kernel patcher result 5 for kernel - not found

peerl

AMD OS X Member
I tried to run the flash drive and this is the result, does anyone know how to solve this?
gpu - gigabyte nvidia rtx 3060
cpu - ryzen 7 5700g
ram - 16g
motherboard - gigabyte b550m

Attachments

• IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1647.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 6
  • config.plist
    37.8 KB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to disable/delete NootedRed.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext from the OC setup. As these two kexts appear to already be included in the Kernel Cache. Possibly older versions of the same kext were used and added to the Kernel Cache, when the system was running High Sierra.

The AMD Kernel Patch error (top line in the screen image you posted above) was caused by an incorrect entry for that patch.

Try this revised config.plist, which has these three issues resolved as recommended above.

I have also enabled the XhciPortLimit quirk, so your USB ports work when you boot macOS.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 2

peerl

AMD OS X Member
i stuck on this line, i waited over 20 minutes and nothing happened

Attachments

• 5ff38b9b-6e0b-4c75-9dc8-4d437793a3c5.jpg
    5ff38b9b-6e0b-4c75-9dc8-4d437793a3c5.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post a copy of your Whole EFI folder. Sometimes the config.plist alone doesn't tell us everything we need to know.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Change the SMBIOS from iMacPro1,1 to iMac20,1, as your system will be using just an IGPU for graphics. The MacPro1,1 system expects a discrete GPU to be the only one present. My Asus B550/Ryzen 5 5600G & Asus B550M/Ryzen 7 5700G systems both worked with NootedRed.kext using the iMac20,1 SMBIOS.

As much of a pain as this might be I would recommend physically removing the Nvidia dGPU while installing macOS on this system.

If that is not an option, then I would do the following:
  1. Disable the SSDT-GPU-Disable.aml table,
  2. Boot with just the -wegnoegpu boot argument to disable the dGPU.
  3. Enable NootedRed.kext
  4. Leave the two AMD CPU kexts disabled, as they can clash with NootedRed.kext.
Try these settings to see if that gets past this GPU related error.

Everything else looks good in the EFI for a B550 AMD IGPU system.

Just be aware that NootedRed.kext doesn't support Mojave or earlier versions of macOS.

peerl

AMD OS X Member
Change the SMBIOS from iMacPro1,1 to iMac20,1, as your system will be using just an IGPU for graphics. The MacPro1,1 system expects a discrete GPU to be the only one present. My Asus B550/Ryzen 5 5600G & Asus B550M/Ryzen 7 5700G systems both worked with NootedRed.kext using the iMac20,1 SMBIOS.

As much of a pain as this might be I would recommend physically removing the Nvidia dGPU while installing macOS on this system.

If that is not an option, then I would do the following:
  1. Disable the SSDT-GPU-Disable.aml table,
  2. Boot with just the -wegnoegpu boot argument to disable the dGPU.
  3. Enable NootedRed.kext
  4. Leave the two AMD CPU kexts disabled, as they can clash with NootedRed.kext.
Try these settings to see if that gets past this GPU related error.

Everything else looks good in the EFI for a B550 AMD IGPU system.

Just be aware that NootedRed.kext doesn't support Mojave or earlier versions of macOS.
I was able to run everything, but the integrated graphics does not want to work, it only works when I completely remove the videocard from the PC, and also, how can I make it so that I can boot onto the MacOS without a flash drive (I already installed MacOS on the disk) and for some reason my keyboard stopped working, but I connected it to the front port and it worked

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
To boot the system using OpenCore that is not on a USB drive do the following:

Boot in to macOS from the USB.
  1. Open Hackintool, navigate to the Disk tab.
  2. Select the down arrow against the USB drive (right hand side of the window)
  3. Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 18.42.49.png Selecting this icon will Mount the USB's EFI partition.
  4. Open the EFI partition in Finder on your desktop.
  5. Copy the working EFI folder from the USB EFI partition to your desktop.
  6. Close the EFI partition Finder window
  7. Eject the USB drive, including the EFI partition, (right-click on the USB icon on the desktop and select 'Eject' from the drop down list)
  8. Then physically remove the USB pen drive.
  9. Back to Hackintool and the Disks tab.
  10. Select the down arrow against the macOS drives name.
  11. This will mount the macOS's EFI partition.
  12. Copy the EFI folder you placed on your desktop to the EFI partition on the macOS drive.

When you next reboot /boot your system:
  1. Open the Bios,
  2. Change the Boot options so the macOS Drive's UEFI partition is the first boot disk.
  3. Save and close the bios.
Your system should now be bootable from the macOS drive, without using the USB. If it isn't go back to the Bios and check the correct drive has been selected as the first boot drive. Remove any other drives from the boot list if it helps.

Discrete Graphics card.
The fact you can''t boot in to macOS with the Nvidia card present in the system, tells me the SSDT-GPU-DISABLE.aml table you have created is not set correctly. Not sure what else could be causing the issue.

peerl

AMD OS X Member
Attach files
To boot the system using OpenCore that is not on a USB drive do the following:

Boot in to macOS from the USB.
  1. Open Hackintool, navigate to the Disk tab.
  2. Select the down arrow against the USB drive (right hand side of the window)
  3. View attachment 12891 Selecting this icon will Mount the USB's EFI partition.
  4. Open the EFI partition in Finder on your desktop.
  5. Copy the working EFI folder from the USB EFI partition to your desktop.
  6. Close the EFI partition Finder window
  7. Eject the USB drive, including the EFI partition, (right-click on the USB icon on the desktop and select 'Eject' from the drop down list)
  8. Then physically remove the USB pen drive.
  9. Back to Hackintool and the Disks tab.
  10. Select the down arrow against the macOS drives name.
  11. This will mount the macOS's EFI partition.
  12. Copy the EFI folder you placed on your desktop to the EFI partition on the macOS drive.

When you next reboot /boot your system:
  1. Open the Bios,
  2. Change the Boot options so the macOS Drive's UEFI partition is the first boot disk.
  3. Save and close the bios.
Your system should now be bootable from the macOS drive, without using the USB. If it isn't go back to the Bios and check the correct drive has been selected as the first boot drive. Remove any other drives from the boot list if it helps.

Discrete Graphics card.
The fact you can''t boot in to macOS with the Nvidia card present in the system, tells me the SSDT-GPU-DISABLE.aml table you have created is not set correctly. Not sure what else could be causing the issue.
about ssdt-gpu-disable.aml table, when i try boot in macos with enabled ssdt-gpu-disable.aml and it gives me an error, and when I turn it off, it starts, I’ve attached screenshots here, maybe I didn’t configure something correctly?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 4
  • photo_5472155791487259695_y.jpg
    photo_5472155791487259695_y.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 4
  • photo_5472155791487259701_x.jpg
    photo_5472155791487259701_x.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 6

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
That IOReg Name PCI0.GPP0.VGA_, looks a bit short for a dGPU in an AMD system. I have a feeling that Windows misses out a section, as it is not named correctly, but rather is named pci-bridge. This is a common issue on AMD systems containing discrete GPUs.

To fix the name you need to generate a custom SSDT using your system DSDT.aml, the Device Path for the dGPU and Corpnewt's SSDTTime script.

Booting the system while using the SSDT-GPU-Disable.aml table with it containing an incorrect IOReg Name for the dGPU will never work. You would be best served removing the incorrect SSDT from your OC setup and clarifying the IOReg Name and Device Path for the NVIDIA GPU in macOS.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.