Kernel Panic during Ventura Installation

nocaptony

AMD OS X Member
Tried a few solutions but keeps panicking around the same area. EFI and log are attached below.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 5
  • opencore-2022-11-03-183034.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Make sure you are using the latest releases of the kexts. Specifically AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext. As the previous release of SMCAMDProcessor.kext (0.7.0) doesn't work in macOS Ventura, it causes a KP during the boot process.

Can you post a screen image of the KP. As that might tell us what is causing the KP.

nocaptony

AMD OS X Member
Make sure you are using the latest releases of the kexts. Specifically AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext. As the previous release of SMCAMDProcessor.kext (0.7.0) doesn't work in macOS Ventura, it causes a KP during the boot process.

Can you post a screen image of the KP. As that might tell us what is causing the KP.

Here is a picture of the screen. I tried putting in the most recent kexts as you linked but still to no avail. All of the panics have occurred at this spot, where IOG flag 0x3 (0x51) always pops up. Thanks for the reply.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You have the Kernel > Emulate > DummyPowerManagement entry set as False, it should be set as True.

I have edited your EFI, specifically the config.plist, making the change listed above and cleaning up the config to remove a number of placeholder entries you don't need with your AMD system.

Try this revised OC EFI and see if this works any better.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 5

nocaptony

AMD OS X Member
You have the Kernel > Emulate > DummyPowerManagement entry set as False, it should be set as True.

I have edited your EFI, specifically the config.plist, making the change listed above and cleaning up the config to remove a number of placeholder entries you don't need with your AMD system.

Try this revised OC EFI and see if this works any better.
Thanks for taking the time to revise the EFI. I tried it, but still didn't work. The installer keeps panicking at about the same place, I have two pictures of the screen. See attached below.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-11-07-004405.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this EFI.

It only has a single change to config.plist boot argument.

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    4 MB · Views: 7

nocaptony

AMD OS X Member
Try this EFI.

It only has a single change to config.plist boot argument.
I used the second rendition of the EFI and added the AppleMCEReporterDisabler kext to it and I finally got macOS Ventura installed. Thank you both so much for the help. Just one more thing: the CPU is showing up as unknown in the system information tab. Is there any fix to this? See image attached below. Also attaching the new EFI just in case it is needed.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 14

alyxferrari

Guru
Guru
Add the RestrictEvents kext. If you have an 8+ core CPU, set PlatformInfo -> Generic -> ProcessorType to 3841. Otherwise, set it to 1537.

nocaptony

AMD OS X Member
Add the RestrictEvents kext. If you have an 8+ core CPU, set PlatformInfo -> Generic -> ProcessorType to 3841. Otherwise, set it to 1537.
Yep, that fixed it. Thank you both so much for the help once again.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.