed the AMD CPU power management kexts and sadly didn’t fix it. Sometimes after the random restarts the pc doesn’t detect my usb anymore , I have to remove it and put it back again.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You have NMveFix.kext loading before VitualSMC.kext in your config.plist. This should never be the case. Lilu.kext should always be followed by VirtualSMC.kext, before any other Lilu plugins.

I have cleaned up your config. fixed the kext injection order and made a few other minor changes.

Try the revised EFI attached and see if it helps.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 25

alyxferrari

Guru
Guru
Add e1000=0 to your boot args. The DriverKit E1000 driver can cause restarting issues with the I225-V NIC on macOS 12.3+ without this boot arg disabling it.

tzu7zu

AMD OS X Member
Thank you guys! By doing both, it fixed my problem! God bless you all!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.