I try to install OSX on my AMD Epyc System

theshadowpeople

AMD OS X Member
Hello
I try to install OSX on my AMD Epyc System ( Supermicro H11SSL-i with AMD Epyc 7551 and AMD Radeon RX490 )

It boots from the USB stick and loads a little and then restarts.

Can someone help me to install OSX ?
THX

Attachments

• opencore-2022-04-30-215235.txt
    256 KB · Views: 6
  • config.plist
    35.6 KB · Views: 7

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this revised config.plist see if it allows you to boot. I have made changes in line with what the Higher end AMD boards require.

Post a screen image showing where it stops, if the system kernel panics while using this config.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 6

theshadowpeople

AMD OS X Member
Hey thanks for your help but unfortunately it's exactly the same error.
I found three more threads here in the forum that have the same error. One of them said that this error is not in version 11.6.1 but with version 12. Unfortunately there was no solution to the problem here either.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
By that did they mean installing macOS Big Sur would work and that they couldn't install macOS Monterey?

Have you tried booting with a macOS Big Sur installer?

Can you post a copy of your EFI folder so I can get a better understanding of what you are using.

Can you post a photo of the verbose text when it kernel panics, as that might tell us what needs fixing.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hey thanks for your help but unfortunately it's exactly the same error.
I found three more threads here in the forum that have the same error. One of them said that this error is not in version 11.6.1 but with version 12. Unfortunately there was no solution to the problem here either.
Did you add AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext to your config.plist? This is needed for booting Monterey 12.3. As far as I am aware Big Sur 11.6 also requires it.

If anything I'd also check AdviseWindows and ProvideCPUInfo when booting Monterey/Big Sur 11/6. Also try adding -no_compat_check to the end of your NVRAM boot-arg - it can help with bypassing SMBIOS checks.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just note that Epyc is very different from Threadripper. It is an SoC and does not use a chipset, all I/O is provided by the CPU.

theshadowpeople

AMD OS X Member
I forgot to put the entry on the ProvideCurrentCpuInfo on true. Now he boots but it doesn't want to run.

Edit
Most restarts come after the [PCI config (Picture 2)

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
There are a few issues that can cause the 'PCI Configuration Begins' kernel panic, as listed in the OC Troubleshooting guide linked below.

# PCI Configuration Begins troubleshooting

The PCI allocation issue section is AMD related.

Have you set Above 4G Decoding as Enabled in your bios? If not you need to add 'npci=0x2000' boot argument to your config.plist.

theshadowpeople

AMD OS X Member
Above 4G Decoding was already on. I also made a BIOS update and tried the setting NPCI = 0x2000 and "Above 4G Decoding off". Unfortunately no success.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you tried any of the other fixes offered by the troubleshooting guide?

theshadowpeople

AMD OS X Member
As far as I can see that, yes.
I attached my EFI folder and a debug file. Maybe you will see the mistake

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • opencore-2022-05-04-172028.txt
    256 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.