Intel i9 13900K Asus X790 Success

sac23

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
hello well I wanted to share this here this is something that shaneee helped out a lot with to get everything running 100% thanks to him for this

this is a great community so i thought'd share my EFI here

Enjoy I hope it makes things easier for whoever has my build or is close to my build

so on my pc nothing is broken everything working

Attachments

• EFI_13900K_Z790_Newest_12_12_22_EVERYTHING_WORKING.zip
    25.6 MB · Views: 22

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
hello well I wanted to share this here this is something that shaneee helped out a lot with to get everything running 100% thanks to him for this

this is a great community so i thought'd share my EFI here

Enjoy I hope it makes things easier for whoever has my build or is close to my build

so on my pc nothing is broken everything working
Why are you using USBInjectAll + SSDT-UIAC instead of an USB Map?

This is why prebuilt EFIs are hated, people who just made their first Hackintosh EFI publish it so other people use it too, and they're usually really bad.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

sac23

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I would love to brotha but I am not that good at all this I wish I could I mod phones all day lol I can add and remove kext that's about it

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I would love to brotha but I am not that good at all this I wish I could I mod phones all day lol I can add and remove kext that's about it
You can always learn!

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Why are you using USBInjectAll + SSDT-UIAC instead of an USB Map?

This is why prebuilt EFIs are hated, people who just made their first Hackintosh EFI publish it so other people use it too, and they're usually really bad.
Hi ExtremeXt, big fan. You probably aren't aware but that is Casey's favorite way of configuring USB ports. I know all his recent intel Golden Builds are set up that way at TMX86. He even set up his X670E Crossfire Gene board that way!

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Hi ExtremeXt, big fan. You probably aren't aware but that is Casey's favorite way of configuring USB ports. I know all his recent intel Golden Builds are set up that way at TMX86. He even set up his X670E Crossfire Gene board that way!
IMHO, USBInjectAll has no reason to be used anymore. It was last updated in 2018 so it's obsolete, and there are many better and more modern solutions. @CaseySJ If you have a counter argument, please let me know, I want to know why you prefer that over a normal USB map (talking in a good way, just interested) :)

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
AFAIK he used SSDT USB mapping (not with USBInjectAll). USBInjectAll doesn't even work properly on AMD chipsets.

gurusekhon

AMD OS X Member
i currently running catalina on 3900x and i want to upgrade to 13900k. i am using fenvi fv-hb1200 for bluetooth and wifi its plug and play with my current setup. Can you please tell me if this card will work for 13900k hackintosh if you know . which kind ddr5 ram you using ? Are you using air cooler or liquid cooling with 13900k @sac23

sac23

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Liquid cooled custom loop ddr5 ram is the G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series (Intel XMP) 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000

@xtremext yes I will learn brotha thank u for that link much appreciated is there any way u can mod that efi just so I can compare and see the way u think it should be please thanks

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Okay let me chime in and ruffle as many feathers as I can... :)
  • I absolutely love USBInjectAll and SSDT-UIAC, and I continue to champion their use.
  • There is no reason nor justification for forcing people to bend to someone's will -- there are multiple ways of doing things and that's a good thing.
  • USBInjectAll still works -- it is not broken.
  • USBInjectAll provides boot arguments to selectively enable and disable single ports and ranges of ports.
  • If we want to disable on-board Bluetooth at HS14, for example, so we can install a PCIe WiFi/BT card, we just use the boot argument -uia_exclude=HS14 and that's it
  • USBInjectAll allows us to create one SSDT that maps all the valid ports, then allows individual users to disable unneeded ports via boot arguments
  • However, USBInjectAll is not well suited to AMD boards because multiple USB controllers are involved, so I use it only on Intel platforms
I also love the idea of pre-built EFI folders. In fact I plan to publish a fully-configured EFI folder for X670E Gene soon.
  • Not everyone wants or needs to learn all the intricacies of configuring a Hackintosh
  • Pre-built EFI folders encourage vastly more people to build Hackintoshes
  • Pre-built EFI folders also allow us to troubleshoot problems more effectively because we know they're using the same configuration files
  • If every Tom, Dick and Harriet built his or her own EFI folder, we would have a Help Me thread 100s of pages long for every user
  • There is no way we can scale support for thousands of users when every user has their own EFI configuration
And once again, I really dislike the notion of people trying to force their way of thinking onto others.

Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
AFAIK he used SSDT USB mapping (not with USBInjectAll). USBInjectAll doesn't even work properly on AMD chipsets.
He did do some port mapping with USBToolBox because it was still in the EFI folder he shared with me but inactive. He also created a couple UAIC type SSDTs he had active along as well as an active port mapping kext. Even though we have the same board I couldn’t boot without changing some of the ACPI entries and then had to map my own ports. I have a different processor but besides core count that usually doesn’t matter.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Okay let me chime in and ruffle as many feathers as I can... :)
  • I absolutely love USBInjectAll and SSDT-UIAC, and I continue to champion their use.
  • There is no reason nor justification for forcing people to bend to someone's will -- there are multiple ways of doing things and that's a good thing.
  • USBInjectAll still works -- it is not broken.
  • USBInjectAll provides boot arguments to selectively enable and disable single ports and ranges of ports.
  • If we want to disable on-board Bluetooth at HS14, for example, so we can install a PCIe WiFi/BT card, we just use the boot argument -uia_exclude=HS14 and that's it
  • USBInjectAll allows us to create one SSDT that maps all the valid ports, then allows individual users to disable unneeded ports via boot arguments
  • However, USBInjectAll is not well suited to AMD boards because multiple USB controllers are involved, so I use it only on Intel platforms
I also love the idea of pre-built EFI folders. In fact I plan to publish a fully-configured EFI folder for X670E Gene soon.
  • Not everyone wants or needs to learn all the intricacies of configuring a Hackintosh
  • Pre-built EFI folders encourage vastly more people to build Hackintoshes
  • Pre-built EFI folders also allow us to troubleshoot problems more effectively because we know they're using the same configuration files
  • If every Tom, Dick and Harriet built his or her own EFI folder, we would have a Help Me thread 100s of pages long for every user
  • There is no way we can scale support for thousands of users when every user has their own EFI configuration
And once again, I really dislike the notion of people trying to force their way of thinking onto others.
Great philosophy IMHO

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Of course! That's why I asked for your POV!

Prebuilt EFIs are okay but only if they're built properly and the creator is active and can help people, which I'm sure you do. My problem is with prebuilt EFIs made by people who just finished their first EFI, filled with a million bogus Kexts or SSDTs, then published and abandoned. For example, your prebuilt EFIs actually documents stuff like the USB map and installation process. I'm sure you see my point here.

Liquid cooled custom loop ddr5 ram is the G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series (Intel XMP) 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000

@xtremext yes I will learn brotha thank u for that link much appreciated is there any way u can mod that efi just so I can compare and see the way u think it should be please thanks
If you encounter any problems, let me know and I'll check.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.