How to Dualboot Windows 10 Monterey

OG Deltwin

The FX Guy
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello, i've made my EFI for install Monterey but i wanna do a dualboot with Windows 10.
How i can do it?

My Configuration (read bio under here):

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Assuming your installing to different drives. This is the safer/easier way. Remove your macOS drive just to be safe. Install Windows as you would normally. Once installed reinstall your macOS drive.
Set the macOS drive with your OC EFI as the default boot device and OpenCore will allow you to boot either macOS or Windows.

OG Deltwin

The FX Guy
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Ok thank you :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Just make sure to install Windows in UEFI mode. OpenCore doesn’t recognuse MBR formatted drives.

Best way to achieve this is to use Rufus USB creator to create your Windows installer:

OG Deltwin

The FX Guy
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just make sure to install Windows in UEFI mode. OpenCore doesn’t recognuse MBR formatted drives.

Best way to achieve this is to use Rufus USB creator to create your Windows installer:

I already have Win10 in UEFI mode...
So i need only to create a partition for Mac OS? In what formact (beside gpt)?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You have to use the APFS format on the macOS drive.

The USB installation USB will need to be formatted as GPT & HFS+, assuming it is created on a real Mac or another Hack.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.