Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3, Sonoma

Guantanamera

AMD OS X Member
  • CPU: OctalCore AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, 3169 MHz
  • Motherboar: Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ACH6
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics (2 GB)
  • NVMe: 1TB Micron MTFDHBA1T0QFD
  • WiFi: AX210 003 Verison
  • Realtek ALC257 @ AMD K19.5 - Audio Processor
  • Aceleradora 3D AMD Cezanne
  • Operating Systems: Windows 11 Pro, Manjaro – Sonoma 14.3
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 9,8

Attachments

• FOTO1.png
    FOTO1.png
    233.2 KB · Views: 22
  • FOTO2.png
    FOTO2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • FOTO3.png
    FOTO3.png
    762.4 KB · Views: 20
  • FOTO4.png
    FOTO4.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 14
  • FOTO5.png
    FOTO5.png
    299.5 KB · Views: 15
  • FOTO6.png
    FOTO6.png
    344.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The MediaTek WiFi/Bluetooth module in your Lenovo laptop is not supported in macOS. So you either need to replace it with a compatible Broadcom or Intel WiFi/BT card, or carry on using the USB WiFi dongle. It will work in Windows and probably work in Linux, but there are no drivers/kexts for any MediaTek WiFi/BT cards in macOS.

Sound not working will be related to the layout-id you are using with AppleALC.kext, i.e. the layout-id you have specified in your config.plist, either in the DeviceProperties section or as a Boot-Argument in your config.plist.

Your Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 laptop uses the ALC3287 (ALC257) audio codec, which is supported in AppleALC.kext, using one of these layout-id's:

layout 11, 18, 86, 96, 97, 99, 100, 101

You will need to try each ID listed above to see which works (best) with your laptop. Use alcid=xx boot argument in your config.plist, where xx represents one of the id's listed above.

Remember to check to ensure your system is set to use the internal speakers in the sound System Settings when you try each id. As macOS doesn't always default to the sound out device you expect. This is moot if your laptop only enables one sound out device. But your system may have a HDMI out connector, which might be available to the OS and so you need to check that the correct sound out device is selected.

Guantanamera

AMD OS X Member
El módulo MediaTek WiFi/Bluetooth de su computadora portátil Lenovo no es compatible con macOS. Por lo tanto, deberá reemplazarla con una tarjeta Broadcom o Intel WiFi/BT compatible, o continuar usando el dongle WiFi USB. Funcionará en Windows y probablemente funcione en Linux, pero no hay controladores/kexts para ninguna tarjeta MediaTek WiFi/BT en macOS.

El sonido que no funciona estará relacionado con el ID de diseño que está utilizando con AppleALC.kext, es decir, el ID de diseño que ha especificado en su config.plist, ya sea en la sección DeviceProperties o como argumento de arranque en su config.plist.

Su computadora portátil Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 usa el códec de audio ALC3287 (ALC257), que es compatible con AppleALC.kext, usando uno de estos ID de diseño:

diseño 11, 18, 86, 96, 97, 99, 100, 101

Deberá probar cada ID enumerada anteriormente para ver cuál funciona (mejor) con su computadora portátil. Utilice el argumento de arranque alcid=xx en su config.plist, donde xx representa una de las identificaciones enumeradas anteriormente.

Recuerde verificar para asegurarse de que su sistema esté configurado para usar los parlantes internos en la Configuración del sistema de sonido cuando pruebe cada identificación. Como macOS no siempre utiliza de forma predeterminada el dispositivo de salida de sonido que espera. Esto es discutible si su computadora portátil solo habilita un dispositivo de salida de sonido. Pero es posible que su sistema tenga un conector de salida HDMI, que podría estar disponible para el sistema operativo, por lo que debe verificar que esté seleccionado el dispositivo de salida de sonido correcto.

Guantanamera

AMD OS X Member
Thanks Edhawk for responding, the fact is that I do have sound, but it does not detect the microphone. My computer does not have HDMI

chingiiiix

AMD OS X Member
hi can you share the EFI?? i have the same laptop
thank you

Guantanamera

AMD OS X Member

chingiiiix

AMD OS X Member

Guantanamera

AMD OS X Member
Sir can you share me the bios configuration
what things i have to disable
You have to check the config.plist and in "Misc, Security, Scan policy" set the value to 0....

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58

Guantanamera

AMD OS X Member
Sir can you share me the bios configuration
what things i have to disable
I have reviewed the efi that I had uploaded, but it had some errors, try the one I just uploaded, I think it will work better for you.
Greetings

chingiiiix

AMD OS X Member
I have reviewed the efi that I had uploaded, but it had some errors, try the one I just uploaded, I think it will work better for you.
Greetings
Can you please re-attach the file, i have lost it
thanks

chingiiiix

AMD OS X Member
When i try to load EFI, my macOS efi is not seen OC meny and the keyboard selector is not working
please help

Guantanamera

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34 MB · Views: 115

chingiiiix

AMD OS X Member
Sir
the screen is showing no MacOS boot menu
i copy pasted the efi in my usb
please help
thanks

Guantanamera

AMD OS X Member

chingiiiix

AMD OS X Member

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No idea what you are doing wrong, but you are obviously making a mistake if you can't see the OC boot screen or picker list.

Maybe you should go read the OC guide, specifically the part about making the USB installer and where the OC EFI folder is to be placed on the USB. As that is the most likely cause for you not being able to see the OC boot screen.

chingiiiix

AMD OS X Member
No idea what you are doing wrong, but you are obviously making a mistake if you can't see the OC boot screen or picker list.

Maybe you should go read the OC guide, specifically the part about making the USB installer and where the OC EFI folder is to be placed on the USB. As that is the most likely cause for you not being able to see the OC boot screen.

Built that from Scratch and still cant see the boot menu :(

Guantanamera

AMD OS X Member
Sir
the screen is showing no MacOS boot menu
i copy pasted the efi in my usb
please help
thanks
Well, I have done a new installation again with the latest EFI and it works fine. I think the problem is in the creation of the installer, you have to look for a valid image... I think.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
  1. Which EFI are you using? Post a copy of the Whole EFI so we can see exactly what you are using to boot the system.
  2. How are you downloading the macOS installation app, i.e which app or process are you using to download the full 12+ GB download file?
  3. Are you downloading the installation app directly from Apple's servers?
  4. Does your laptop's bios have an option for Compatibility Support Module (CSM)? Has this been disabled in the bios?
  5. Has the NVIDIA GPU been disabled in the Bios, so only the Integrated GPU (Radeon Vega graphics) is being used?

chingiiiix

AMD OS X Member
  1. Which EFI are you using? Post a copy of the Whole EFI so we can see exactly what you are using to boot the system.
  2. How are you downloading the macOS installation app, i.e which app or process are you using to download the full 12+ GB download file?
  3. Are you downloading the installation app directly from Apple's servers?
  4. Does your laptop's bios have an option for Compatibility Support Module (CSM)? Has this been disabled in the bios?
  5. Has the NVIDIA GPU been disabled in the Bios, so only the Integrated GPU (Radeon Vega graphics) is being used?
I followed the guide and did the macRecovery command
then copied the EFI and pasteed it in my USB stick and then changed the bios setting and then i still could not see the boot option

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.